Secret World Legends General - Livestream Info Edition

From the dev livestream that just ended:
-Revenant weapons are coming the 5th
-Dungeons will give you 1 guaranteed extraordinary weapon drop per day, extraordianry weapons will drop more often in general in dungeons, plus dungeon reruns will give Exp
-First sprint levels will be cheaper
-Trading will be unlocked for non-patrons once they reach a certain level (15 iirc)

Plus some other changes which I forgot.

--------------------------------------------
To join the vidya chat channel, create a folder named "scripts" in your SWL folder, then create 2 textfiles named "auto_login" and "auto_teleport" , DELETE the file extension on the files and put the following text in both of them:
delay 5000
/chat join vidya
/chat join Sanctuary

(Sanctuary is the most helpful channel ever since TSW times)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DiEKJ0_K9nY
steamcommunity.com/groups/tsw-vidya
secretworldlegends.com/news/2-0-1-patch-preview/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ded general is deader than the TSW one was?
So much for reviving The Secret World.

Yup

youtube.com/watch?v=DiEKJ0_K9nY

They lost a LOT of goodwill by pushing things as far as they did so far. None of these changes make the game itself more appealing than the original TSW. So far, they just make Legends less crappy than they pushed at the start.

They're going to have to do a lot more than this if they want their Steam reviews to be anything above "Mixed." I'm not even sure it's going to be that high, to be totally honest.

Also, this Funcom ruined their own game because they couldn't manage their own finances for the past half-decade. Don't put that on us. That's all Funcom's fault.

what do you think is going to happen if Funcom goes under?

If things really are as bad as the rumours say, then they're probably going to get bought up by a bunch of shitty predators like GamersFirst and their games reduced to an utter husk, just like Fallen Earth and APB.

Dark days are coming. That's why I'm looking into other options. I might even give Wildstar or Neocron a shot out of morbid curiosity.

ESO is fun just avoid the general guild, its bretty shit

Isn't GamersFirst going under too they had a contract to save themselves from going under on APB under the terms that they release on both consoles and PS4 didn't like their shit so they cant update their games and its
D E D
E
D

The game feels piss easy now. Is it my nostalgia blinding me or did they just make everything super weak?

Wildstar is the best free to play model out there right now.

Wildstar is the best MMO

Problem is nobody realizes it :(

This game died way faster than I thought it would.
I really did try to enjoy it, but I just got bored doing the same missions over again with very little gameplay change. Maybe it would have been better if they updated the graphics to the current year.

>Those people in the comments saying they'd rather grind AEGIS and Scenarios
It ain't that bad just because le puppet man says so

You don't need a reviewer to point out the flaws. There's been an overwhelming outcry over all the inherant problems of the "new" secret world.

It has not been a good launch and Funcom is struggling as a company.

The guy runs a relatively obscure Youtube channel and just happened to make a video that nails how the vast majority of the community already felt. It's not a coincidence that packs on people on other sites are talking about how "right" this guy is. It's not because every point he makes is correct or noteworthy. It's because he captures the general level of disgust that most of us are feeling right now, even after the last stream.

Wildstar does a lot of things really well. I don't know if it's the best MMO, though. Primal matrix is shit and the game never stopped being buggy. That said, it's the best combat I've seen in an MMO basically ever, at least in terms of functionality.

>Innsmouth
>most feared track and field team in the states.
Oh god, that has to be because they teach the kids to run away from anything that looks dangerous.

Those Track 'n Field zombies also really love to run into you while you're questing.

On unrelated note, the music sound quality on Radio Free Gaia seems to be shit, is this dependant on DJ or what the joke here is?

Even with the new changes that funcom has presented the core mechanics are still the same.

>Shitty keys and lock boxes.
>RNG based gear.
>MoF require boring levels of grind and you do missions out of frustration not interest.
>Combat is simplified but it really gets tiresome after a while.
>Gear grinding that is tedious and expensive.
>Patron status still isn't worthwhile you get roughly 2000 extra marks and slightly more SP/AP but you'll still be doing absurd grinding when you hit the level 50 wall.
>After the story mission there is nothing.

>and you do missions out of frustration not interest.
didn't it used to be the case that you did that anyway for signets

desu at this point I just recommend people to do Solomon Island's story quests and stop there.

gonna give it a download now, any tips on what to do and guilds ect? i'm soloing SWL so iguess i'm cool on my own, be nice to play with folks tho.

>want to go with AR/pistols
>no class with those two
>need daily currency to unlock
>20fuckingK
Are they fucking serious?

You did them for black bullion and currency mostly, and later daily challenges.

Now you do them for RNG bags and dailies that you need to do because it's the only source of MoF.

