New pickup truck in the year 2009

New pickup truck in the year 2009
>$20k-$35k

New pickup truck in the year 2017
>$45k-$100k

When did it all go wrong? Why are pickup trucks now considered a luxury vehicle?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W-iMNnvhwg4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You’re wrong.

My F250 was $20k in 1990, take your shitposting elsewhere.

>2017 Ford F-150/MSRP
>From $27,110

>2017 RAM 1500/MSRP
>From $26,495

>2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500/MSRP
>From $27,785

Got my 2017 taco for 21k

I don't mind because that means there will be dope ass used trucks on the market soon.

>lying on a mongolian cookie clicking chatroom

>with I4, 2x4 and an electronics from the 90's.

>cookie clicking
Oh god I know what I'm doing the rest of the week.

no it wasnt

The new chevys look like sex

Fucking this, who wants a base model 2x4 with a cuck engine

Frigg off.

That thing will never break, but you'll probably want it to

You can get a 5.3 silverado 4x4 with a locking diff for like $30k or less same with Dodge. Maybe stop adding 4 different chrome packages and a bunch of useless shit you don't need?

WHat are you doing on Veeky Forums, grandpa?

My avalanche new in 2002 was about 32k
Adjusted for inflation thats about 43k. I can get a similarly appointed silverado for about 45k. It is a bit more expensive but it does have more tech (albeit mostly useless stuff) but the better fuel economy is tempting. Im just not going to take the depreciation hit. Maybe in 10 years i get a nice one with cooled seats at half the price

suburbanites wanted them as a status symbol, driving up demand for ever larger and more useless trucks. so, the price is growing higher so they can justify the purchase as being worth it

Still can't get a manual in any of them

So you bitch because base model trucks don't have enough technology so satisfy your Asian ass then you want a fucking manual in it? You want a luxury car with a bed then you want a manual? Why....

>being this dumb

>Live next to some hillbilly retard
>Has a new Dodge Ram with dualies and the chrome goodies
>Has to show all his neighbors than he has a Chrysler/Dodge piece of shit.
>Complains that it costs so much.

Just get a base model pickup truck, I can't believe how many retards put premium packages/engine upgrades and are shocked that it costs more money. You can still get them around the 20k-30k ballpark range no problem. Don't fall for the Pickup Truck Jews.

>drive through trailer park
>they all have new pickups
and then I understood why the poor stay poor

TELL ME WHAT YOU WANNA DO

JACK 'EM UP, JACK 'EM UP

The towing capacity on these new trucks is impressive. They can probably move house in a moment's notice with that truck

This interior is so sexy. However, im not ready to bust a nut just to pay for it

You can get a Silverado with a 4 cylinder??!?

>Inflation

You can with the ram diesel

You can in the Dodge.

>tfw the used truck market is exclusively bloated luxury barges filled with gimmicky options to make it twice as expensive or V6/4 cylinder cuck trucks that can't even haul a trailer
>tfw regular cabs, V8s, manual transmissions and longbeds are all getting harder to find
>tfw all the base work trucks with a decent size engine are all disgusting, miled up and rusty from being used as abused construction vehicles
>tfw all the once-cheap, solid 80s and 90s trucks have disappeared and the couple that are left in good shape are comparably priced to new vehicles

V6 are pretty good and you can tow with them pretty well too, all you need is good diff gears. My dad had a 2014 Chevy 1500 with 4.3 v6. He pulled 13 yearling heifers in a cattle trailer through a valley with no big problems. Lotta weight for any half ton.

I've got the last generation of (imo) real good looking amurican utility trucks. 8 foot bed, standard cab, v8, but no manual unfortunately. It's a 1998 but only has 130k miles. Pic related is closest i could find, i have the same thing without a grille cover

Utility package on the base model drops it to around 22k. Add in some discounts, and i walked out for about 21k before tax and title.

2009 F150 Platinum was $50k
2009 Harley Davidson F250s were $56k F450s were $62k

Also Cadillac still had a truck.

Plenty of wealthy people live in "shitty" houses. That trailer house is probably paid for which means they have money to spend on toys.

