Is there a reason you're not drifting around an empty Tokyo in a 100k sportscar in virtual reality yet?

Is there a reason you're not drifting around an empty Tokyo in a 100k sportscar in virtual reality yet?

youtube.com/watch?v=82czAIEYCas

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RP58TXMnZUI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Im poor and all my money goes towards fixing my car instead of a ps4.

i have a real job and a real car

Not paying a monthly subscription to play a racing game.

I could buy an actual car and drift it at the local track for less.

Do you have a real Tokyo with a real closed circuit?

Honnest opinion, is it worth buying a PS4 for this game?

I've owned every GT game desu. Big fan of the series, but I'm not sure yet on splashing out for a PS4 just for this game

Yes, if you like online racing

But I am, and I didn't even have to buy GT Shit

no. and i see no point in pretending.

Why do the trees still look like patches of psoriasis on the Hulk though?

The trees are still Gran Turismo 2 level.
youtube.com/watch?v=RP58TXMnZUI

No

Wait for GT7 as this game is bare bones as of now.

Sport is just a stop-gap release with no career mode, like the other anons are starting to point out to you too.

Of course though, there's no telling when there will be another GT release, since everyone knows that Polyphony takes their sweet time.

If you don't mind waiting an expected 3 years then skip Sport.

So it's basically GT Prologue for the PS4?

Thats a shame :/

PS VR is garbage.

I am the graphics are shit though also have weeb import playstation

because I do pre delivery inspects on those and I really never want to even pretend to drive that ugly hunk of junk. Have you seen the blue interior for it?

They claim that GT Sport is going to be their platform going forward, but of course they'd say that

>spending a 100k on a Lexus
>Even in a video game

>I c-cant afford it so it's i-irrelevant!

Buy an Xbox one instead and get Forza 7

GT sport has 163 cars and 28 tracks
GT 1 had 140 cars 11 tracks.
GT 6, 1223 cars 100 tracks.

In essence out of the GT series, GT sport has second to least cars and third to last tracks. All others have more and most by a huge margin.

>Toyota Altezza
>Toyota Altezza 2.0
>Lexus IS 200
>Lexus IS 300

GT 2 basically had 5 cars.

GT 2 had 650 cars. Not to mention the obscure cars it had. Different versions of the same car made it fun in a way.

I've played it, handling seems just about spot on again which is a relief after the series went way off track with GT6, but do I want to fork out the money to sit at home stare at a screen?

>$500 odd for PS4
not too bad....
>monthly PSN subscriptions
ouch....
>old steering wheels not compatible
that's one jewing too many, especially considering the new PS4 logitech is literally identical to the old PS3 one.

Oh my GOD, that looks amazing.

Ho lee fuck.

>could
lmao what a fag

I have a ps2. Ive never played a single gt game, should I get a gt 4?

Yes, it isn't GT6 though.

There is still a single player aspect, it's just not a grindfest like the last games. It took me two weeks to complete campaign and I still have one race I got silver on I need to fix.

GT7 isn't on the horizon anytime soon according to Kaz, just GTS content.

No.

Yes.
GT4 is the best Gran Turismo ever made, the handling is almost spot on, the only gripe is that every single car has the physics for an open centre diff for some reason.... but if you can get past that it's an amazing game.

Forza games are trash

Fuck xbawks

PS4 is 300 USD or 400 for the pro
PSN plus is $5/month
I see your point with the wheels though
If you're only interested for GT, I don't think it's worth it.

>the handling is almost spot on
What?
The cars understeered like shit.

This GT3 was my favorite

I haven't played GT since GT2. Do the most recent games still have that same kind of career mode where you buy cars, parts, et cetera?

this

The level of detail in the car interior is downright spectacular.

I am poor, you fuck.

Basically the same game with different menus and newer cars included. GT3 had less cars as it was a lauch title. GT4 had almost all cars and tracks from GT2 and then some. I skipped GT5, but GT6 is great fun, although the career is completely laughable in comparison to GT4 and even to GT2.

GT5>GT6

>In Japan
>Driving a Japanese car
>steering wheel is on the left

>can afford a ps4
>can't afford a car

get off your ass and get a job then

>Playing a simcade with a controller

because it's all meaningless skids with no reward

I need a gran turismo that has an actual kind of campaign and currency system

I do have a job, but it's minimum wage and it's a 6 months contract and it's nearing its end.

