youtube.com/watch?v=AvwDNGjEp7A

>Return to Arcadia Bay:
youtube.com/watch?v=GONk9c3MLjA

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017
Episode 2 − ''?'' (TBA)
Episode 3 − ''?'' (TBA)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − (TBA)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available for pre-order on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/13090936
strawpoll.me/13090974
strawpoll.me/13186941

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
strawpoll.me/13186941/r
itsalmo.st/#beforethestorm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It just doesn't seem characteristic of Dontnod to play semantic games like that. I can't imagine Michel coming onstage, giving a wink, and saying "Ah, but you see, we said YOUNG Max, we didn't say anything about older Max"

I want their story to continue, but I've lost any hope of it actually happening in the foreseeable future.

Posted last thread but didnt know it was ending so ill ask post again.

What evidence do we have besides an interview with polygon pre-episode 5 that IF they made LiS2 it would feature a cast of new characters.
There have been almost zero post launch interviews with dontnod that ask that question and the few times fans have asked the question they ignore it.
What are the chances that between the polygon interview and up to last year they changed their minds and are attempting to write an "after the storm" story?

what are also the chances we may get some weird interactions in BtS that imply max was time traveling again?Or knowing something in hindsight could change something.
Or even a character commenting on it feels like deja vu?
What about the possibility of BtS possibly showing and confirming a canon ending to LiS1 and attempting to tie in with LiS2?

Well, it's not Dontnod saying that, it's Squenix

Max is #1

It's Friday.

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

It is! They should go on a date tonight.

What do Max and Chloe do to celebrate the 4th of July?
Or do they not because it's too conformist and David-esque?

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it

It doesn't matter if it doesn't make logical sense, the intended ending is the Bay ending. Deal with it.

Baecucks btfo

wtf I hate bae now!
Guess all the times Max promised to never leave Chloe again were fake news.

source: my ass

Family BBQ at the Price house.
David and Ryan cook some burgers and sausages on the grill, Vanessa does sides, Joyce does desserts. Max and Chloe help however they can. Chloe makes sure there's a good mix of drinks for everyone: beer for herself and the men, twisters for the moms, some nice wine for Max.
After the food, they all go up to the Lighthouse cliff and watch the fireworks going on down in the town. Max gets some really nice pictures throughout the day and night.

It doesn't matter if it isn't intended, /lisg/'s real ending of choice is the Bae ending. Deal with it.

What do Baycucks even still do here.

Have a nice weekend guys

>they all go up to the Lighthouse cliff and watch the fireworks
That is a damn good vantage point. I guess if it's too crowded the Blackwell field is another one.

Come here because they're masochists.

make room for the one true pairing

You too user.

if Nathan knew Jefferson was going to kill him...you know...what didn't he fight back or warn his dad? What about that cop that was keeping an eye on Nathan?

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Also the beach if that's where they're launching them from. Sit out on a blanket and some chairs and watch them go out over the water.
Maybe later on, Chloe and Max can meet up with Frank and Pompidou. Frank probably got his hands on some nice and big [totally not illegal] fireworks that they can launch off from the junkyard.

Jefferson did nothing wrong.

That whole thing didn't really make sense.
The voicemail says the message was received at "Nine PM", but Max and Chloe were at the Vortex Club party later than 9:30

Top left

I just killed Chloe in chapter 4.

I didn't feel a thing.

Yeah, the timeline for Nathan's call is all over the place. I've gone with saying his final call came later on once Max was already knocked out and in the Dark Room, which is why she doesn't get it until much later on.
The message Chloe got was from Nathan and maybe then Jefferson lied to Nathan and said if he did that then he would be forgiven. Jefferson then went and killed Nathan later on, which is when Nathan called Max since he knew he was done for.
That also leaves the slim possibility that since Jefferson was arrested shortly after the party, then both Victoria and Nathan are alive at the end of the game.

HAKAI

I FEEL NUMB

I finally got a reply from someone working on the game and they were just vague about it, they confirmed to me that We will play as max in the bonus episode but then followed up by saying "when there is more information on this we will let the pubic know"
Im still holding onto hope that this means something and this is vague for a reason.

That's the one part of the game that can still make me cry no matter how many replays I do. Killing her, followed by letting William walk into the light, is brutal.

I'm perfectly okay with Season 2 getting a new cast.

It probably doesn't Deck Nine said they won't do anything to confirm/deny future choices so that in all likelihood means no surprise epilogue after the storm or Max suddenly going back into the past to change things. I wish that stuff happened.

You should feel great

to same fag my post to clarify I asked someone about it being the last time we see max.
They just said we will play as max in the bonus episode and anymore info regarding max and chloe they will post it.
Proof.
Is this vague and hinting am i reading too much into it?
Its better than outright confirming no

Hope everyone has a good weekend and enjoys the upcoming holiday if you're in the US.
I know the image says New Years, but posting it cuz fireworks.

