What's the fucking point of windshields?

What's the fucking point of windshields?

A chick was killed yesterday when a kid threw himself off an overpass and smashed through the windshield of her crossover.

This is considered """structure""""?

Other urls found in this thread:

makezine.com/2012/01/17/transparent-aluminum/
marketwatch.com/story/futuristic-materials-metal-foam-transparent-aluminum-are-now-a-reality-2015-06-09
nj1015.com/man-who-tried-to-kill-boys-argued-with-wife-before-jumping-off-bridge/?trackback=tsmclip
abcnews.go.com/US/virginia-woman-killed-12-year-boy-jumps-off/story?id=50810502
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>metal windshields when

As a motorcycle fag, I can vouch that insects fucking hurt above 60mph. Also try sticking your head out of your window on the highway.

>What is wind deflection

Calm your autism.

heck yeah, make it out of titanium

yeah but all it takes is a little cunt with a pebble to cut your life shirt.

Windshields
WIND SHIELDS
WIND
SHIELDS

fucking autocorrect

cut your life short*

>windshield
>wind
>shield
>wind
>shield
>shield for wind
>shields the occupant from wind
>wind
LOL why it don't protec from rocks tho

>cut your life shirt
ALL OVER MY BEAUTIFUL SHIRT

noooo

Cut my life shirt into pieces
This is my last sleeveless

Go buy a bulletproof windshield if you're that much of a paranoid faggot

MY AWESOME SHIRT
MY BEAUTIFUL SHIRT

>wind shield
>not made of wind
What did they mean by this?

>This is considered """structure""""?

no it isn't you fucking mongoloid

yes it is you absolute fucking cumdumpster.

OP is the reason why all cars will be self-driving and windowless in the future.

Mind equals blowan

On modern cars it is, on older one it wasn`t.

What do you propose we change about the modern windshield?

To be fair, that looks like a pretty fucking awful, old, shitty car

Make it withstand objects going at max 120 mph for one.

Man self driving cars freak me out. Think of all the road hazards jay walkers and malfunctions. There's videos already. Though I am down for minimal driving assist to keep you in the lane for highway driving. That's available and would be excellent if I had it.

What's the point of double layering and lamenting side windows? If you think that you can kick out a front windshield then you are retarded

Up to what mass?

We already have those. They are called bulletproof windows. They are fucking expensive.

>Think of all the road hazards paul walkers and malfunctions.

fuck

to the mass of a boulder.

hopefully they find a way to laminate windshields in a way to also protects from bullets while not gaining massive thiccness.

You're fucking retarded. A rock in that picture would go through your fucking engine and still kill you if you impacted it at 120mph

No it wouldn't, explain how I survive an accidental misfire while sitting in the driver's seat of a RX-8.

Hick had an AR-15, if his armor-piercing couldn't pierce the Renesis, what makes you think a bigger boulder can?

A boulder that size would crush straight through the block, through you, and end up in the back seat. How about you don't hit boulders at high speed?

that's why there should be a radar-system to detect boulders and apply brakes accordingly.

No

Yes

nigger a radar system that powerful to detect a object approaching at 120mph will fry pedestrians when they cross at a crosswalk

>inb4 lead lined suits for pedestrians

great way to btfo /n/ fags

My car was designed to fell a moose at 55mph... So an American wouldn't so much, the average American suburban woman might kill me though.

>little cunt with a pebble to cut your life shirt.
Why are you here?
I was riding a bicycle and a dude did NOT want to fuck me!
What is the point of faggy life?

This is the first time anyone's called the renesis bulletproof.

Do you even know anything about physics? That car was probably going like 70 mph at least and the overpass couldnt of been at least a 25 foot drop

Its structural you fucking cunt.

especially on older cars. Ever had to get your windshield replaced on a 30 year old shitbox, and then everything starts squeaking, and your doors now have a huge ass gap?

This.

The windshield is the glue that holds the top and bottom together.

It IS structural.

Windshields protect the vehicle's occupants from wind and flying debris such as dust, insects, and rocks, and provide an aerodynamically formed window towards the front.

