/tfg/ - Titanfall General

O KURWA Edition

>Lore, lewds & more
tfgeneral.com

>/tfg/-created Helpful Videos, Tutorials & Mods
pastebin.com/7U6BiSkn
syampuuh.github.io/mods (currently outdated)

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral

>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/445674/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' will bring it up in game for PS4; for PC, you have to join using the link, and for XBone, you need to request entry in the thread first.

>PSN Community
Search PSN community for "Titanfall General", request membership, and state you are from the thread. It helps us add you to our friends lists, and that makes stacking easier.

>News
Wargames Patch notes: forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/13044/the-war-games-patch-notes/p1?new=1
Full Wargames patch notes (including the quiet stuff): i.imgur.com/yq3ekHy.png
FNN 16: ea.com/games/titanfall/titanfall-2/news/frontier-news-network-16

>Titanfall Spinoffs/Side Projects
pastebin.com/5YngGgjd

Doomed Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cv5FNkrpBdc
youtube.com/watch?v=3yf4vmjRz0M
youtube.com/watch?v=75nhrD5ycHQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I had just posted this in the old thread, so here it is again:

I recorded a full match of myself playing (Trotski7) on ps4. I got MVP, if anyone wants to watch, feel free. This isn't a gloating kind of video, I just felt like showing it.

Most of it is r101 and archer gameplay, because I'm trying to get the r101 to gen2 (like every other gun); with lots of Northstar gameplay too.

youtube.com/watch?v=Cv5FNkrpBdc

In a 1v1 Ion has the advantage, that said a competent legion shouldn't try and shoot the Ion incessently. Never use powershot as its telegraphed AF. My advice for fighting Ions is to bait their shield and tap fire as soon as they lower it. There is a delay to putting the shield up. A good Ion vs a good Legion is always funny because of the mindgames.

Also, go around a corner, begin charging powershot and then dash out from cover to blast Ion before he reacts

Where my OiBois at?

Oi

Oi

The Riddickulous amount of neet bucks I'd throw down for a Flatline Prime skin that takes after a bullpup SCAR conversion.

see
i was literally about to say this, dont shoot the shield dont let her get in your head. Focus. Fight. Win.

>Turning the space AK into "not an AK"

personally hate the 201 and 101 cause of having to ads to hit anything, i think i have both lower than level 5 at g10 pilot.
thats an ok game though
youtube.com/watch?v=3yf4vmjRz0M shameless hitscan

Why would you ruin one of the most aesthetically pleasing guns of Titanfall?

>Prime skins not dramatically altering the overall appearance

The current Flatline is aesthetic as fuck, but I need my SCAR-H fix in Titanfall. Either as the Flatline or G2A5.

Oi

you gOIs are so stupid. posting best faction

It still doesn't make sense how the round even get picked up from the magazine. Look at it, there's no way a bolt could fit behind there.
At least it would look like a functioning gun. Though the best route would be an ots-14 Groza. A bullpup ak you can make with hand tools in your garage.

>inb4 Sarah fags

>Switch off from Oi just for some variety
>Start playing Vinson Dynamics for robot army
>Updated faction intros come out
>Ash becomes weeb queen supreme
>Switch back to Oi and never look back

What does she do?

fuck off back to RDDT

youtube.com/watch?v=75nhrD5ycHQ

Skip to 1:40

>you'll never have cfnm sec with gates

:(

>doing a backflip if you double jump

ok that would actually be kind of cool

Post times when the odds were stacked against you

Whoops meant for

That looks pretty close to the Devotion or DMR to me.

>complains about weebshit on a mongolian horse trading forum
sasuga OIfag

>Sarah fags
pretty sure it's just one autistic faggot that's shitting up the threads. Amazingly I don't think the briggs fag was in the previous thread.

I hope the Elite (or whatever) model weapons include the OG Hemlok BF-R and G2A4 Battle Rifle as reskins for the Hemlok and G2A5.

>b-buh more titanfall 1 reskins ;-;

Titanfall 1 had a much better aesthetic.

It felt grittier I hope there will be a bit more grit feeling maps soon in the future
or just more maps like war games

I wish I had gotten into TF2 a lot earlier. The more you play, the better it gets

Nothing wrong with posting on both m8. I use reddit while Im at work. I primarily use Veeky Forums. Stay mad over nothing skrub.

She does the occasional yoga pose in her intro, and when she does her "Vinson is grateful for your work" intro, she does the Chinese martial arts salute.

Get out we don't want you and your shitty gameplay in here

>Even after death as a simulacrum, Ash still practices the martial arts
>She could probably kick your head off if she wanted

I get my head kicked off by simulacrums ten times a day in multiplayer so I don't doubt it

>tfw no war games intro added to glitch
>tfw glitch/ gauntlet not given the war games aesthetic

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Airbase ended up getting redone now that we have Airbase Sierra assets in the game.