>Deluxe edition exclusive content
WAKE ME UP

c'mon it's not that expensive

>intended ending is the illogical one they came up with at the last minute rather than the one they had planned from the start

ok friendo

>tfw my best friend killed herself
scene is powerful desu, that and kate's. makes me wish I could rewind

They had Bay planned from the start. Christian Divine just wrote around it and tried to salvage the story.

don't reply

Why even reply to it? They will never be convinced otherwise so they should just be ignored.
Even with the hospital ending in place, the choice would still boil down to Chloe vs the town and still Max would choose Chloe. As she would every time.

what kind of retard would only buy the standard edition

9% of /lisg/

strawpoll.me/13186941/r

no Max would choose to save the town because Chloe told her too.

People like us who are really into the story like to think things like the storm isnt actually chaos theory and the Prescotts were the ones involved in the storm and that actually makes sense if you look at the lore and evidence we find in the game.

But i feel as if the writers fully intended for the lore not to even be there and i think the writers fully intended to have the storm represent chaos theory and its magical and actually did kill everyone.
I like to have my comfy "storm was gonna happen ether way so just save chloe and hope for the best" theory but I think the writers didnt intend for it to be that way and its just our wishful thinking.

Chloe reminds me of Roman from GTA IV.

Chloe reminds me of Fargoth from The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

>All it would take is for me to... to...
>Fuck that! No... NO way. You are my number one priority now. You are all that matters to me

>There's so many people in Arcadia Bay who should live... way more than me.
>Don't say that. I won't trade you!

Beyond this, Chloe telling her to save the town is jarringly contradictory with what she was saying ten minutes earlier when Max started blaming the storm on her changes:
>Stop it! Stop beating yourself up, okay? We've both paid our dues already on that... Who knows, this could be Rachel's revenge... our revenge.

>Fuck all of that, okay! You were given a power. You didn't ask for it. And you saved me... which had to happen. All of this did

We don't care what the fuck the writers "intended"
They made a story with tons of open ends and plotholes and so people used them to their advantage. Unless they want to go back and patch the game to be more coherent and complete, then the writer's ideas are no mores/less valid than our own.

Max would save Chloe because that's been her purpose the entire time and Max is no quitter.
Besides it's not like she could know letting Chloe die would stop the storm, it's been established time and time again why she wouldn't have any reason to reach that conclusion. Even if she somehow did, Chloe is clearly her priority and Max is not giving her up.

>like to think things like the storm isnt actually chaos theory
No, I have always recognized that the time travel logic behind bay saving the town is 'correct' by Dontnod fiat. I just think that even given that, one should still choose bae.

>replying to shockingly obvious bait
This is how #515 went down

Bait in /lisg/ is just a farcical tradition. Pricefield people post hit-and-run inflammatory comments to make other Pricefield people attack it.

The real damaging arguments only happen when unironic people show up and spend hours arguing some indefensible point.

Max's intention was to save Chloe and that's the only intention that matters.
The storm did not kill everyone or even close to majority of the town. And whoever did die was responsible for their own survival, not Max. It's still tragic but it's the truth just like it would be in any other kind of natural disaster.

itsalmo.st/#beforethestorm

>unironic people show up and spend hours arguing some indefensible point
That's called bait

How is unironic posting bait? If you are posting something with the genuine intention of arguing an earnest belief, you aren't 'trolling' or 'baiting'

Thoughts on Chloe's new VA?

Wow, it's a Rachel? On the tshirt? Why didn't I notice this before?

I mean i personally dont think its correct but i think the writers think its correct.

There is no evidence that the storm is caused by you and there is no evidence that if chloe doesnt die the storm doesnt come.

Why does the world accept william being alive for years and only starts to fuck up the world the same week in time?
Why does Kate being alive not effect the world?
Why does the storm not stop when Chloe is long dead?
So what? Fate tries time and time again to kill her but when it finally does its still not good enough and still chooses to wipe out the town?
Why would you think it would be any different to have Nathan kill her and it changes everything but if Jefferson kills her it doesnt change the storm.

I just believe the storm is going to happen ether way and these inconsistencies in the story are hints towards that and not plot holes.

Another thing.
>Rewind doesnt work on ghost doe
>Rewind works on storm

If it really was fate for chloe to die in the bathroom max would of never gotten those powers.
It was fate to save chloe and the others she cared about and to warn them about the storm.
Also i dont believe there are alt time lines, just one consistent one that gets rewritten hence why she cant move out of memories and fast-forwards back to the present.

If she'd just use her regular voice, she'd be fine. But she tries so hard to do an Ashly impression and it's awful.