A windshield is not really designed to withstand an object like large rock at high velocity being coming at it from an almost vertical angle.

Technically true but whoa what the fuck kinda noodle shit are you guys driving??

This is why I support beating kids. Not every fucking mistake, but when they really fuck up, so they know better than to do this shit. If only the bitch was going slower so he'd hit the road and THEN gotten hit, she'd still be alive.

Anybody who drives a crossover deserves it. Trading your ability to see around you for electronic sensors is ridiculous.

It was a first gen Escape, not really known to have electric nannies.

Gay. If she was in a 2003 Civic the rock would have gone over her head.

>What is Force
>What is Mass * Acceleration

What a cringe tier bitch. So this kid survives his attempt to fuck off and kills someone else in the process. Kudos to him for being a fucking idiot and not getting help, now hes a murderer and will likely be slapped on the wrist because the feelies for the healies.Poor girl, my condolences to her family.

The kid was 12 years old, he's not getting shit. Hope he's a cripple now and can't try to end his life again though

Wait for scotty to invent

I bet it's because she drives with her face inches from the windshield like all women do.

They're called Windscreens, not Windshields amerifag.

is pic related ?
looks more like what happens when shit cunts throw rocks off overpasses

might be soon
makezine.com/2012/01/17/transparent-aluminum/
marketwatch.com/story/futuristic-materials-metal-foam-transparent-aluminum-are-now-a-reality-2015-06-09

they could do it already with cameras if they really want to tho

only as part of modern roll over standards
just one reason to make wind shields smaller
aside from moose test ofc

Doesn't look like a screen to me.

Solution: Put louvers on all the windows

Get some bullet proof glass on your dumb car then if you are so worried about it, jeeze use your brian moran

Correct, picture from OP is from the incident last week where a few white trash little faggots threw a boulder off a freeway overpass and it smashed into a father of 4 killing him instantly..

Isn't /n/ full of trains?

>inb4 OP demands a windshield that will protect him from a head-on train collision

Well, you need to see out of them still...

Anti shatter film would have kept her alive.

Windshields do have anti-shatter film in them.
It can't stop a body or a boulder incoming at 70 mph.

Just because i suck dicks doesnt mean im a cumdumpster!

It was a grown ass man that jumped.

Spincken, with his boys in his arms, jumped off the bridge just after 8 p.m. on Monday night on the southbound side at milepost 56.4 in Wanaque, just south of the Skyline Drive exit.
The three were found 100 feet below in the thickly forested area along the Wanaque River. Spincken was pronounced dead at 9 p.m.
State Police determined that the jump was intentional. He took the boys with him after an argument with his wife in which he said he was going to harm them.
DePuyt said the parents have lived in Pequannock for just over a year and police have not been called to the home before Monday.
But court records show that Spincken pleaded guilty in 2003 to violating a domestic violence restraining order. Police in Hawthorne also charged Spincken with unlawfully possessing firearms and handguns without a permit and criminal mischief. Records show Spincken was sentenced to 60 days in jail and five years of probation.
Hawthorne police on Tuesday declined to release even basic public information about the previous arrest. A spokeswoman for the Passaic County Prosecutor’s Office did not immediately return a call for comment.
More recently, Spincken was the owner/operator of Autolux, a auto detailing business. The business did not have a fixed address but was “mobile.”
The family purchased their home on Green View Drive in May for $589,000 and took out a mortgage for more than $538,000, property records show.
The home is in a quiet, leafy neighborhood of quarter-acre lots and no sidewalks. Neighbors told reporters they were shocked by the news.

Read More: NJ man who jumped off bridge with 2 boys argued with wife before fatal fall | nj1015.com/man-who-tried-to-kill-boys-argued-with-wife-before-jumping-off-bridge/?trackback=tsmclip

That's not the story he's referring to.
abcnews.go.com/US/virginia-woman-killed-12-year-boy-jumps-off/story?id=50810502

They should charge him with manslaughter, what a cunt

>radar system that powerful
>will fry pedestrians
Why? That sounds like plain old police radar.

Reactive armor. Works on fixie riders also.