>After dying twice and losing her memory

She probably could kick your head off if she wasn't getting killed by militia grunts in titans

Post garbage

Can I get a quick rundown on how to Scorch and Northstar? What kits should I be using? They're the two titans I haven't really gotten the hang of yet.

Which titan is, in general, the most effective with the Assault Chip? I want to use mine as a glorified sentry turret in Amped Hardpoint because I'm on foot 95% of the time and keep forgetting to call it in until the evacuation phase.

Scorch. His primary fire and abilities don't require much accuracy at anything but really far away.

>Sci-fi LMG based on the SCAR HAMR

Just as good as getting a SCAR skin for the G2A5 or Flatline.

I want a wooden G2

>he want's to carry furniture
metal/plastic is the future

DELET THIS

Oh boy, my favorite titans! Gen18 Northy and Gen 17 Scorch reporting.

>Scorch
Always run extra dash to get up close and avoid damage.

For the other its your choice of longer shield or extra thermite. Shield for defense/offense or extra thermite to help with longe range.

Generally as Scorch you want to either be holding a choke point or flanking. Flanking is the much more lucrative position as you should NEVER run straight at someone as Scorch. Flank, throw canisters to block escape and throw your sheild in their face.

That said Scorch is by far the weakest titan right now.

>Northy
Run triple dash, nuke eject, or extra smoke.
Viper Thrusters or Threat Scope for other perk

Generally keep your distance and aim for crit points. Use dashes to keep mobility while charging a shot. Corner peek 24/7. Throw tether traps at your flank or in front of you. If you catch someone throw a cluster. Cluster is also used for AOE damage on groups or short area denial. With Viper thrusters you can also play a mid range harrasser with speed. Tether and Nuke eject is an often fun combo, not really viable though. Smoke + Threat Scope for memes.

Scorch with extra thermite, his tracking is ridiculous

>he doesn't want to go into battle armed only with a chair
Fag

whatever grandpa

northstar: in regular matches like attrition, your kit options are viper thrusters(probably the best for regular game modes), enhanced cluster and double tether. other kit, id go with turbo engine or extra smoke.
you wanna stay at range and peek corners. learn when and when not to use VTOL. if used right, you can use it to peak corners and dash right back to safety(in the air) right as it ends.
use cluster missle to clear pilots from a roof or inside a building; also very useful for clearing AI pods.
you can use VTOL and your core both offensively and defensively. VTOL is good for dodging things like laser core(slower turning speed for the ion) and even a salvo core. you can also use it to get ontop of high places or cross over areas.
in LTS, double tether and enhanced cluster become more viable. your role is the same, long range damage.
a good combo, really the one you wanna hit, is tether, smoke+cluster and flightcore. that will doom/destroy most titans.
otherwise just play her and youll learn. get into the habit of throwing down traps all the time; you can have i think up to 5 of them on the map. this is useful even if the titan gets caught on the other side of the map. that is time the titan has to take to destroy the trap instead of fighting you team.

>tfw you realize she has an unscoped dmr in the campaign.
Why can't I use the fun toys?

Can I join you guys? This seems fun

I've never really used double tether, how is it? I would much rather have a reduced cool down instead of shooting two at once.

i only use double tether in titan brawl(not LTS). its fine in brawl since there will always be titans around, and i trap them quite often. i would not bring it to an attrition match, viper thrusters are much better suited for that, or enhanced cluster if you prefer.

the grunts also use unscoped dmrs.

Wonder why that's the case as opposed to them fielding the G2A.

That being said, think TF should go the route with more weapons per category as opposed to one niche weapon?

>LTS Wargames
>Pick Tone because 40MM cannon firing sound makes my dick hard
>Run around with double dash and get behind enemy team
>They just let me keep shooting them in the back and don't turn around to rush me
>Enemy Frothy follower says I'm a garbage tone user and since I'm using it hes going to use it to beat me
>Get behind him and salvo core him while hes trying to punch me into the pit.
>He jumps out while his 2 ronin friends finish my titan off
>EJECT EJECT EJECT
>See him standing still on the ground trying to kill me in the air
>One salvo of cold war and he dies
>Proceeds to scream at me rest of the match

people will complain about anything if it kills them. i get called a cold war/epg/softball noob all the time

If you are saying that TF should have more weapons that do similar functions a la Call of Duty, no I think TF is fine. The more options there are the less choice there is oftentimes in games like these. For example, if you have a huge array of AR's like COD many of them will just be supbar versions of another weapon in the category, so why use it? The small size of the choices in each category makes their differences show more. Adding more weapons would just be slight variations of existing weapons that would almost inevitably be worse than existing options, so why add them at all?

