Where are the cool cars?

Why does Veeky Forums always fawn over shitboxes instead of affordable cars the everyman can own?

Re: Normies

Whats wrong with nornmies with money and goo taste vs a bunch of sperges with mommy's welfare check,

Because Veeky Forums demographics are the vast majority 16-25, with 26+ being less common and 35+ being somewhat rare. Because most millennials don't have established careers or make under 50k/yr, cars currently

>instead of affordable cars the everyman can own
>camaro.jpg
>Whats wrong with nornmies with money
Low quality bait thread.

>affordable cars the everyman can own
because they are shit.

You are shit. Faggot

>normies
>good taste

>pay 3k for a clean 90s car with cheap parts o plenty, low insurance rates, simple to work on, tons at junkyard for bodywork etc, completely paid off
>$350 a month for 6 years with 20% interest to look cool

I took my pick

I think boxy cars look way cooler and have more personality than any car made after 1995

mein Neger

I'm a manlet. Will I be able to see out the windshield?

Because in my opinion cars that look like pic related look much much better than what the everycuck drives.

Silly, that's what front view cameras are for.

>personality
That's what people say when they have a shitbox with no redeeming qualities. Something unquantifiable, so it can't be disproven.

Different strokes for different folks.

I was bored of my Trans Am, and I had my supercharged '14 GT that honestly just wasn't as fun to cruise around. It made a great daily driver but nothing really felt special about it.

Sold both and now I have my old 92 Talon I sold in 2010 back and my friends 91 Galant VR4 and I'm much happier not to mention a bunch of extra $ in my pocket and no more payment from the '14 GT a month. + I paid $110/mo just for insurance on the GT.

I actually enjoy working on these cars, they're more unique and rewarding for me.

But some people might be opposite where they prefer messing with a new car and can't stand driving something as old as they are.

So a Lancia 037 stradale is a shitbox then?

i'd still take it over a lot of modern cars

>So a Lancia 037 stradale is a shitbox then?
Looks a bit like one, yeah. Lancia, is that some Russian brand?
>i'd still take it over a lot of modern cars
That's not saying much, they still produce shitboxes to this day.

you don't really need to spend that much to have fun with cars

>he doesn't know what lancia is
>thinks he can judge other peoples taste

just lol

>I paid $110/mo just for insurance on the GT.
I pay 130usd a month for insurance on my corolla...

They don't sell Lancia in the US (the only country that matters.) It's probably just another four cylinder that euros think counts as a fast car anyway. Just because it's small enough to not get stuck in the alleyways you call roads over there doesn't mean it's anything other then a cheap small car.

simply epik

If it has a lien do you really own it?

I looked up your car and confirmed what I had already said.

Four banger
Supercharged
Still only 200hp
Top speed of 137? 1-800-come-on-now tier

Slow AND ugly with that terribly designed body (kit?)

Yeah, hate to break it to you, but almost every car manufacturer as of late has been reviving themselves with amazing car designs.

Like, look at this faggot: A Camaro SS or a Mustang GT are definitely affordable cars that are fast. But this dumb shit probably has the rose tinted mentality that older cars = better than anything else. I'm saying this as a dumbshit who exclusively jerks off to old 90's JDM cars, sometimes you have to chug down that reality pill and realize, yeah, modern cars have come a long way. The fucking Cobalt SS destroys the R34 GTR on the hurrdurr, for fucks sake.

Then you have bad tastes, lmfao. The current M cars look leaps and bounds better than that piece of shit you posted.

It's Veeky Forums they pride themselves on shit things
Most people on here have a sub-5k "dream car"

>acts high and mighty while he drives an e36
the pot shouldn't call the kettle black, my guy

It's a Dinan S3 M3 lol probably worth more than most cars here

Dinans are worth what the base car is worth, with the sole exception of that one M3 that isn't this one.
>dinan
>muh ryumz

I'm American and I know what Lancia is. But I guess that's because I'm more cultured than most *tips fedora*.

what? S3 is literally the highest tier dinan e36 m3 you can get

I think they did some generation of M3 with the M5 engine, I believe those are worth something similar to the M5, and not the M3 that is based on. Generally, if a Dinan is based on a 330, it will resell for about the same price, because german heaps are badly engineered enough as it is, don't need a ton of totally professional and legit bro mods on them.

>has been reviving themselves with amazing car designs
user you call this amazing?

It looks fucking amazing, and have you seen the feature list? It has AI that adapts to your driving style, how fucking cool is that?

FYI the S3 e36 isn't just an exhaust and re-flash package, it's supercharged

>It has AI that adapts to your driving style, how fucking cool is that?

what does this even mean? does it mean if you speed all the time it'll eventually give up yelling at you to slow down?

>it looks fucking amazing
No taste
>Ai that adapts to your driving style
What?

we all drive japanese shitboxes from the nineties

the p/o/st

kill
your
entire
self
you probably think this abomination looks good

Veeky Forums is the normiest board on 4chins.
most of the regular posters here own houses, multiple cars, some even own their own businesses.

it is almost like Veeky Forums is the place you go if you used to use Veeky Forums when you were a sperg but then you became successful.

the actual re normies people leave after a while or are so autistic that they think acting retarded for them (You)s is being good at something.

Because you have shit taste.

oh god

Because Veeky Forums is a poorfag board.

You should have bought a mustang.

My nigga. 2SS with MRC, NPP, and M6

In before some Forza meme retard says that's a kit from a cosworth or evo 190

pretty okay bait

what an obese ugly looking piece of shit your car is fucking shit

good job user

It's not cool unless it's an Aztek

>poor

No. See this post.

The last one was a bit shittier than mine and sold for $24,500
Yes, those ryumz are $3k, but what would really freak you out is the cost of the AC Schnitzer interior bits. My pedal set costs more than a lot of cars here lmao.
I get it's normally looked at as a poorfags car though lol, used to it by now.

You're thinking of the Alpina B8 and no it's not an M5 engine, it's a 540i engine.

This
There's a big bore tb and strut bars that have been since discontinued, but I got em lol.

People would rather be jealous and talk shit cause they can't afford 30k worth of muscle

>Veeky Forums is the normiest board on 4chins.
>most of the regular posters here own houses, multiple cars, some even own their own businesses.
Those things aren't mutually exclusive. Having a house or multiple cars doesn't change the kind of person you are.

That post is only half true. A significant portion of Veeky Forums is on the younger side with more affordable cars, but there are also plenty of older and/or more established posters here because of the kind of hobby cars can turn into. I do agree this isn't the "normiest" board though, not by a long-shot.

>I do agree this isn't the "normiest" board though, not by a long-shot.

Which begs the question, what is the 'normiest' board?

/b/

>riced out E36
>$25k
ahahaha
Guess mine is worth $80k by that standard

>Which begs the question, what is the 'normiest' board?

and wsg

Maybe like 6 now that you painted it lol
Looks good though

Guess the wheels make it rice eh lol.
I got genuine LTW Style 24s for it that just sit
Also refurbishing a style of Style 21s for the other E36