Do you have any /car rituals/ Veeky Forums?

Here's some of mine
>when buying a car from the dealer if said dealer has a 14 day return policy or similar I will quite literally spend a week beating the piss out of the vehicle (hard launches rough shifts take off from every stoplight in existence etc) and see if something breaks if it does I take it back to the dealer and return it as it obviously wouldnt handle the day to day abuse a daily would take
>I will sometimes purposely park next to cars of the same model and close to the same year but really close so they can't get in their cars (especially if their body work hasn't been taken care of a whole lot)

What car rituals do you have Veeky Forums?

I pray to the almighty Sport Car God's every time I turn the key, hoping the old bitch will start.

This but hoping the dip down to 300rpm on startup wont lead to a stall.

Also hope it doesnt stall out at red lights, I inch forward to avoid this.

i always half circle the car to check for random flats. after I drove on a tire i could have saved but ruined, i do this every time.

no other flat tires yet, but have prevented myself from backing over a cat by doing this.

I always double check if my doors are locked when getting out of the car. I physically walk around the car and try opening each door. I don't want to risk people trying to steal whatever I have in my car if it's unlocked.

I have to fill my gas tank completely to the top. I'm not obsessed with maximizing range off a tank or anything - I barely let it go below 1/8. But when I fill up, I fill the fuck up

This. I hate stopping at gas stations anyways.

>Ride with friends
>Ding ding ding, need gas
>They put $10-20 in and call it good

I know they can afford a tank of gas, but I think they enjoy going to the damn station.

Regularly check my lug nuts to make sure they are on properly after I got a car and lost 4 of the on one wheel

Check my coolant levels twice a week

Had some issues this summer the whole coolant tank evaporated in 15 minutes of use.
No leak or anything, it just vanished and I saw my water temp gauge hit 0°c on the highway that's when I knew I fucked up

You shouldn't do that, it says in the manual. Bad for your tank pressure relief valve of some shit like that

They're referring to continuing to add fuel after the pump stops. Once the pump stops you're done, that's it. You can fill up safely.

>Check oil weekly
After having an engine essentially seize up I've been a bit more cautious. Not sure what happened, as the 4.3 wasn't leaking and showed no signs of a leak. Unfortunately, the pressure gauge was a complete let down and showed 40-60 for oil pressure while completely dry. No smoke, so I can only assume it dumped its contents somewhere without an obvious trace of an oil leak.

>Light inspection
I've been pulled over far more than one should due to bullshit regarding exterior lights. I don't like being harassed, especially over something as useless as license plate lights.

>Fire extinguisher mounted in all my vehicles
I probably could have saved a shitbox once if we had a fire extinguisher handy. Dumbass friend started a fire and it went straight towards his shitbox. Little did anyone know he was leaking gas. Protip; vehicles don't just explode like they do in the movies. Ever since then I've mounted fire extinguishers in my vehicles for that just in case moment.

>Window down if I get out with the key in the ignition
After borrowing my sister's trailblazer and having it lock itself after I got out I've been a bit paranoid of it happen again. Thankfully I was still at my house, but I would've been screwed otherwise. As I live in a cold climate, during the winter it's just low enough I can reach in.

>Volume down upon getting out
My van has a bumping system and there's nothing worse than being blasted by beats hungover. Not to mention, I don't play my music loud after 10pm so a 3am start shouldn't wake up the neighborhood.

>Back in to every spot
I just like being able to leave quickly.

>Test brakes before even moving
Borrowed a family members truck and quickly found out the pedal went to the floor before anything happened. Probably a good thing I wore my brown pants that day.

Yeah it ends up flooding your evap system and filling your charcoal canister with raw fuel. This may get sucked into your intake manifold and cause a rich condition, which could even kill your catalytic converter

Every time I put my truck into 1st I pump the clutch twice. Also every time I turn off I pull on my seatbelt cushion until the seatbelt is fully retracted.

hit the lock button on the wireless entry three times so it locks and honks twice

I've also got a fire extinguisher in all my rides. Two even in my daily (one in the cab, one in the toolbox). Also have a hard mounted emergency hammer/belt cutter, 6 road flares (used to have two, learned fast that, that sucks if you help someone out and leave em), spare fuses, jumper cables, tire iron and jack, jack stand and wheel chock, crowbar, 2lbs sledge, hatchet, both latex and dipped wool gloves, cable chains, emergency blanket, fire starter, storm matches, flashlights, rain poncho, hi-vis vest, tool roll with screw drivers and wrenches, tire patch kit, 12v air compressor, tire gauge, water, first aid kit and AAA Plus. And importantly I regularly take everything out and inspect it.

Probably forgetting a few things but yeah, don't want to be stranded in the PNW. Especially not in the winter so I try to keep my truck stocked for a SNAFU.

Oh and 1 gallon of gas with fuel stabilizer in it. Should probably add a quart or oil too.

I just sit down next to it and drink whiskey cause its in pieces :(

I don't talk shit about it when I'm in or near it because I'm irrationally afraid of it breaking down on me if I do.

Do a walkaround everytime I drive to work so I don't run over any of the neighbourhood cats(or mine).

I also douple pat my front left pocket where I store my keys everytime I sit down or get up, saved me from forgetting them countless times

>no heater untill coolant has reached 75°C
>sub 2500 rpm untill engine is warmed up
>blib throttle when ever I shift down
>use brakes only under 30 km/h
>pump up tires at least 1 bar over recomended pressure

Hold on bro. 1 bar OVER recommended?
That’s what. 14 ish psi over??

You meant psi right?

I always check if the headlights are on before leaving the car I used to live near a tunnel and forgot to turn them off if it was during the day a couple times leading to a dead battery, almost killed myself the first time trying to start it downhill, had to merge into a semi busy street without powersteering and brakes, only the ebrake