Forza 7 sucks though. And that's from a fan

I hate to shatter your hopes and dreams, but PS VR is absolute shit. The resolution is so low, it's like you're playing on a slightly improved PS1.

Im already worn out with the game. Spent a few days after release to grind to SR/S to avoid the shitty Canadian/Brazilian shitheads. Found out they still treat the game as a bumper kart game evem in SR/A and S lobbies. And the daily races don't update daily. Plus, even ignoring the fact they put only a few production mainstream cars in the game, they are missing a lot of Group 4 and Group 3 cars from bigger race series like the Pereli World and IMSA. Im tired of racing against 10 other GTRs every race.

GT3 was too arcadey, you could drift so easily even with auto transmission

>enjoy my improvised tokyo drifts
he didn't play the tokyo drift song with the engrish rapping
0/10

I do,but it's in Canada for vacation, you'll probably never meet her,i mean it.

>tfw the only reason to own gt5 in 2017 is because its incredibly easy to hack

I'm saving up for a VR headset right now, trying it out at a friend's place was really fun.

It's PS3 quality, and its not that bad considering how new it is. The processing power, graphics etc will all improve very rapidly.

GT9 in 2030 should be amazing.

Thank you. Unfortunately I only have PS4 so no GT for me for the time being.

>GT9 in 2030
please, by then we will still be playing GT7 prologue and will be looking forward for the full GT7 release coming any day now

You can play GT2 on almost any Android phone for the memories at least.

>LC500
>""""""""Sports"""""""" Car

Delusional console peasants

Understeer simulator

Its the top dog of the "otherwise boring luxury car with decent amount of horsepower" market

No it's always online crap so they can pull the plug at any time they want.

>GT7
They will probably stick with Sport and release thousands of DLC sadly

Yes but driving with dualshock 2 is a pain in the ass. Try to get a compatible wheel. (new Logitech g29 doesn't work with ps2 for some reason).

yes, for the first time ever they made all the cars actually drive/feel different, and the online works as advertised.

It dosnt have the meaninglessly huge number of PS lookin ass cars the GT5/6 did, nor does it have the mods that you just click the best option on until the car is maxed out, but who cares? We're here to fuckin race.

What cars?
Front heavy understeering cars like Silvias and Skylines? Yeah they understeer.
Get a mid rear or a car with the engine behind the front wheels and see how that goes.

LC500 drivers irl are dumbfucks too

>driving girlfriend's crossover to my garage to replace one of the control arms
>going up cloverleaf ramp with an LC500 driver a quarter inch off my bumper
>so close he literally disappears from my rearview
>raining presently and the 30mph ramp is tight and slippery, if I slow down at all he'll rear end me and be at fault
>ramp is one of those retarded "combination merging lanes" that if you keep travelling along it it'll bring you back off the highway on an off ramp
>this one is particularly short, drive from one end to the other in less than 10 seconds doing 30 let alone the 60 speed limit
>full throttle merge at 50 because it's too short to merge at the speed limit, no one else on the road, clearly signalling left the entire time
>him wanting to just take the next exit to go one street over, instead of passing on the right in the now clear lane in front of him like a sensible boi racer faggot he, without signalling, slows down a bit then launches across all the way to the left shoulder then cuts back over to the offramp without signalling again
>forces me to brake to avoid hitting him, almost clips the bullnose because the space was so short, then loses it and miraculously doesn't go flying off the unguarded edge of the offramp when he spins out

Hopefully he wrecks soon cause I've been wanting a 2UR for my project Supra I just bought

>Hopefully he wrecks soon

He did.

Kek

His was like a light black colour tho

>20 year old game has more content than a modern AAA release

If they gave you a full game for the full game price they couldn't drip you dry with DLC.

This =/

>light black

not exactly. the thing has the hardware for for the same resolution as a PS3 but most games are rendered in a lower resolution with AA and post processing in order to hold stable fps. Sony has had a long time for r&d for hmd and vr, while it's decent for it's price and specs it's held back by it's own system. psvr as well as sonys more modern hmds have decent refresh rates mostly as a way to reduce nausea but PS4 would have difficulty reaching these without running the games at lower settings. nausea is the main concern of most vr devs and it's very taxing on a system to reliably reduce it without hurting gameplay.