You know who is to blame right?
Pickup trucks are the ultimate cuckmobile. Faggots buying them even though they never use them.
Middle class kids getting their daddy to buy them a pick em up truck so they can go muddin and other useless shit.

Also fatass people that need fuckhueg cars for no god damn reason. A pickup truck does not need to be any larger than a 1990 ford ranger for 90% of its applications.

Just lease a new one. You don't need a manual truck.

Singlecab base models?

If so, then damn.

Well America runs the "bigger is better" mentality and of course the big truck brands jew the shit out of these idiots anyways. I used to live in a community full of hillbilly hicks driving around their 2500s to pick up mom from the grocery store and shit. Used to work with this dumb chick who drove around an F150 all around town and then back home some 500 miles and constantly bitches about pumping gas into the truck. Just get a fucking Honda Fit then if you aren't going to do anything useful with the truck.

No, get a Ridgeline. It's literally made to be the perfect vehicle for people who massively underwork heavy duty pickups.

Yeah but then people call you a queer

I hope your address and insurance policy number has changed.

The biggest shame is no one offers an S10/ranger sized truck with no frills. No I am not paying $25k for a Taco with a stick that sits far too high. The Colorado is very close to full-size.

My dad had a 1990 S10 and loved it.
>payed $9000 in 1990($17200 today)
>4 cylinder with the 5 speed gave him 28mpg on the highway according to his records
>towed/hauled enough shit to renovate 1 house and build another. Countless tons of firewood
>sold it to my GM nut uncle who rebuilt the engine at 140k and got a few more years out it.

They're bringing back the ford ranger in 2019

I live in the Bay Area and 9/10 guys there spend a new truck's price worth of cash on STD treatment and sex toys. Lotta problems in the world user, but rednecks buying trucks is really low on that list.

Always wondered why they gave up on the Ranger. Thing sold like hotcakes on my lot. Couldn't keep em around.

Go build a pickup truck on Chevy's, Ford's, Dodge's, et fucking cetera's website. The basest of base models will be about 25k.

Stop bitching, you faggots.

A colorado might be huge compared to a old truck but it's still way smaller than a Silverado or F150. Trucks aren't going to be that small again. Time to move on. A base Colorado does everything the old S10 could while being more comfy and efficient.

The greenfags did this btw. You can't have light trucks in the US anymore because that old size/weight ratio has absurd fuel economy and emissions requirements.

Is that why all the new tacos are bigger than 90s half tons?

>Trucks aren't going to be that small again.
They sure will be. Boomer death means the DNC goes to the brown guys that like small trucks.

Naw. Fuck the chicken tax meme. Even if more small trucks were available and were way cheaper than the big trucks, the big trucks would still sell more. People will always get the biggest thing they can afford (or not) in North America, Because we can.

Yes
>incoherent rambling
>muh murica big boy
>shit-tier sarcasm
Kys numale.

>ram 1500
>I4
>F150
>I4
>Silverado
>I4

?

That design is what Ford already sells overseas, though. It has nothing to do with domestic laws.

Damn. Didn't think there would be someone else on this board from Delaware.

I drive an srt challenger that serves zero purpose other than it makes me happy. I drive an r/t Durango to haul the kids around during the week. You need to calm down little guy, maybe go outside, make some friends, try exercise. You're way to angry that others do and buy things they like to have fun.

CAFE, nothing to do with chicken tax m8. Of course the full size trucks would still sell more, but the smaller ones would sell a lot just like they used to.

what is
>Tacoma
>Frontier
>Colorado

Demand to build shitty la-z-boy furnished and fully stocked entertainment system vehicles means there are hardly any actual CAR ONLY cars made anymore.

There could probably be 15k brand new V8 production pickups. if it werent for all the useless gay shit people like you demand.

ITT:

>"I have no idea what CAFE is"

Those aren't light trucks anymore

The Ranger ran on the same design for years like the crown vics/marquis/town cars did. They were some of the best vehicles Ford has ever made along with the older F150s. I don't know what happened but Ford is afraid to make good vehicles again especially with the Ford/Volvo bastardization of their vehicles and the shitty double clutch designs on the small cars now days. I'm not exactly sure how we got to the point where the trucks are getting bigger and bigger while the cars are getting smaller and smaller. The Ranger/S10/older Tacoma/older Frontiers were some of the best all purpose utility vehicles/daily drivers you can ever get and obviously that's bad for business where they can just sell you an F150 and then a shitty Fiesta to go with it.