what kits do you guys use for ion in LTS/brawl? normally i run tripwire/turbo engine to free up energy for laser shot and vortex shield. i have not used ion much in LTS yet, so i dont know how useful tripwire is in that game mode?
usually i use tripwire to clear pilots by placing it in high traffic areas, works fairly well.
im thinking of switching to either enhanced vortex or energy return on crits. how useful is the latter perk? do you have to land a lot of crits for it to be worthwhile?

the question is, do you like bloodborne (+old hunters)'s weapon list better, or DS2?

the objectively correct answer is that bloodborne does it better

Complaining about grenadiers just comes with the territory. People rage or make personal vendettas oftentimes when I'm using grenadiers. Whenever they rage I just invite them to use it too and see how they do.

double tether plus nuke if you want to dick someone dirty

DS2 was an ok game that did a LOT of things wrong including weapons.

Many of my favorite weapons are from DS2 but those were hidden gems among so much useless garbage. Having 18 straight swords is great until you realize most are useless.

Bloodborne had awesome weapons due to transformations but pretty much all of them were viable too, no useless chaff.

But let's not become /dsg/

Very true. I largely felt this for BF4 where I couldn't tell the difference between the SCAR SSR and the ACE DMR, the AEK and the AN-94, etc. I hardly see the justification for the R101 except for the high power optic it mounts by default. Yeah, it's nice to see your raifu, but I barely use any other guns.

Maybe just throw in a shitton of Prime weapons skins, I'd like that.

I wish they would do variations based on your choices like that pic, but I could see some weapons being really hard to implement changes like those. Things like the Alternator or Coldwar come to mind as examples.

Unfortunately there are a lot of missed opportunities with the game. Still fun though.

Or conflicting models like the Tactikill and Gun-Ready. Still be damn nice if they made more effort to change up the models besides incredibly lazy skins.

Unrelated, but the Wingman should have been break action like the Pereira.

I feel likenot giving the R-101 the classic HCOG, Holosight and Iron Sights and maybe the ability to mount a suppressor was a missed opportunity.

the guy who did did an alternator one

and also a car smg one

I just noticed he's using the Elysium 'PEQ-7' for the Tactikill mod. Cool.

>Quick pull magazine
Surely you could just push the mag release and it'd plop out instantly? I can see what they're trying to do, but it's kinda silly.
Unless the idea is quick pull from wherever the pilot stores their ammo.

sure was gay last thread

Its for pulling the new mag out of a carrier, instead of grabbing the mag and pulling it out and adjusting the grip, you can grab the loop and it makes it easier to adjust your grip and put the new mag in.

Well yeah, that's the entire idea behind Magpulls and other derivatives. Not so much to make it easier to eject the empty magazine but to pull a fresh magazine from a Pilot's mag pouch.

Granted, considering TF's obsession with the Kriss Vector highly angled mag well design, it might be actually slightly harder to eject a magazine.

These are pretty good. Only thing I would change is the "ergonomic magwell grip" because that style of grip isn't actually very good for controlling a weapon. They'd be better off with the grip on the default. And for the gunrunner one they should probably keep an angled grip or something.

I'm surprised we don't have an autistic gun designs like this

ur gay

i have evidence that you are gay

>menu_icon_IW
No way
>Checks
What the hell, it thought this was some stupid render someone made in their basement.

i don't care it's 2017. we're all gay

that's because the guy who does most of the designs seems like a /k/ kind of guy - obsessively autistic about guns.

Seriously, what the fuck happened with IW? They had Aaron Beck fucking pumping out designs but look at the god damn end product.

Like, TF at least tried to change up designs they're obviously based on. Compare the respective 'AKs' of TF2 and IW. The Flatline is obviously an AK, but it changed the overall appearance by being a bullpup, the optic mounting system, the furniture, etc. IW just took a fucking AKM with batteries and wires plastered everywhere and a weird barrel cover.

I fucking love gribly shit like from Elysium, TF, etc, but IW somehow fucked it up.

gonna be on pc playing matches for pretty much the entire rest of the day so come stac up

Why do people play Bounty Hunt? What is wrong with people's brains that they enjoy this gamemode and add it to the mixtape during stacks?

>underbarrel hitscan

These are actually pretty cool. I wish something like this was in the game.

speak for yourself my guy

explain how you aren't gay then

>only side arm is ever Mozambique
Good shit

i dont like boys you see

there are other sidearms?

but what about female(male)s?

cant say i do

huh, they added all the banners to the wiki. that's nice.

I have some questions.

1. What exactly is the volt good for after the nerf?
2. Are the threat scopes worth using? I'm considering slapping one on the spitfire because I can't stand the ironsights any more.
3. Is legion's expanded ammo or longer core duration better?
4. Do weapons level up by killing players or just earning points with them (i.e. if I kill a bunch of grunts will I level up a gun)?

then what are you doing on 4chinz??

Extra power shot is best for Legion.