>recaptcha
whoa

I thought she did pretty good so far. Some differences and her voice sounds a little heavier, but the speech patterns were definitely Chloe.

I've been reading this one pricefield fanfic and its really depressing. It starts out ok but after a while there's this five year time jump and Max has basically lost her mind and it's ruining chloe and her relationship. And her powers are now dragging chloe and others into alternate realities. It's by some weird tranny though so what do I expect.

Decent VA, Poor Chloe.

she tries too hard to impersonate ashly

Eternal Return?

I agree with all that. I'm not going to go into some rant about how the storm isn't from Max's power, but I will say she has no reason herself to think it is. I don't buy the idea of "the universe wants Chloe dead and the storm is some consequences of saving her" because as you said, Max saves others. Including herself.
The last three lines are the most important. If Chloe was meant to be dead, then she would be and there would be no way to stop it. If it was her original fate, then it was replaced with a new fate.

Sounds more like All Wounds. I read that one until the third or fourth chapter as it came out but it was clearly heading a direction I would not enjoy/agree with so I stopped reading.

This statement:
>i think the writers think its correct.
Is mutually exclusive with this statement:
>these inconsistencies in the story are hints towards that and not plot holes

???

Acceptable but I dilsike when her voice goes low and sounds like a spoiled American brat. Chloe's voice goes higher with emotions, not lower.

>i just believe

Why does writer's intention matter here? It's a story about choices. There is no canon set of events and a lot is simply left up to the player's imagination.
Though it can be argued that there are certain choices Max likely would and would not make based on what we know about her, and letting Chloe go is one of those choices she would never make.

Okay you guys got me. Huge baefag but like to pose as a baycuck just to bring out the passion and see what else you guys can come up with.
I have a project in mind regarding the final choice and doing research. It won't be a debunking video per se but just a review or defense of the people who chose Bae. Plinkett review style.
Its not necessary but i have a lot of time to waste

yeah i know that doesnt make sense but i just think any of those plot holes are just more hints,
you can hint towards one thing but still fully mean the other as a writer.

Okay. I just think people are giving way to much credit to Dontnod with the theories that plotholes and inconsistencies are hidden messages telegraphing a hermeneutics of suspicion rather than incompetence in a notoriously confusing subject.

They probably didn't mean anything significant with the Rachel, Prescott, Homeless Woman, and other plot lines but since they didn't see them through to their completion then that leaves room for speculation and doubt about what it being suggested.
It's already a mess with how inconsistently they portrayed Max's power and the events occurring, but when you leave unresolved plot lines then there's even more confusion and theories to try to absolve a beloved character of (involuntary) wrongdoing.

Oh, I agree the idea of cut content regarding the Prescotts/Blood Oath/ etc. is believable.
I was more talking about stuff like "well Max would have her knowledge of the whole week which would inevitably change things so even in bay the storm would come back" etc etc which is just Dontnod not thinking things through.

Even though I only have the grimmest expectations in a timeline with Chloe dead, I think Max would be freed of worry about another storm. Since it's hinted that the blue butterfly is what gave her the power, I see its reappearance in the Bay ending as her losing her power. Just another reason to not pick to make that timeline reality. Though if they did confirm she still did have it, then surely she would only last a few days before going back and saving Chloe again.
Best to not risk it, or to delay the inevitable, and just let Max and Chloe drive off together.

What is this referencing?

I don't know if there's some higher reference I'm missing, but it seems user is just baiting about the euthanasia choice where you can either give her the morphine or refuse

Are there any doujinshi of this game?

No, and fuck off back to

Damn it, Chloe.

>I literally didn't play the game
The whole thing is about Maxs relationship with Cloe and her obsession to make sure they're never apart and that Chloe is happy. Bae-ending is the one for people who actually understood Maxs character

Is that so, user?

Chloe is strong!

Who pre-ordered Vampyr here?

i have no interest in it

That is good to sweep Max off her feet and carry Max around!

this game is so shit isn't even worth pirating

>having to put the heart on so no one misinterprets but killing the sarcasm by doing that

Oh yea it's that one. I got far into it but it got so convoluted and sad it made my head spin so I dropped it. The problem with a lot of Bae fanfiction is that it's either too much fluff or too much supernatural angst. I like Better Then, especially the ending.

I think eventually we'll get a fan made game or something. I think DONTNOD knows that even though there's a huge demand for more Max and Chloe, there's almost no way that a sequel could live up to expectations. The prequel could be very good though considering Rachael is an interesting character, obviously multifaceted if the things characters said about her is true. And I think Chloe will somewhat full the innocent cute girl role Max played.

I won't run away no more, I promise
Even when I get bored, I promise
Even when the ship is wrecked, I promise
Tie me to the rotten deck, I promise