So how long until we see Hellcat miatos?

So how long until we see Hellcat miatos?

allpar.com/news/2017/10/hellcrate-707-hp-for-classics-38679

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5_rivah1rsg
youtu.be/VLSzOJgFJPQ
chevrolet.com/performance/crate-engines/big-block-zz-572-720-r
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It clearly states it's for classics, not gayboi miatas

I just want to see people mod the fuck out of this engine until it's producing >900hp and slamming it into crown vics.

>Hellcat engine assembly (68303089AA): $19,530
>Hellcrate Engine Kit (177072452), $2,195
>Front end accessory drive (177072492), $675
>Air filter element (177072491), $100

Not that bad for a warranted 700hp.
Still more than Miatafags are willing to spend.

>23000dollars for an engine
>Not bad
HOLY FUCK that's god damn terrible for 700hp are you fucking joking guy?

Oh boy here comes the benchracers.
No it's not bad at all.

Found the slop

LS9s are 22 000 for the engine alone, and that's for 630HP. 19 grand for a fully assembled 707HP engine is actually pretty reasonable

found the no-talent retard. get off my Veeky Forums son and take your catalog and credit card with you

Yeah, let's ruin even more classics with overpowered modern engines.

I can buy an entire car with the 700hp capable engine already inside of it for less than your stupid dodge engine costs alone.
youtube.com/watch?v=5_rivah1rsg

Let me know when they do demon crate engines

Then you can spend more than $20k building it up.

>that s2k is worth 20k
the mods alone are probably 10k+, the car itself would be ~15k, and that wouldn't include labour. Of course you can get massive power with nitrous, but you can't sell stock engines with boost anyways, and who knows what a nitro'd hellcat can do. Oh wait.
youtu.be/VLSzOJgFJPQ

Never, the demon's engine is made specifically for the Challenger chassis, it interlocks with A/C and all that, so a crate motor would have to include a shitton of extra parts

>doesn't understand what "STOCK ENGINE" means
Nigger, turbos don't cost 20grand.

$15000 car
~$6000 for a turbo kit
$1000 injectors
$1000 Fuel pumps and Hanger
$1000 Clutch
$1000 exhaust
$600+ exhaust manifold
+ labor

Congrats you have a piece of shit that will break the rear end and transmission.

>new manifold, stage 4 clutch, injectors, exhaust line and hangers, plus a full turbo kit
see
and stop benchracing when you don't know shit

Oh and it doesn't have a warranty. That's another reason the crate is a good deal.

>DAMAGE CONTROLLING THIS HARD
Nice inflated retard prices dumb fag. Like I said, you idiots need to put the catalog and credit cards down and pick up a fucking tool.

I think you need to pick a catalog up to learn it costs more than $500 to make 700hp.

Well it doesn't fit in the viper so..

>Have a trans meant to handle ~130hp
>upgrade clutch
>Tranny can now take 700 hp

Fuck didn't know it was all this easy. Good thing those driveshafts and diffs are rated for infinite power as well.

@18128445
ok, time to stop baiting now, all that's needed to be said has been said.

Back on topic, is the HEMI heavier than the LS or Coyote? I know it's narrower than the coyote, but taller

23 grand for waranteed guaranteed 700hp is pretty good
but i was under the impression a well sorted turbo ls1 could get close to that number for more like 14 grand?

>think you need to pick a catalog
Oh yeah because you know, I'm only the biggest retail magazine racer ever so I should do that......

HEMI has always been a heavy engine, and these are still iron block.

>Weight (with induction, wiring, flexplate,
and exhaust manifolds, but not accessories)
>485 lbs

That's for the old 5.7 HEMI, no supercharger.

Coyote weighed in the same way is 444 lbs.
LS with accessories is a little over 500 lbs.

