/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic General. Here we talk about all things Sonic! Share art and music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more.

/sthg/ #810 - Sonic & His Shitty Friends Edition

>Link CompilationSonic News<
Sonic Mania vids:
6 Minutes of Gameplay: youtu.be/uB9RP2SV8HY
Green Hill Boss : youtu.be/X1GZbQgtGLY
Chemical Plant : youtu.be/4TX2I3iUORQ
youtube.com/watch?v=52UGIIIp9WE
Pre-order Trailer: youtu.be/wvD8NZN9Zsg

Sonic Forces vids:
Sonic Forces E3 trailer:
youtu.be/dprxYd_16Ck
7 minutes of Gameplay: youtu.be/fyTzm8WgtlE
Full level Gameplay: youtu.be/6g6_rRqjlCI
Avatar Gameplay: youtu.be/TJZfptketUc

>Drawfag/Writefag Idea WallsGeneral Interest Links>

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/NetflixJP/status/880698698572759040
wereshoes.tumblr.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=a6aI--AdKls
youtube.com/watch?v=eBR9tgTM0bI
youtu.be/MTdrLC3nqhw
youtube.com/watch?v=Bl-0zsM_za4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

But I love his friends

Amy is cute! CUTE!

Previous Thread: pls no bully

>ruining your lungs when your entire life revolves around running
What a dumb hedgehog.

more like /sthg/ #810 - sonic & his shitty OP makers hahaha

I'm not too familiar with the Japanese Sonic voice cast so could someone tell me if they use the same ones for Boom?
>twitter.com/NetflixJP/status/880698698572759040
They sound the same but I'm to lazy to look up.

Who's the artist of that image?

I love all of Sonic's friends! In the games.

wereshoes.tumblr.com/

Can't Sonic get a break?

Live and Learn more like Live and Derp because the Adventure games are pieces of shit

I'm going to bully you, cunt!

He runs away from himself? Deep.

Yes. We know, Egoraptor.

There are so many versions of Sonic now I wouldn't be surprised if some of them would not get along with others.

i forgot to erase him, man Sonic really can't catch a break.

I'm really gonna miss the old styled Sonic Channel art, actually no, I already miss it damn it. The new one isn't too bad though I guess.

we all run away from ourselves sometimes

Thanks

>And if you pull it, it opens a secret compartment containing an embarassing photo of sally at that christmas party

I like to think the FF have christmas parties where they get sloshed. But like an acceptable level of "drunk" for a kids cartoon.

>Trash Friends

>Eggman is included

Can someone make a new OP? I'm getting triggered.

I love that villains picture. Such a beautiful clusterfuck. Sonic Forces would be GOTY to me if that happened.

Of course Eggman is a shitty friend. He keeps trying to kill the rodent. Good friends don't try to kill you.

Sonic Team should really bring back 2D art to promote the games instead of relegating them to the Japanese website. Nintendo's started to do this with Mario again and it clearly benefits him, so why shouldn't Sonic?

I want my pants, anons.

Can anyone explain to me why everyone likes the Chao Garden? I always thought it was kinda boring desu.

Virtual pet craze was a strong high, if I remember correctly.

Came out right when neopets was the tites

Eggman only does that cause he knows Sonic can handle it. He's the only person who doesn't sugar coat that rat and treats him as an equal.

Friends aren't suppose to spoil and baby you at every given chance.

Iizuka would probably be all for it with that explanation.

Oh god, you're from Britain, aren't you?

Typical yank can't handle the banter

Hush brit, don't you have muslims to be inviting in?

I thought he did that because he gets in the way of taking over the world? Not that it matters anymore with Forces around.

I know some people like to scream for Chao Garden and I like quite a bit of virtual pet/simulator games so I wouldn't reject it fully but is the scene even popular nowadays?

I checked Wikipedia and the most recent or popular things that I see (and these seem like its borderline) is like Pokemon, Yokai Watch, Animal Crossing(?), Neko Atsume, My Talking Tom/X, and Club Penguin

Anything else?

>mfw americans can't handle the banter

>suicide
So he asked them to please do that?

It's a meme, user, alongside people wanting Big back.

Guys.

What if

What if

What if.......

In the end of Sonic Forces, Eggman is "shelved" for a while? Like, Eggman is treated as Sonic Forces main villain in the same sense as Chaos for SA1, Solaris for '06, Dark Gaia for Unleashed, and after Sonic Forces....the main villain is now Infinite?

Pokemon was at its peak in the late 90s and early 2000s right when Yellow and Gold/Silver and later Crystal came out. Pokemon involves a lot of grinding and obsessing over stats. Same with Chao. You could spend weeks to months working on an all S Chao, especially if you were a kid who didn't have a grasp on genetics and breeding yet. Not to mention the shop was just unfair in SA2. You had to do so much level grinding just to be able to afford a single egg

>Eggman is treated as Sonic Forces main villain
Infinite will betray him and be the real main villain you already know this.

