Does anyone here have pic related

It is between this one as a 1.2 and a panda from 2009, any reliability issues?

It's italian. Their main characteristic is unreliability.
Also summoning mjet to tell you how wonderful FIat is.

>any reliability issues
>seriously asking this on a Fiat

lul

Used to have one, what you want to know?

The headlights that generation of Punto had were way too cool for the rest of that car.

that's probably what they also thought and "fixed" it with the facelift.

I remember at some point they were considered breddy hot in tuning scene and swapped to all sorts of shitboxes

The source of issues has been conveniently circled with silver lining on the hood.

back then even MG thought they were too good for the Punto so they just took them and used them for their sports car

How embarrassing.
They actually made the car look more dated than the pre-facelift.
The fuck were they thinking.

true
Fiat just likes to pay monies for great designs and fuck their shit up few years later

>any reliability issues?
>fiat

Obviously the Panda, if you're dead set on Fiat at least get one of the better cars they make

>Tata Fiat Punto Evo vs Fiat Grande Punto.jpg
>Tata Fiat Punto Evo

It's the fucking third world Indian/Brazilian/middle eastern Punto.

Those headlights are way too low.

Nice rx-8

The only real problem is the electric power steering that tend to fail every 120k km.

at least get the HGT faggot

fuel consumption is 1l/18km is that right? and how is the reliability, does much stuff break? i am looking for one with around 80k kms

>1l/18km

what kind of godless measurement fuck is this shit? holy fuck.

In europe gas is sold by the liter not gallon, this way people have a better understandment on how much their money translates into distance. That said x liters per 100km is the more common measurement

You stupid fuck should've written 18 km/L instead of that buttstupid thing.
Jesus Christ Europeans are so retarded

Still idiotic.

L/100km makes the most sense. It also kinda goes well with the metric system in which for example 1m = 100cm

I was just trying to explain what I thought was the dudes reasoning, L/100km is the way, now that I think of it he was probably just trying to make it understandable for burgers and failed miserably

my friend has one, 1.2 16v. it has some kind of power steering turbo button that he never uses because it breaks the power steering. except that, i think it's pretty reliable.

I believe that "the number of kilometers traveled with one liter of fuel" is a far superior way simply because is a linear relationship, while L/100km is not. Also my Ford Focus uses L/h, which in a sense is a retarded way of measuring fuel consumption.

I would vote for the Panda. Get the 1.2 L with 60HP. They have such a low compression that they are non-interferencing! Timing belt is due at 120.000km but well you can drive until it snaps w/o fear of destroying the engine.
The 1.2L of the Punto has a higher compression ratio and therefore is interferencing.
The Panda is zinked and parts prices are very reasonable.
My aunt now drives a Panda previously owned by my family with the aforementioned 1.2L 60HP engine and the car now has 141000km.
Our family bought the car new in 2009 and since then these were the defects (maintenance excluded):
I had to replace the exhaust which cost 35€ at about 100000km. Then at about 120000km I had to replace the coupling rods at the front axle because they were worn out. I replaced them with enforced ones from Meyle (HD) which cost 30€. No rust to date although it's driven around the Blackforest and we tend to get a lot of snow and salt here.

I had one for a few years, brilliant little car, the only issue I had was the cylinder head gasket went twice in 2 years.
It's a cheap fix and not very difficult but also unlikely to go unless you're as stupid as I was as a teenager and decide to red line it everywhere.
Handling is excellent for what it is and it's somewhat safe, this little bastard saved my life.

have the 1.4 face lift
it's great desu
more agile and corner hungry than my friends corsa
more spacious than the new 500
sounds ok
RIP
nice color

She was a beaut when clean, I still miss that car, despite having ended up with and Alfa Romeo. I might buy a mk2a HGT if I can find one for a decent price.

are you the light blue 156 dude?

tfw wanted a HGT but listened to my mom who said 131 hp would kill me lmao
> Europeans

now I have the retard engine. 1.2 16 v has huge aftermarket and the HGT but not the middle one, which I chose
when this engine dies I'll look for a scrap Barchetta and swap the 1.8 in

Yep, that's me.

I'm tempted by a HGT as it can be my toy car to throw stupid turbo mods at.

You might be as well saving and looking for a 147 3.2 instead of an engine swap. Similar chassis but retarded amounts of power for the size.

> Alfa premium tax
I'll stick to the Punto since puntos have heritage in my family, for stupid turbo mods check the Grande Punto, Brasilian already take 260+ hp reliably out of these

I'm in the UK and fast Alfas are cheap as fuck (

buying is Cheap but insurance is retarded because alfa is instant sporty so plus six million in taxes

> tfw dad showed me the pics from back in the days (40s) already Fiats in the garages
doesn't help we're an Italian family lmao

I'm on the same insurance costs as my 1.9tdi Golf 3 I had before, although Alfa's are rare here. The tax is painful though at £305 p/a thanks to emissions.

All my Italian friends are either into bikes or don't care about cars and going by the taxes I can see why.

Same as the 206 Peugeot then lol

being into bikes is a cheap alternative
ye Italians are pretty much fucked

in my case living in Germany made it easier (didn't think this would actually be possible)

But you say 1(L) per 18(km), not 18km per L.