/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood General

Azim Steppies edition

>Simultaenous Logout Measures
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/263f9a10fe534e8c93e43d08fde73eaba1c52976

>Job Guide
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

>4.0 Patch Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/296b070f41c0e0dedae24de50ae7c51abfa95055

>Callback Campaign for Returning Players
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/27vjvASi

Last time on /xivg/:

i wish putt would run you off Veeky Forums again

Who's this slut?

Putt is reformed, he wouldn't do that now.

It literally only died because one guy was supremely butthurt and our mods couldn't (wouldn't?) do anything about it.

>make it to Azim Steppe
>think "steppies"
>spend the late portion of the story expelling that funny but inappropriate word from my enjoyment of the game
>see this

I don't enjoy the 70 crafter outfit all that much but I don't wanna go back to ironworks either since it's been the glamour for the past 3 months

so what should I swap to? I was thinking the velveteen/holy rainbow or kudzu set maybe

Ruby Cotton or Archaeoskin

Humu go poncho style

what is the most complex class in the game? i want to have fun in combat and be engaged. i don't care if it's tank, DPS or heal. DRG doesn't seem to be too engaging.

MCH

You're one of the cutest cat sluts around here.

Congratulations.

lol

Liora was the best aspect of Heavensward. Now that Stormblood is actually good, Liora is the love put into the cake.
>ywn have all four of Mumu and Liora's feet on your face

AST or SCH.
For DPS it might be SMN or MCH.

It actually is, but the complexity does not pay off.

She's mine b-back the fuck off?!?!?

My PC wants to FUCK Nero!

That's not untrue.

Where do you all go for rotation guides and such? Everything I find is 3 years old.

Everyone wants a piece of the best husbando, user.

>where do you all go for rotation guides
Microsoft Excel

There's nearly nothing like that out for SB content at the moment, try again in a couple weeks.

Is that from a PSP game?

Daily reminder:
Critical Hit: Every 108.5 points grant a +1% chance to deal critical damage. This also increases base critical damage by +1%.
Base chance of critical strike is 5%
Base damage of critical strike is 140%

Direct Hit: Every 37.5 points is +1% chance to deal a direct hit.
Base chance is 0%
Direct hit damage is 125% always

Determination: every 134 points increase the potency of all your shit by 1%

S. Speed: every 66.3 points decreases GCD by 0.01. The first drop, however is at +17 for 2.49

Lv70 "zero" is 364 with the exception of determination which has a "zero" of 292

SCH and MCH imo. However, other classes are more rewarding for FAR less effort atm. WAR used to be the most complext tank, but we can't have nice things, that wouldn't be right.

>not liking garage workbench dad
You should make your own glamour. Or copy someone else's.

there's extensive spreadsheets and video guides for SAM openers and full rotations

Post sluts

>nearly

They made WAR more complex, but made it less good.

What class is the best for soloing EX ARR primals? PLD? WAR?

lol
why doesn't chemo do this
hell of a lot more effective than going reee avatars

Not anymore, bitch boy.

Should I go SAM, RDM, NIN or BRD

Do you get anything for levelling without dying in this game?

yes

Swimmy

Riviera dress

I legitimately once had a nightmare about something like this happening to a general that I really like and spend a lot of time posting on. Granted, I don't count /xivg/ among the generals I really like, but at least I can discuss XIV here as is.

Will a tankslut do?

>AST or SCH
actually, my brother may start playing this game with me and he wants to play healer, so those would be off the table for me
>SMN
really? i heard exactly the opposite - that they are literally spamming 1 spell at end game
>MCH
there was some dude in the last thread that plays MCH that even says they have some bugs that prevent them from doing good damage. i'd like to be rewarded for the effort i do put in.

going over classes, MNK seems to have a shitload more skills compare to other classes. how fun/hard are they to play?

uhh, I already have poncho gathering set
I'm unsure I can get past the plaid pants on the rubby cotton set, but I do like that chest piece, and I kinda wanna stay away from archaeoskin because although it was long ago I used it forever
The thing is, everytime I look at it I feel like I'm some kind of fbi agent wearing a red shirt, if you dye the top pure white and the bottoms black, you're there
w-when was any of this decided

there's a quest at 30 called me feisty little chocobo that you can use to heal you. if you mean something else, not really. potions. most stuff is manageable without heals or has heals provided.

because chemo doesn't want to kill the thread, he wants the thread personalities to fuck off

you ever get tired of talking in third person?