Even so, I'd imagine that there's people who actually want it because I seen a couple. But maybe they are overshadowed by the abundant of memers.

>shelving the best character in the entire franchise

Eh, it sounds cool and all but I doubt they will do that. Since classic Sonic is in this game they are probably taking it safe and won't do something drastic like that. Especially since a lot of people like Eggman.

Eggman and Infinite will work together up until the very end when OC ties them up with their grappling hook and flings them into a portal to another dimension.

I don't mean permanently, but like... for a while. I know the chances of this are imperceptibly slim, but still! You never know with this franchise. You never with Sonic. He is the living manifestation of the factor of chance! What if they really did decide to do this? Do have Eggman seemingly "gone" from the series for a few games and had Infinite as the main overarching villain in his place, before Eggman returns?

A "few games" would mean not having Eggman for almost a decade you realise that? Countless people will die prematurely before Eggman returns.

This would only be acceptable if Eggman was still in it as a playable character.

Honestly I think they should shelve him permanently. Eggman isn't really that intimidating or threatening anymore. Someone like Infinite would be good to take his mantle for a while, although introducing more recurring villains would be good too, something on a grander scale

I'd be cool with that I guess. Honestly I just really want some continuity in Sonic games so having an overarching villain sounds pretty awesome now that I think about it. I could live without Eggman being in these games if it was only for about 3 games or so.

Nah, not gonna happen. There's no real reason to keep Infinite around & Eggman's way too popular.

Are the Steam ports particularly good or should I just emulate?

Eggman should just make a highly irradiated zone and hope that Sonic gets radiation sickness.

Of what? Sonic CD is an HD gound up remake, the Genesis games are just ROMs.

SA2 is HD, but SADX requires modding to be as good as the original game. Look into BetterSADX.

I was thinking of playing CD and 3&K since I already played the Android ports of Sonic 1 and 2 and the Sonic CD port isn't on the Play Store anymore for some reason. Is Sonic CD on Steam the Taxman version or a different remake? And the version of Sonic 3&K is just a port not a remake right?

Steam version of CD is the only Taxman remake available outside of mobile. 3&K will never receive one due to legal issues regarding the music.

You never cease to surprise me /sthg/, I thought that last thread you were in exploded in autism.

You know what can I say? I reply hard.

Alright so I should get CD on Steam because it's a remake and 3&K could be emulated because it's not one. Thanks!

You actually bumped me, you know.

That's correct! You're welcome.

It was bait, wasn't it? But, there's no way you could have activated the (You)s Control using bait that's fake.

So, there's more to you than just baiting like me. What are you anyway?

What you read is what you get. Just a thread that likes autism. I'm /sthg/ the General!

>Sonic the Hedgehog General the General
>/sthg/ becomes user the Hedgehog

You two blew it.

Better to be self aware autism than full on autism with no self awareness like /utg/

I see. But you know, I can't let you bump. Your shitposting days are coming to an archive!

Thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=a6aI--AdKls

We're not letting this little exchange end with a whimper, but with a storm of replies correcting us even though it means fuck-all ultimately.

fuck I love this stupid general sometimes

DISAPPEAR

I am the only user on /sthg/ who has sonic adventure 2 as his favorite sonic game

What kinda cigarettes do you think Sonic smokes?

I read shitty friends, but I don't see no shitty friends. Let's see if I can help that.

He's a Marlboro man.

Athena 200's

Woah there anons, that smoke'll make you choke! Smoking is for dumbots. It's bad for your health, and it stains your teeth! So don't be a fool, smoking isn't cool.

Good for you, want a cookie?

Just bought Sonic CD on Steam and is there a way to disable the bilinear filtering? It makes the game look all blurry and I don't think the mobile ports had this

I have no idea, because I haven't bought it.

Nah Sonic thinks smoking is way past cool.

Yes user, it's way past the cool phase. Sonic, you're living in the past!

Sonic isn't a bitch he'd never smoke those.

Smoking can be pretty cool sometimes I guess

Is G.U.N even relevant anymore?

Not since 06.

No

Nice

>dislikes both smokers and nonsmokers
What an ass.

No you see, smokers smoke him which he obviously doesn't like, and he detests non smokers because they won't come anywhere near him.
His only friends are the other cigarettes who are willing to roll with him. Being a sentient cigarette truly is suffering.

youtube.com/watch?v=eBR9tgTM0bI

Support Proposition 421, allow us to legally kill smokers in self defense.

youtu.be/MTdrLC3nqhw
Why is this cutscene so legitimately great?

cus it don't annoy, it has good music, and it don't annoy.

>getting rid of the 32Xs that they couldn't sell

Oh god, they practically had to give the 32x port of doom just so someone would play it. It's most likely the worst doom port.
youtube.com/watch?v=Bl-0zsM_za4