Shitboxes that somehow survived

Does anyone else notice total and complete shitbox cars that are miraculously still on the road, despite the fact that by all rights, should have been crushed a decade or more ago?

Whenever I see some shit like still functioning Ford Tempo I'm like, "That's pretty fucking impressive, right there." It's not that I've ever been impressed with those cars, but I'm impressed with *that particular one*, because it beat the very long odds: it's somehow a survivor.

Other bullshit that falls into this category would be a Pinto, a Dodge Omni, any Datsun other than a Z, a Pontiac 6000, a Chevy Corsica, Plymouth Volare, or a Mercury Lynx. There are a few others as well.

I have a Ford tempo as my backup car. Was my first car but it stills works great at 220k mi so I keep it around

clean shitboxes is a patrician Veeky Forums fetish

I'd kill for a 5sp vulcan Tempo or Topaz, my very first car was a $200 2dr Tempo so I've always had a soft spot for them.
They are complete shitboxes by every means, but I just like them. Ran a 405k mile 5sp '84 Topaz in a few enduros before it got to tired and I had to put it down. Still came in 3rd in a demo with the trans jammed in 2nd gear the entire time.

Yeah, I own 2 1996 shit boxes...

My buddy rocks a pretty damn clean 1981 Citation as his beater. The tires on it are sears guardians from 1989. Hard to get much shittier.

>disposable piece of shit somehow miraculously survive grandmas garage for 20 years
wtf ford is so reliable now ho ho ho it's a Christmas miracle

>I'd kill for a 5sp vulcan Tempo or Topaz
Holy hell you'd kill for a fucking PBnJ sandwich ffs. Jesus Christ. Stay away from this guy

>tfw i fucking love the pinto from stranger things so much that ive tried to find one even though i know theyre complete shit.

>220k mi
>7 owners

This thing has had a hard life man lol

For better or worse I've never seen a GLS Tempo or XR5 Topaz in my life. I'd also kill for a AWD or diesel Tempo as well.

who gaf tho

did your frame snap from all the rust on your toyota shitbox?

Me.

I did an alignment on this '87 Toyota van a little while ago. It was 4x4 with a five speed and in surprisingly good shape.

ITT insecure retards wave their anecdotal dicks around at which brand is more reliable

>body side cladding

Someone in my hometown had an AWD tempo. Only one I've ever seen. I had a '94 2 door, 5 speed tempo in the mid 2000's that I bought for $650, it was a pretty good car.

Let's really look at this. I've noticed it as well.
Their are a shit ton of Chrysler and Dodge Stratus and Cirrus on the road down south.
The not cool early 2000s Ford Fuckus?
The Chevy Malibu with the 3100?
Can you say Cadillac (any Northstar V6 and V8)

i still keep this around because its worth fuck all and still runs despite the fact i have literally done nothing but change the fucking oil

My life has kinda escalated into keeping a fleet of OBD1 and older vehicles on the road. It may or may not be getting out of hand.
2 93 klx 650c
84 Honda Shadow 700
85 gmc k3500
3 Volvos, sedan and wagon 240 as well as sedan 740
93 Mitsubishi mighty max
95 E 350 motorhome
All are on the road legal except the 740 sedan and one of the klxs, which are decently rare.
There's also 2 John Deere tractors, and a 68 cub cadet, cuz hey why not. I spose the 3 trailers too.

I need to cut down, but nothing is redundant...

Anyone else /fleet/ here?

I owned 2 Tempos in the 80's and 90's and i can't for he life of me imagine what it must take to have kept them on the road this long. What total shit boxes with awful materials.

My old landlord is still tooling around in an old 80's Cutlass that looks good though, so I guess it's possible.

A lot of these old fucks just drive their cars to and from the store 2 miles round trip once or twice a week and keep them garaged the rest of the time. If you do that in a dry climate they'll last forever.