I'm in the market for a used hybrid. Should I get a Lexus CT 200h or a Toyota Prius? Both around model year 2011

I'm in the market for a used hybrid. Should I get a Lexus CT 200h or a Toyota Prius? Both around model year 2011.

Get a noose.

Get a lexus LC500h

this. or get a civic for 3k because you'll never break even on the purchase price with the small mpg difference.

That's a sin, user

Slightly out of my budget

I'm in the UK; things are slightly different here with petrol prices, tax breaks for low emission vehicles, etc. A hybrid is worth it for my use case.

>being this much of cuck
you should drive a car because you like it or it speaks to you on some level, not for the financial benefit. if cars are just an appliance you should gtfo and buy whatever piece of shit you want.

the ct is a tarted up prius
mechanically they're the same
get the ct

CT200h is a Prius that doesn't look like a Prius.
The guts are the same as 3gen Prius- just slightly better build quality inside and looks kinda better.
Depends what you use it for- I wouldn't mind a CT200h as a daily ass hauler with a project car on side.

Identical drivetrains, but ironically the Toyota versions (Auris hybrid, Prius etc) have softer, more comfy suspension. The CT tried to go after the "sporty" Germans.

Thanks anons

I'd prefer comfy to sporty. Is there anything I can do to modify the suspension of the Lexus?

Auris suspension might bolt on, since they're basically the same chassis.
I'd personally just get the Auris, it's a perfectly fine car, cheaper than the CT, and doesn't come with the "smug eco-fuck" image of the Prius.

Thanks user, I think I'll take your advice.

Get the CT200h

I love those things.

the ct is a really nice compact, interior is pretty amazing for the price you can get them for these days

My brother drives a CT. It’s super comfy

Always buy the more luxurious option.

You wouldn't say this if OP was comparing a Golf and an A3.

Yeah good point

I don't get why people dont realize that hybrids, while nice in theory, aren't actually practical at all. Those fucking plants where they make the big ass HV battery that's in the back of that car releases alot more toxins into the atmosphere than burning regular fossil fuels do.

Yes, when you drive them, they're much cleaner and more efficient in terms of the amount of fuel consumed during the lifespan of the car, but when you think about it, they're much harder to work on then regular vehicles, much more dangerous if something goes wrong, and there's very few technicians that are skilled enough in electrical to actually work on a hybrid vehicle, and when you think about how toxic the materials that go into that lithium ion battery are in terms of damage to the ozone are vs a normal gasoline powered Camry, you're probably better off with the Camry.

They shouldn't have tried to popularize hybrid technology until they found a cleaner, safer method of manufacturing the batteries.

wtf i hate hybrids now

Go look how those high voltage lithium ion batteries are made.

>I can get a 2011 Prius
>Post 4th generation 2016 Prius

Get the CT 200h because it has rear multilink, is more comfy and luxurious, a little better handling (it'd bey WAY better if it was a facelift model) and more optionals.

>doesn't know what build quality means
Why are you here

i hope your trolling fag.

Lithium batteries aren't toxic, they do not require recycling (in the EU anyway). The mining of the materials is not great, but that's in some 3rd world shithole, who cares? Ozone wat?

This is some damn good bait

I have a 2014 Prius and it's a pretty good car. I average about 65 mile per gallon and I find it to be comfy. Although as many have pointed out the interior does feel somewhat cheap.
If you're able to snag a good deal on the lexus I'd go with that

Meh, the whole car releases toxins to make, the battery isnt that big a deal considering it generally lasts the life of the car (200k miles/10years) and the metals can then be reused from used batteries to make new batteries. And not really significantly harder to work on, they are slightly more complicated electrically, but sooo much simpler mechanically. Transmission has no clutches, no high pressure hydraulics, no "gears", its simpler mechanically than a manual transmission (ford and toyota hybrid transmissions are anyways). My fusion hybrid has only 1 thing on the serpentine belt, the water pump, everything else is electric. All you need is a code reader and the right software, and every thing else is just plug and play to replace. It took me 30min to swap a hybrid battery in my car, and i didnt die. I had to swap the hybrid battery not since it went bad, but its wiring harness was damaged and a lower milage/newer battery was only 300$ i just swapped the whole thing instead of repairing the harness. And considering the engines run much less time and at much lower rpms, i wouldnt be surprised to find an engine in a hybrid application lasts for a longer time than a non hybrid. Yes the mpg boost is very nice, but not the main reason i got a hybrid, i like the power split cvt, and ev mode operation, and electric ac since those make for a comfy ride. Soon majority of new cars will be hybrids, it just makes sense since our current 12v systems and transmissions are dated, and hybrids fix those problems.

An uncle of mine works in some lithium mines here in Chile, it's not more contaminant than extracting salt.

Do you guys get the Ampera?

>He rates continuously variable transmissions

I average 65mpg with my hybrid

I'll give you 1 hour, AMA.

>no bully pls

>Slightly out of my budget
just haggle the dealer down to half price. it's not that hard.