More aero = more speed...

More aero = more speed, so why is it that even so called "performance" cars seem to place higher importance on looks than aerodynamic performance?

t. knows nothing about aero

Beacuse unless the car weights the same as an f1 car, you don't need massive wings and low wedge lips.
Most modern cars are areo dynamically tested to death, it's one of the reasons lots of modern cars look the same.

Most modern cars look the same because of pedestrian collision standards and regulations. General styles are influenced by how to make cars as low drag and fuel efficient as possible.

F1 cars use wings to produce downforce, not to reduce aerodynamic drag baaka. Also, no, modern cars' exteriors quite clearly don't have aerodynamics as their first priority, pic related instead had aerodynamics as a priority, see the difference?

I didnt say it was the only reason desu

That's a fair point, I sort of assumed he was talking about more downforces more better

>le pedestrian collision standards meme

aero slows a car down

most modern cars look the same because cars have always looked the same

>aero slows a car down

aero is downforce you retard

it makes drag

aerodynamic: of or having a shape which reduces the drag from air moving past.

>"performance" cars seem to place higher importance on looks
All cars place a higher importance on looks.

aero =/= aerodynamic fucktard

aero =/= downforce

sorry but when you say more aero yes yes it does

no one ever said I need more aero in terms of reducing drag but always when talking about increasing downforce

more aero = more speed is straight retarded

aero (adjective, informal):
1. aeronautical.
2. aerodynamic.

now this is autism

dont pretend to be this retarded kids

>proven wrong repeatedly
>a-a-autism!
Here's your last (You), surely nobody can be this dumb without trying to.

entry level retardation

dont know anything but claim to prove people wrong

enjoy youre safe space

this is aero you borderline potatoes

the one other not retarded person itt

>18128097
holy fucking SHIT how delusional can someone be

Let me spell it out for you:
>downforce=aerodynamics
>aerodynamics=/=downforce
Cars can be aerodynamically engineered for several different factors, ONE of which is downforce, but that is not the entire definition of aero.

maybe one day Veeky Forums will learn about cars instead of being struck by the autism and have to resort to literal definitions from a dictionary

lol arguing about shit that aint even on topic

go figure

we are talking about aero
not aerodynamics

or atleast thats what op said

>imagine being so tryhard you have to quote people wrong

pathetic

So what are we talking here?
Using shapes to create downforce and take curves faster
Or
Using shapes to reduce drag and make the car more fuel efficient?

>More aero = more speed,

implies the latter

thing is performance cars arent all about top speed and usually care about handling too so its not like theyre going to put out a teardrop with no downforce but a 0.1 drag coefficient

If you don't understand a topic you really shouldn't voice your opinions on it

Go away and read up on aerodynamics and try this thread again

When you’re referring to aero on a car you’re typically referring to downforce created by spoilers

>he doesn't know what aero means in car-related context

Please do tell me what part was incorrect in my post.

Could all the semantics faggots leave my thread and understand the context? For example, in this context it is quite fucking obvious that i'm talking about aerodynamic drag not your fucking gay ass spoilers.

I think OP meant to say aerodynamic instead of aero.

use the correct terms if you want to be understood correctly
also if you think you can estimate the actual drag of a car (minus really obvious cases) by looking at it you're retarded

Correct term in your little insider coolguys car club maybe, a google search brings up no results implying that aero when talking about cars only means downforce, anyway, the more important thing is that it doesn't fucking matter, stop derailing my goddamn thread.

>Correct term in your little insider coolguys car club maybe
maybe, but since we're inside it, use the correct term

>stop derailing my goddamn thread
actually I addressed your issue in my previous post: you're retarded

>my previous post
Since this is an anonymous image board i have no way of knowing which post you are talking about, please do try to keep this in mind when posting outside of leddit.

holly shit how can you be this stupid

Spoilers don't generate downforce, they can reduce drag or lift. Wings generate downforce

This is AERO, you fags

The GTR has the same drag coefficient
(Cd 0.26)

Which one? You don`t mean the pigfat?

Yep.
2011 model.

He ain't lying, early models were 0.27 and later ones are 0.27.

Shit this thing is 0.24

>are 0.26

Fixed that.

Have another 0.24 vehicle while I'm at it.

CAD simulation means modern cars can make massive compromises in terms of ped safety etc. and still have crazy low drag coefficients
as for performance cars, straight up top speed hasn't been a battle worth fighting in a long time so selling downforce and power is usually the better package