Unexpected reliability

Get in here with cars that are surprisingly reliable. I don't want to see Honda Accorda and Corollas, people already know those last and they charge a premium. Show me stuff that's cheap and stout and underappreciated.

Mine:
>W202 and W210 Benz
>Can do high, high miles
>Ubiquitious as taxis in Eastern Europe and Middle East
>Parts cheaper than you think
>Half the price of a similar condition BMW 3 or 5 series (fuccboi tax I guess)

1994-97 Audi A4 B5
>basically a passat with a backwards baseball cap
>vw parts are literally everywhere, and cheap (hard luck US)
>has actual build quality, unlike later versions
>will run basically forever so long as you keep it fed on oil

E46 318i/318ci (1998-2001 pre facelift)
my gf has owned a 318ci for several years and it is hilariously low maintenance
literally a german corolla

Late 90s Buick Century. My dad's survived Michigan winters without rusting. 300k miles with no major work on the engine at the time my sister's shenanigans destroyed it in 2014. Interior was falling apart though.

2003 vw golf diesel
Cheap parts, huge aftermarket.

>1996-2000 Passat B5 TDI
>family car for the past 16 years
>currently 280k km
>comfy, decent quality interior with nice AC and Alcantara/leather seats
>spent less than 2000€ on non-routine maintenance (including worn control arms) over those 16 years
>the TDI is literally indestructible and gets great mileage
>so little electronics, even if something fucks up you won't notice
>3rd party aftermarket parts are cheap as shit (bought a full set of control arms for the front left and right suspension and rear brake disks with pads for 150€)

Are you kidding? I've never in my life seen one of these with rockers left. 3100's are also shit. These cars are complete garbage.

On the flipside my Honda Civic has been a complete fucking dog.

1 owner from new, dealer maintained, low miles.

motherfucking ur s4 and ur s6. they're comparable in reliability to a lexus ls400 on top of being really comfy, excellent awd, and having staggering tuning potential out of the inline 5 turbo engine

Opels, or heck anything with ISUZU diesel

>ls400

...no

Correct but
>>Half the price of a similar condition BMW 3 or 5 series (fuccboi tax I guess)

not true. they mercs are a slight bit less expensive than similar age bimmers but the mercs are harder to find without rush

Good cars

2004.5 Dodge Ram Cummins
Other than rust, these are very reliable and always hit 300k without any major work. Diesel motor, no emission bs. No def, no dpf. No egr.

no what?
seriously the original s4 and s6 are super hard to find issues with. usually when you see them for sale they're upwards of 250k and still running fine

This super dreadnought of a car, the E32 750i.

Sure it is filled with archaic tech on the verge of imploding, but when given even the slightest resemblance of regular maintenance and care, that thing will keep on trudging along for years to come.

Mine had smaller and some bigger things failing left and right but mechanically she was golden, not even once did she fail to start or leave me stranded somewhere. Always got me to my destination and back home with zero fuss.

Everyone knows about these though, people still want 4K for grimy ones above 200k because of TDi meme.

Every single one of these I see on Craigslist is riddled with problems

Old e30's
If you treat em well they wont rust and because the basic ones have no power steering,air bags,abs and esc its the pure driving experience. They are pretty and wont break down that easily. Just keep an eye on the timing belt and cam shaft and it will be a pleasure to drive.

MAZDA MIATA
I have an Isuzu Trooper and it's been fine for me

Even Mercs seem to be pretty expensive now because muh rwd.

>30+ year old car
>wont rust

Not unless its been garaged for most of that time, or you live somewhere with no humidity at all.

Nissan Pathfinder, I know toyotas get all the cred (my 4runner has 315), but any any year pathy before 05 when they got big. Mine just hit 200k, was pulling seats out of a junkyard R50 with 389K and no major mechanical failure, it got T-boned. I know of at least one user on NPORA that has 400K on a 2 door WD21. Same goes for Nissan pickups.

It has been garaged in germany but the winters were pretty harsh with salt everywhere so it formed some rust in the wheelarches, but only after ~25 years and that's pretty good. But with some protective coating it probably wouldnt have happened in the first place.