You can get get mof from selling stuff in the AH but you can only sell 10 items per day and the economy as time goes on is going to get really unstable.

Dear fucking lord I should delete this game from my HD, I had no idea it was that bad but with this kind of shit I bet they even placed a spyware in the middle of it.

I just randomly got 25 AP, 25 SP, 4000 anima shards, 10000 marks of favour and a talisman fusion catalyst, what the fuck?

Compensation for the downtime caused by the auction house fuckup

The new combat is starting to frustrate me. General chat keeps circlejerking over it but I don't see how it's any different to the old reticle combat. Instead of spamming builders now I'm just spamming consumers, while some stupid gauges flash on the screen.

Now I kinda remember why I hated Egypt. It introduces alot of annoying enemy types and alot of annoying abilities.

you should get more fun gauges

Does the story get better? I'm only at Kingsmouth and I am already bored due to the grind.

er....

has anyone min/maxed which is the best secondary weapon? with such limited amount of slots and mechanics being annoying, there has to be one that functions better with minimal bar investment and able to ignore the gimmick as much as possible.

They're volunteer fans. Radio Free Gaia is completely unofficial. My wife was a DJ for it back in the original in 2012

I know that RFG guys and gals are volunteers, but there's this one finnish DJ and I swear the sound quality of the music she plays is abysmal.

Well she is Finnish, so.....

Reminder that sword + blood is best combo

Just pay up, goy

>want to discuss lore
>everyone is still in starting zones
;_;

Tried this, didn't like it. I'm having more fun with Shotgun/Blood

I'd give that a shot but
1.No shotgun drops
2.Getting AP is a pain

Most of his complaints don't sound so bad. Oh god, I've been playing so many shitty f2p MMOs that this shit doesn't bother me anymore.

>everyone praising funcom for making changes that shouldve been done on day 1
>game is slightly less abrasive after changes
>exploiters still running around with maxed out shit
>elite dungeons with 10 difficulty levels

WHY 10?!

I use pistol as my primary, and just filled out top active skill tree. Should I learn the other 2 trees next or should I focus on my secondary weapon now?

Did this game always have so many faggot characters or was I just not paying attention?

speaking about faggots
>make a cute asian boy
>can't bring myself to play it again because of the jewery
>getting ptsd visions of neverwinter online

I hope that with the increased dungeon loot / exp, and bigger bag space the game will feel less like it's trying to nickel and dime you.

>Updated the shotgun weapon UI
?

do you get anything out of joining a Cabal like you do in STO with fleet research tech or is it just to help organize people for doing dungeons and group content?

Cabal bank space!

Huh, so Caches can be sold to vendors for 1k anima. I guess those 1234490523426785795985634 agartha caches I have finally has some use.

So is the Council of Venice the good guy or the bad, they seem kinda like the magic UN all the way down to the they cant get shit done at all by themselves

They're the magic corrupted UN because they have been infiltrated by the Phoenicians or some such shit.

what do i take with elementalist?

Apparently now I'm too high level for story mode Polaris.
What the fuck do I do?

You can still run it, check the "Private Team" box.

It's doable solo?

It's not just them, isn't it? I thought basically everyone had their claws into the Council and was twisting them one way or another.

From what I heard, yes. Only palyed the story mode dungeons with groups of 3 so far, but in everything up to Darkness War so far you'd have to be pretty stupid to die, so I assume an overleveled solo player wouldn't have too much trouble either.

I guess you're right, but the only ones I'd really consider bad are the Phoenicians.

>All distillates.
>mfw first time I did that in TSW I got a fancy shotgun that carried me through the whole of Solomon Island.

>play for like 2 hours a day for 2 days
>get 20k

Yeah, at least they saw that they dun goofed and are fixing it. I got one talisman from dungeons so far, and it has some shit effect like " get X protection after killing an enemy"

Let me guess, it also only has one pip?

How'd you know?

Which weapons have the most fun speciality mechanics? I didn't like Sword (slot tax, need to activate ability every 5 seconds) as a primary.

>(Sanctuary is the most helpful channel ever since TSW times)

with noobmares

I'm about to do my first swl Polaris, does it really requires no special role ? Like three damage build can go through it ?

I'm still salty Blade can't tank any more.

I did it solo, on 14 level with green 1 pip weapons. Takes time, but bosses do laughable damage. Unless you are dumb enough, to stand in the electrified water, or let Ur Daug stun you more than once during one blue phase, you should do it without any casualities.

what
said.

Hell, I even brought some heals to Darkness War which turned out to be comletely useless and probably mde things slower because I just could have gone full DPS.

Okay, I guess it's so everyone can see the story parts.

>free extraordinary weapons
>free sprint upgrades

because the power and movement speed of my character in SWL are really big concerns amirite...