Wow, so the Hellcat could easily lose 50 lbs just by switching to an aluminum block

Sidenote: Naming an entire engine series after a basic, common combustion chamber style is pretty gay. It's like if Honda called all their engines Quadvalves and dumb guys started sucking their own dicks of "that wicked Quadvalve engine". Or better yet, "double twin-valve" engine. Oh shit nihha, it's got doubl eintake and exhaust valves that's fucking specilaty! "I love my double-twinvalve engine, can't wait until Sooperdoopercomethrough Motors next release of that Double-twinvalve engine"

And the warranty?

i see what you mean but HEMI has been used so much and is such a familiar name that i couldn't begin to think of what else to call the Engine. doesn't Honda do something similar with their VTAC series engines anyway?

Have you ever heard people laugh at dumbasses that hump warranties, pay extra for extended warranties etc? Yeah, you're the guy they're laughing at.
Srsly why are you here if machinery scares you?

They make aftermarket blocks if you want to spend $4k.

I guess they use iron for strength.

Yeah, I agree on that. Chrysler didn't even invent the hemi head.

Nah, Honda does letter designation.

F-Series
B-Series
K-Series
ect, ect

Would you buy a brand new car with no warranty?
Would you buy a TV, or anything with no warranty?
>sorry sir looks like your car caught fire from a manufacturing defect after a week of ownership, I can sell you another one or you can try to fix it yourself lol.

>we're sorry to hear that your car has burned right to the ground because an o-ring failed on our injector, but here at Bosch, we are dedicated to customer satisfaction, so we will send you a refund for 1 (one) fuel injector.

>Would you buy a TV, or anything with no warranty?
All the time. I even buy new stuff with warranties and find it's MUCH EASIER to fix myself than go through bullshit processes. Plus, when you fix shit yourself, you can correct and upgrade design flaws so you don't have a problem again.

Exactly. How is one injector gonna help you then?

Case in point: I bought cheap chinese HIDs from ebay. One ballast didnt work out of the box. I emailed the seller and they said "ok take a pic and we'll help you" but by that time, i already opened the cocksucker up, located an incomplete solder junction and reflowed it. Works great. Told the nice seller than I fixed it and not to worry, he got his positive feedback and I got my AC-HID ballasts. As a measure of precaution against cheap chinese components, I stuck a heatsink on the back of each one. 2 Years later, they're still going good.

No point to do that for what an Iron block can give you.
Better that the fat boomer fucks that buy this just loose 50 pounds instead.

>one injector gonna help you
Exactly.
If the same thing fails on the warranty crate engine, you get a refund or replacement engine, and insurance pays for the car.

With a built engine, you're out an engine. And insurance might not even cover the car because your modifications "were the cause of the fire"

Not worth it to get ripped off. Might as well just buy specific insurance for the project, but i wouldn't even do that because if I fuck up it's my fault and I need tp learn from it. The money saved from insurance or a warranted article would be used for the rebuild. I just wanna do warranty-voiding things bc it's more fun.

If the Hellcat motor is iron why do't you just go the LS truck engine and turbo route for 1/5 the price?

I don't get the circle jerking over the Hellcat engine. It's impressive considering it's got a warranty but not compared to something you can build in your garage.

You're a fucking retard.

Brand new engine.
700hp with warranty.
Hellcat engine will make over 1000hp on pump gas with a larger supercharger and fuel mods.
1500hp on race gas. Engine is allegedly good to 2000hp.
Some people don't like having cheap hackjobs or crossbreeding. And let's face it there is nothing more boring than a LS swap.
No replacement for replacement. It will be less stressed than an iron LS.

Neat. Probably going to be a great swap into classic Chrysler muscle cars.

What I find really underrated is that the kit includes everything, including the throttle pedal.

some miatas are 25 years old or more now that's the general criteria for a classic

Yes, but a
>warranty
isn't something you'll find on a cheaper motor making that kind of power. For this kind of crate motor that's bretty gud

Geez. Why don't you just buy a "production" car then?

That's literally happening already. A smaller pulley and a tune will net that engine 900hp, let alone actually restroking it to a 6.4 and camming it out.

Because a production car doesn't look like a classic Mopar?

my nigga

I have an antique plate on my miata

I can throw an LQ4 in my miata, slap an ebay turbo on it and make over 1000hp for around $10k and have it done RIGHT. You can redneck it for far cheaper

I don't get it, why not just build a 2jz, and save up some money for a car to throw it into

Then you will have just another boring swapped car with no warranty and a used engine that's being maxed out.

