santabarbara.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2005-yamaha-fz6-fazer/6343697549.html
ventura.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2005-suzuki-sv650-awesome/6364435910.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/mcy/d/yamaha-fz07/6365785770.html
orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcy/d/16-yamaha-fz07/6306455753.html
santabarbara.craigslist.org/mcy/d/honda-hornet/6316016252.html
santabarbara.craigslist.org/mcy/d/08-kawasaki-ninja-650/6317930900.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for fucking men

You may not like it but this is what the marriage of peak performance and world-class design looks like

2 stroke also. They would pull a little wheelie when they spooled up.

So back to the question.

Are Suzuki bikes any good? Especially as poverty bikes?

KLR still doesn't get the respect it deserves, but this tower was kinda neat

Honda and Yamaha will do the same thing better user.

Buy a used CG, do the basic maintenance and keep rust out for as long as you own it and you will be able to sell the thing off whenever you have to.

I'm tired of using my car for soda runs, but I also want to run from cops on the interstate. What bike should I get? Budget $3200

>offroad bike
>no mud

>takes street bike on the grass for 3 seconds
>"weee im on an adeventure!"

riding in the rain the past week helped get most of the dirt off tho

new bike coming soon, should I get custom leathers?

I want to buy a bike because they're getting cheap during winter time.

But I'm not sure how often I'll ride it and I keep getting quoted insurance at 4k a year.

>still probably gonna do it though

dairyland

I actually did look at them but I couldn't decide if they were a scam or not.

Tbh I really just want liability and theft since it's common around here.

I think I finally have enough saved to buy pic related. Are the sizing charts online pretty reliable? One of my big hangups on ordering is I'm afraid of getting the wrong size and paying a percentage "restocking fee" getting the correct one. I can't think of any places locally that would have the same jacket.

not a scam i use them

which company do you go with. 4k jesus.

I've checked progressive/geico/nationwide/esurance

All of the big ones are quoting me at that.

What kind of bike and where do you live?

State farm.

About to pull the trigger on an fz-07 and Atlanta.

>I'm looking for some good riding pants. Going to mainly be doing mainly touring and just weekend warrior type shit. Trying to avoid baggy fitting clothes any recommendations? I was looking at this one but it has no reviews.

>revzilla.com/motorcycle/triumph-urban-pants#overview_tab

Would this be the first bike you've ever owned? how long have you had your msf for, have you done any additional training? Boring people like me would tell you that getting a 700cc bike as your first bike is nigh suicidal, assuming this is your first bike, that would explain the ridiculous insurance price

see if any local shops have dianese leather, they follow a similar fit scheme between the different jackets.
What site are you buying from that they have a restocking fee?

Just passed my MSF class earlier today. I'll be going to the DMV some time tomorrow to add my endorsement.

I'm heading to the dealer next weekend to buy a new SV650 ABS, I'm excited as fuck.

Still trying to decide on gear, and filled a shopping cart with my potential setup.

Care to rate and/or make some suggestions?

I thought the DMV was closed on Monday, I showed up to get mine on Tuesday when they opened and got it in less than 10 minutes. Make sure to do the skip a step thing on their website, you won't have to fill out any paperwork.

Can get the RF1200 for $400 on amazon

Anyone know how much the MSF course is? Really not looking forward to taking it, been riding without a license.

$250 for me. It was fun, met some cool guys.

You can get kevlar jeans for around $100 or good textile pants for $150 then spend the extra money on a leather jacket, helmet and gloves are fine, buy some better shoes, even if you don't go full track boots those fake skate shoes are worthless and you can get better riding shoes for the same price.

free in PA

Depends on your state, in Illinois it's $20 to reserve a spot and you get it back if you pass.

this was for

Paying too much for the RF1200, don't need those pants at all, get actual armored pants if you're gonna spend $300.
Can get a nice waterproof set of touring boots for the price of those meme shoes too.

That is such a bullshit price

It would have been like $300 dollars if I'd taken it at a Harley dealership or something. I'm in Georgia, that's the cheapest I've seen it here.

Yeah I'm in florida and they offer it at a harley place and I'm hearing $300. Disgusting.

Just picked up a 75 Yamaha rd350 off eBay. Putting on the rear signals and and a new headlight soon. 10.5k miles. Did I do alright for a bike to get back into riding?

All the Harley places near me require you to bring your own helmet too, so factor that in. Fortunately I signed up on the DDS website and took it at a community college.

Are Buells good bikes?

but I do like it

If you hate going fast.

You're renting a motorcycle for 3 days, and taking like a 20 he course
$250 seems like a reasonable price to me.
Msf course is definitely worth it though, as someone who rode for a year before taking it, I still got a lot out of it

Which Buell
[Spoiler]no[/spoiler]

This looks very depressing

Did you ride with no license for a year ? I've been riding for 3 weeks no license. Thinking about just doing the DMV thing.

Fz07 owner here.
Its not a suicidal bike. Its very easy to ride.
Love mine

hr*

Had my permit for about a year and a half even though it expired after (6?) Months.
I ride without plates and shit all the time tho, w/e.

It's just a photo of some of my gear. Why is it depressing

That is a very fun bike.
Careful of the powerband

Oh, good lad.

That's what everyone has said and I went to a shop and sat on one and I'm in love. Just waiting for the price to drop a little more. 2017 abs is 6.2k new.
Everyone I've talked to irl and on the internet says it's a great bike for beginners especially in my situation where I will be on highways/freeways frequently so it does need some passing power.

Well ive been riding 26 years and chose it over anything else simply because it does everything well.
You wont outgrow this bike. Its a keeper

Your room looks depressing

>Can see one wall and the top of a dresser
Uhh, ok user

tf are you on about mate

That's awesome. Is it worth it for the extra grand and get a brand new one? Think that's what I'm going to go.