Linked my account with my old secret world one and that unlocked all the weapons classes for some reason.

I only played the old version up to polaris when i discovered the game was dead.

it's actually 40k since you need to buy actives and passives separately

Only until the 5th, then you'll unlock both at the same time. Plus you'll unlock the 2nd page for any weapon you already learned 1 page of.

>lost access to that shitty spam e-mail account I made my TSW account with
>can't link accounts
>have to grind all those weapon pages

>you can clearly see the strings in the beginning

i don't know what it could be, i didn't notice any problems.

This hive won't survive the night. Again.

Picked Gunslinger because of the outfit.

I hate pistols, but the shotgun seems like a pretty good secondary. What's a good primary weapon to go along with it?
I was thinking Elemental, is that a viable combo?

Just take shotgun as primary and elemental as secondary. Elemental has a chain ability as basic.

I didn't know you could do this. Now I have all the shit I had unlocked in the original. Thank you, silly account forgetting user.

so, i went through this same thing. pistol is good, but the skills annoy me, you have to channel unload/all-in, and sometimes it desyncs/lags and you can move whilst channeling, and you are never sure if it really came out. the same goes for timing unload/all-in at the end of a chamber timer, did i hit it at .1s or did i miss it? in server lag, who knows?

so i switched shotgun to primary and pistol for secondary. shotgun is really good, its slightly limited as part of the kit is meant for a tanking build, but you can take the top row and its just a simple, effective DPS. also this way i had it so i could use Unload to, unload pistol energy, whilst browsing which shells i want to reload. however the problems of being rooted whilst channeling still stands.

i looked to Ele because it has simple nukes like mjolnir, but more importantly i took the crystallized frost talent. it synergies well with shotgun's cleave, to be able to root packs so they cant melee you, and then go to work with shotgun blasts.

i think the pairing is a little funky really though. this build works well just because the skills are really good at baseline level. theres not much synergy in passives etc.

apart from the the big boss ~24% shotgun heal cooldown its a bit glass cannon (might even want the talent that removes anima shells for max DPS). luckily nothing you will fight will live long enough to shatter you.

I've been running shotgun primary + at first pistols and then assault rifle as secondary, I only got 1 skill from my 2ndary on my skillbar for whenever I run out of energy though. I really love CQC and Kneecapper with their respective passives, I always open up combat by knocking down enemies and then firing a salvo into them.

>theres not much synergy in passives etc.
There's none anywhere in Legends, m8.

The thing that disappoints me is how easy shit is now. I remember the starting island being a fucking death trap and now I just ignore the mobs I drag along while wearing full attack armor without a single piece of protection gear.

I hate that /mmog/ doesn't exist anymore.

Are we gonna open a new steam group or use the old one when the steam release is there?

>TSW solo build
>have a setup that allows me to buff myself and debuff enemies through cross-weapon synergies

>SWL solo build
>DUDE can't you see the combat is better now, TSW had so many redundant skills LMAO just spam your consumer

You remember wrong.
It was as easy back then.
The thing is, back then, you spread your points too thin and didn't synergize anything because you didn't know yet. Solomon was so fucking easy after the first time, with an alt. Even without sharing weapons with said alt.
It'd be equally hard right now if you were constantly changing weapons, abandoning your lvl 12 shotgun with a few abilities and passive for a lvl 1 pistol that has nothing because you had a change of heart.

You mean The Secret Vorld ? Or was there another, bigger group?

Btw after how easy the dungeons on Solomon Island were, the Ankh now actually killed one of the group I was running with.

>Item rewards from bosses are in chests from daily keys
What foul jewry.

I was thinking The Secret World of /v/
Didn't know the other.

Anyway I joined that one when it was practically dead already so I would like to see some new life in either of the groups.

Could you give me a link to that group?

steamcommunity.com/groups/tsw-vidya

How do you upgrade the affix of the weapon ? I upgraded mine to 20, it's blue, but is there a way to upgrade the affix beyond blue ?

Gotta fusion it with more blue weapons, trick here is that you can only get Epic (Purple) items via fusion by being level 50.

>Illuminati town trains their children to outrun anything dangerous
>Other towns use niggers as their athletes.
>Innsmouth team btfo's them
A masterful scheme worthy of the Illuminated.

Yeah, this I got, I speak of the random effect each weapon has, the pips.

Only with Aurum afaik.

secretworldlegends.com/news/2-0-1-patch-preview/
Ayyyyy.

So when should I start putting SP into my second weapon? I almost maxed out my AP on the first, so I figure I should start putting points into the second soon enough.

Do I just want to get the passives for skills that I want to use, or should I get all the stat passives for the weapon, then make the switch?