>LQ4
>1000hp
>maxed out
>implying the hellcat engine isn't maxed out

>boring
Maybe, but throw a 13b in there with a big af tarbo and there, you have an interesting 700hp car. It will probably be cheaper and less of a shitfest than throwing an LS in a miata because the miata's transmission and drivetrain is somewhat compatible with the 13b engine.

>>implying the hellcat engine isn't maxed out

Oh, you're an idiot, g'day then.

hahaha ad-hom is not an argument

Haha, neither is stating things you pretend are facts.

They are facts, facts you can't, haven't, and won't dispute

And now comes the full shitposting, and he won't ever back up his claims despite some of them already being debunked earlier in the thread.

Last reply I'm giving you unless you want to present an actual argument and read the thread.

Labor workers all over my area have hellcats that are running crazy numbers at the strip

>new things cost money
Wowee

"I'm not arguing with you" is not an argument

>tfw you win an argument due to DNS
>but they still shit talk like benchracers

Feels good man.

>tfw you win an argument because the other guy couldn't back up his own "facts"
>but they still are having a meltdown

Not him but hemis don't max out at 700 hp. The proof is in all the people with hellcats with pulleys, tune, and exhaust pulling 800+

>s*viet ruins the thread
what else did I expect

>has literally zero talent
>buys for warranty
Wait a minute! Who's the retard, retard?

>Not using the superior in every way Mercury 7.0
>not wanting a 750hp N/A engine

this guy gets it

What is that shit going into my man?

Did you get off the JEGS catalog just to post that?

got a problem with jegs, shithead?

>turn-key 707hp crate motor with warranty
>almost a full 100 more than the god mobile McLaren F1
>23000 is terrible for that kind of power

Benchracer detected

>muh turn-key
>muh other people did it for me
You have no right to call anyone a benchracer tripfag

It's not excellent value considering this is more powerful and cheaper... And naturally aspirated.

>invalidating someone's opinion because of a tripcode

This is Veeky Forums the biggest argument on the Internet you should know better than to do this, try again.

I wish I had the money to find an early 70's Cuda with no drivetrain and restomod it.

Mmmm, Hellcat Cuda.

e85
forced induction
a few simple mods

lololol all the saltiness of ppl in this thread.

gross hp
isnt complete
costs more actually

>ebay turbo
>done right
kys

>implying that chinese pot metal turbo won't just explode

Can't wait until somebody takes one over 1100HP Inna street car, I want to see what the limit is for the engine's reliable power output

>hurr durr this stupid chinese turbo can't handle a gorillion pounds of boost!
>he says as his car doesn't even make 300+
wow user

>650 torque from supercharged 392
Pretty inefficient head design to be honest

>568 lbs

Why the fuck is this carbureted? Is there a performance reason or is it just to satisfy boomers?

Fucking displacelet

chevrolet.com/performance/crate-engines/big-block-zz-572-720-r

The latter. Carburetors are outdated in literally every field

>for $1000 dollars you can buy an ls and a turbo and have 600hp

>used is cheaper than new

>Intended for off-road use only
>Requires race fuel (110 octane minimum)
>Not intended for marine use
>Requires LSX Ignition Controller (p/n 809-19171130)
>Oil pan not included (Dust shield installed for shipment)

This
And that they're easy to install if you're throwing some random 350 into a duster and don't have the cash for an injection kit.

>user knows no idea what he's talking about: The Post

It's so easy to tell who actually works on cars from all the >LOL DO IT FOR CHEAPER posts

Imagine this engine with EFI

Sure, but LS engines have had EFI from the factory. A new production engine in 2017 should NEVER have a carb

>user isn't the one that has to throw 23000 dollars at someone for 700 SAE HP
And it feels so good

>faint “kaboom” of a 350 turd-gen Chevy with a few simple mods failing to withstand 50 pounds of boost at 7k rpm

No one except boomers we're arguing it should. Just stating one of the few reasons people use carbs still.