Seems to be the meme here lately to hate on Suzuki, I'm pretty sure it's just one user sockpuppeting though

I paid $6,990 plus fees.
After fees was $8,300 roughly.
That's up to you. Mine had 1 mile on it when i got it.

No. Suzuki has a bad rep for poor quality and is usually cheap so they are bought by cheap people who are usually scum and do stupid things that give the brand MORE of a bad name.
Plus they are generally heavier and slower than competition.

>I keep getting quoted insurance at 4k a year.
>still probably gonna do it though

Where did Uncle Suzuki touch you son

Oh believe me. I wouldn't ever touch a suzuki

If I get a Yamaha Bolt, what will:
-I think
-Other riders think
-Non riders think

>-I think
>-Other riders think
>-Non riders think
>I'm badass
>Gay
>Fag ass gay

Bolts are cool.
I would get one if i was in the market for a small cruiser.

Guess you'd at least have a few extra bucks in your back pocket to buy drinks at the local gay bar compared to an iron 883

Thats why they call the Gixxer squids huh?

you do know the scummiest squids on the planet mostly have hondas right

>$300 for riding jeans
>cheap textile jacket
>worthless boots
>fairly expensive helmet that isn't even quiet
3/10

I think someone defecated in you bread roll.

I've tried on a few Dianese jackets and the sizing between them is really consistent as far as i've seen.

Just passed the MSF today Veeky Forums.

Got all my gear already but holy fuck is it hard to find the right bike.
How long did you guys search to find one?

>know what i want
>read reviews
>buy good bike
Its thats easy

Just peruse Craigslist until you find a decent 650 twin for a good price with low-ish miles.
If you post your Craigslist or general location I can search with u :)

like 3 weeks

Thanks user, its slim pickings around here.

I'm aiming for either a CB500F or SV650 Standard. Prefer white or Honda racing red white blue to match gear and be more visible.

In Santa Barbara, CA

What's the range you're looking to spend?

Prefer under 5K

The ones that have hondas are actually good though

A friend gave me the advice to buy from private seller, and just register the bike as if I paid 200$ to only pay taxes on that. If I went to dealer, I'd have to pay taxes on actual sale price. Is this true?

it's this easy
>know what i want
>read reviews
>buy "good" bike
>ride it for a month
>realize i hate it and bought into a meme
>buy another bike
>but keep the old one, it has sentimental value
>just ride it sometimes instead of every day
>like it again
>get tired of having just two bikes, feel like there's something i want to do that would be best done with a third bike
>buy another bike
>etc

losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/mcy/d/suzuki-650/6364986440.html

losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/mcy/d/2013-cb500f/6357934359.html

santabarbara.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2005-yamaha-fz6-fazer/6343697549.html

ventura.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2005-suzuki-sv650-awesome/6364435910.html

losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/mcy/d/yamaha-fz07/6365785770.html

orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcy/d/16-yamaha-fz07/6306455753.html

santabarbara.craigslist.org/mcy/d/honda-hornet/6316016252.html

santabarbara.craigslist.org/mcy/d/08-kawasaki-ninja-650/6317930900.html

That's tax fraud and some states have adopted a system where you pay tax on the black book value if your reported price is too far below that, unless you have a written statement endorsed by the police/a dealer stating that the vehicle is worth less because it's damaged or needs repaired.

the guys who git gud have kawasakis because theyre lighter. hondas are for noobs because theyre borderline crashproof

My vote goes to the cheaper fz07, or the hornet, as they'll be the best to ride.
Up to you tho, newanon

Dear ausfags,
I'm getting my Ls. I've been looking around at places to do the twodaycoursething (mandatory now, in vic at least) and none of them give a fucking price, just have phone numbers and shit to contact them.
So, if you've gotten your Ls recently, how much did it cost? Vicroads gives fees for licenses, and I've found one place charging $500 or so for the twodaycourse, but hmm.
Also, would you reccomend bringing my own gear?
Basically walk me through the process of getting my license, spoonfeed me please.

Literally what does this even mean

Real squids ride Suzuki as the rest blow up from little wheelies.

Ooh shit, I'm fucking stupid. I didn't even think about tax fraud.. I just figured the DMV can't know how much I paid for a bike, or it could have been a gift. I got my car as a gift and valued it as 500$ [with no issues]

That's quite a bit to look at, thanks Craigslist Senpai.

I'll post in a few (hopefully less) weeks when I get a bike.

price sounds about ride, just call them up
def bring own gear unless you enjoy the smell of 700 different niggers sweat all day

Also. HA, cucktorian.

Yeah they aren't gonna pursue you for it. I did the same shit on all my bikes, say I bought them for $600-1200 when they're really 2500-3500$ bikes.

>Few weeks
Test whichever you're interested in right now, and go meet them this week to check the bike out!
Unless you don't have the money in which case find cheaper bike

Text***
Not tests

hornet, fazer, sv650

ptwins like the ninja 650 and cb500f are disgusting to ride. you'll feel like the engine is unhappy or not running properly everywhere. to say they shake a bit and feel like they're not delivering power would be an understatement. the FZ07 has a specially balanced engine that feels a little more "normal" so it's more pleasant to run, but it's not worth the money for a beginner bike you're disproportionately likely to total either right off the bat or after two years of ownership.

look at the hornet, the fz6, and the newer sv650 since it won't have carbs for you to fix.

test ride at least the sv650 and either the hornet or the fz6 to decide if you like the progressive power buildup of a revvy four or the consistent power of a tamed low displacement V twin.

keep whatever bike you buy for three years.

Oh god this post.
Underrated

Up in syd it only costs ~$100 for the two day course, and I think the price is set by the NSW govt.

Cruiser life best life