American full sizes start at around 27K with V6s, small trucks usually like 22-23, frontiers go down to 18K at base and they still have the ext. Cab with the jump seats. They're only super expensive if you spec em up.

>Doxing yourself
Bold strategy.

My W250 with the Cummins was 25k IIRC in 1990. That puts it right near a base model 2500 with a cummins today.

20k in 1990 is like 35k today you retards
>implying trucks got any cheaper

Trucks are being filled with more useless shit but are about the same price as they've always been. But why?

NO ONE MAN SHOULD HAVE ALL THIS AUTISM

I was thinking of buying a truck because I need to drive all over buttfuck nowhere western canada and get paid $0.50 per km traveled

If you rent a vehicle then you don't get the km bonus

youtube.com/watch?v=W-iMNnvhwg4

Wow, it's gotten fat.

But we all saw it coming.

What in the fuck is the point in a truck that isn't 4x4? This truck market is so fucked because these companies won't stop pushing luxury trucks.

>decide to buy a truck for utility/occasional offroad for hunting
>bare min requirements are v6 and 4x4, do not give a rat's ass about anything else
>prefer smaller trucks
>ridgelines, colorados are price gouged
>tacomas aren't far off
>had to settle on a 4 year old Frontier for 22k
>doesn't have electric windows or locks

I have begun to fall in love with it due to it having better torque than colorados and tacomas, but you're damn near doomed to have extended cab when you also want v6 and 4x4, and I wanted regular cab. Also couldn't find one in stick...

Why the frontier? I got my four year old 4x4 f150 mid tier trim for 22k as well

>4 year old Nissan
>22k burger bucks

O shit nigger what the FUCK are you doing

It only had 17k miles. I also live in an area with higher cost of living, so it's not a terrible deal, but it's still steep enough of a price to be sort of annoying.

I wasn't against a full sized truck, but it felt more than what I needed. The best deal I found for one of those was a 2015 Silverado with 50k miles and a bunch of doodads I didn't care about stickering for 27k.

Shit yeah mine had 95k lol

Their loss, I'll just sit and tailgate like a king with my built-in ice cooler in the bed and my AC power outlet.

>Why are pickup trucks now considered a luxury vehicle?
Because many of them literally are a luxury vehicle. I guarantee 90% of trucks on the road today are bought for the image alone, the remaining 10% are company owned work trucks and trucks actually used to haul and tow.

How is it any different than someone who buys a hellcat but never tracks it? Although I might not haul every single day the times that I do need to haul a couple thousand pounds it's really nice to have a truck. And gas mileage is so good these days that it's not even a factor anymore.

A hellcat has power

Relevance?

A Hellcat is at least designed for going fast on pavement, and a Hellcat owner can theoretically do that in his daily use.

>hellcat
>track

You meant dragstrip right?

A truck is at least designed for hauling stuff on pavement, and a truck owner can theoretically do that in his daily use.

But they don't. That's the point. A dude who buys a Hellcat and never races it can still use its power for merging and overtaking.

You're deluding yourself.

I don't think he is, user.

>It's totally different cuz like the guy in the Hellcat might need to overtake someone in traffic.
It's okay to admit that sometimes people buy things they don't need. This is America, that's okay.

Well I agree he doesn't NEED it, I drive a fucking Civic and merge just fine. I'm just saying I don't think he was deluding anything, what he said doesn't contradict anything about need imo.

Just because you can doesn't mean you *should*, and it doesn't mean people won't call you stupid for doing it.

A man who dailies a Hellcat is just as foolish as a man who dailies a King Ranch LWB F-250 without ever towing or using its bed.

It's a landline number local to the dealership. I'm sure hes moved and has a cellphone now.

This depends on where you live. in rual areas trucks are still used to haul equipment and cargo on a regular basis. furthermore, good luck driving a car into the middle of a field.