I can't exactly play 4 jobs at once

SMN has a lot of janky design decisions put into it, so you have to play 4D chess to make it work alright.
MCH is very complex but it's currently a shit job, probably getting buffed soon though.
MNK is middle of the road in terms of complexity for a melee class, which is to say it's not complex at all.

>ywn scratch this sexy bitch's itch

It did happen for a while. Someone was spamming posts from the Fire Emblem general into here.

Highlanders

I want a friend

Might as well craft naked then /shrug

That wasn't bot spam. That was Silasfag trying to get all of Veeky Forums to raid /feg/.

You want NIN

I'm at maximum settings and not really inclined to use anything 3rd party if there are any.

>best girl is back

WHM

anyone on here from brynhildr

Is the game still filled with bots?

i want to play a highlander just for that but they make shitty casters
rip

Guys, I'm starting this game soon, and was wondering what class should i pick?

Machinist looks awesome, but the heat system looks complicated. I was also thinking about bard or redmage? Which one of those is the most fun?

I feel uncomfortable healslutting or tanking.

>tfw can't stand playing nin because of the run animation

MCH is mathematically flawed. Their numbers simply do not add up and are the lowest of all the DPS even when played perfectly.

It was ever filled with bots?

machinist is shit right now
like gutter trash shit
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

How so?

>they make shitty casters
What is this nonsense you're telling me?

go archer first, it turns into BRD and you can see if you lik eit from there, you can't access RDM til I think at least level 50 and have both expacs, perhaps level 60 if anyone can confirm

mch is in an iffy spot and doesn't feel rewarding at the moment to many
I-I think that's a big jump user, what would you say of either the starting gatherer outfit (poor robe) or the doublet (armpit showing chest)

post armpit to help decide

Any pro MNKs tell me what the optimal skill speed is? Also what is the actual stat priority?.... Haven't been able to find much info, so everythings appreciated..

i have to agree

Woah let's not be facetious. While MCH is the lowest of the barrel the only problem people will have with it. is when they do content that requires actual awareness

>skill speed on a class that has attack speed buff
This was not a good idea in 2.x, 3.x, and it still isn't in 4.x

Join the Balance discord... and... stop writing like this... this shit aint facebook.......... fag..

>tfw love the nin running animation and find any excuse to run like naruto in dungeons
BELIEVE IT

>implying MNK's don't have infinite TP these days

if the general is filled with bot spam the thread personalities will pack up and leave
do it

Is Goad worthless now? Everyone seems to have loads of TP.

Let me expand. While a no AS buff class requires 66.3 SS per 0.01 GCD this increases for a AS buffing class (if memory serves in this expansion it's 79 SS per .01 GCD)

Sorry I didn't explain very well. I meant is there an achievent or title or anything for reaching max level with no deaths like there was in Guild Wars and, I think, LotRO.

Effectively yes. Even when somebody dies they get invigorate and will naturally gen themselves back to 100% by just doing their rotation.

nope

Good to know. I hated that.

Basically. If anyone even decides to dip low for some reason you'll more than likely have a bard in your party for extreme so they just pop tact and for the next 30 seconds you can spam your aoe.

hey guys it's me again, your old pal godspeed

Holy kek, monks fate is sealed already. NINs are posting the same numbers as them, AND they have TA.

Monks brotherhood is currently busted as fuck, it doesn't buff the monk and only grants physical damage % increase, not all damage.

jej

can you not act like a nigger this time?

when are you making another ippiki wall of text

thats the move

>male lizard
The worst.

hey man swang thru and say that any time it's been too long since i put someone on their deathbed juhearddd

i dunno man it's not fun anymore this place sucks

man i got that move on vhs! i mastered that move in my formative years

so no, alright

Yah, its actually fucking hilarious. NIN is overtuned as shit, and MNK is undertuned and were given fucking terrible utility in the form of brotherhood, which only has a place in full melee comps.

uncle luigi

Tone down on selfies. You are becoming a problem.

How about something like the Scion jacket, or something from the gold saucer.

I decided to use the Songbird coat for Males because the female one is way too much.