Alfa Romeo

Why aren't Americans buying Alfa Romeos?

Other urls found in this thread:

thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-5017573/Most-reliable-car-makes-sold-UK-Japanese.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

We like manual transmissions.

The triangle grill in the front ruins it for me. Also italian cars aren't very popular in the US.

Because they are literally not known around here. At all.
And the little knowledge of them is that they break down alot

Not any more than BMW Z3.

Yes but BMW has a much larger reputation for being the middle class luxury car of choice in the US.

its because Americans have shit taste and actually think this shit looks cool

The Cayman appeals to more to the type of person who would otherwise drive a 4C, as it is more comfortable, manual, and actually daily drivable. It's also reliable too, which cannot be said for really any FCA product.

Other than that, I've never seen an Alfa dealership before, so that, along with the normie fear of unreliability contributes to low sales. Fiat 500s are fucking everywhere though, and they're close enough to Alfa I guess.

Interesting you brought this up, I saw one parked at my local Home Depot this last Saturday. Needless to say I was surprised, but I do live next to a very nice area of Texas.

you don t need to see an alfa dealership . FIAT dealer is enough .

anyway they sold 6.084 alfas in 2017 , giulia and stelvio combined . good result for a brand that just came into the US imho . i guess with a bigger SUV coming in they will sell more . also they need to prove that it s reliable

Yeah that's why 9/10 people in America can't drive manual

the 4C looks striking but its probobly the single most impractical production car you can buy in the US right now.

Those 9/10 aren't in the market for a small, light, pure-driving-pleasure car. Someone in Italy is looking at the wrong statistics. And so are you.

> USA
> relevant for European car producers
try south America and Europe

because we are retarded fucks who only care about how many cupholders it has and how nice the seat is.
knew of a guy in my town who wanted to spend money on a "fun and fancy" car, but wasn't too much of a car guy and he bought a 4C. within a month he went to the maserati dealer and traded it in for a quattroporte.

>quattroporte
Isn't Lexus LS a much better car for that purpose?

t. Just watched a Doug video

you would think, but he really had his heart set on something european.

it looks fucking stupid as hell lmao

stupid ass squinty anime triangle mouth face shit lmao

>t. angery car is best car

I never implied such a thing

I allways hear this from people who lack patrician taste

>The triangle

only brazilians like that

>being this assmad at a happy looking car
You may have the tism user

americans like BIG 'N SQUARE

I've seen four in the last week in Irvine, so Asians seem to like them. They look like melted candles.

I saw one up close a couple months ago.. it looks amazing up close. However that car is small af

They have better cars.

Because Alfa's are the only modern car so unreliable you'd actually worry about it shitting itself while driving. The Giulia is probably the only 4 door sedan that wouldn't make a good daily driver because you expect a DD to work.

I don't think that's an Alfa Romeo

>Y4 CUK
What did they mean by this?

Because we're more likely to buy American junk that'll get recalled than Italian junk that will break down if you look at it funny

Too poor to afford a 4C, and I think the Giulia is ugly and overpriced as sin.

I saw a Guilia the other day, some old granny was driving it
that's about it

am i colourblind?????

Unknown company

Where the fuck do you live? In Austin I see Gulias every other day, a few Stelvios/ 4Cs too.

>FIAT dealer is enough

No it isn't since Alfa Romeo is premium and Fiat is a generalist brand.

I'd rather see Fiat + Jeep + Chrysler dealerships and Alfa Romeo + Maserati.

AYY LE SPICY MEMERINO

They're already doing that. In a lot of cities they're putting the Alfas and the Ferraris in the same dealer.

>image with no references or sources, contradictory to common knowledge

>common knowledge

t. I believe the holocaust happened

thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-5017573/Most-reliable-car-makes-sold-UK-Japanese.html

I remember seeing a white 4C in South Austin, and a red one up north, but never a Giulia.

who the flying fuck said that looks like anything but an extremely average car?

They have bad memories from when Alfa came here in the 80's and failed horribly.

correct. OP is just another poor dumb yuropor

Yep they are piggybacking Maserati here.

>some poor schmuck buys a Ghibli/QP
>almost out of warranty
>brings it in for service for the 27th time in 3 years
>I see you are almost out of warranty!
>would you like to trade it in for the new ALFA ROMEO?!
>it has a "Ferrari" (inspired) engine and real Italian passione!
>nothing like that garbage Maserati which is a totally different car and not just another rehashed and badge engineered 300c

Yeah even people that got fooled by the Maseratis aren't going to buy that one again, FCA is going to actually have to make a decent car at some point, trying to change the badge and do the same thing they did with the Ghibli was a complete flop and the sales numbers show it. As we say in America - fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, I won't get fooled again

>As we say in America - fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, I won't get fooled again
I'm pretty sure that was The Who that said that...

Aren't these like 80 grand? I'd love to drive that with a hot girlfriend around downtown Chicago when it's 75 degrees on a Saturday. But buying one? That's a no from me, dawg

>Mitsubishi is reliable
Whatever methodology they're using, it's wrong.

>Bullshit statistics
>/pol/
My my, how unexpected

no, it was george bush

>fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, I won't get fooled again

That's a lot of money for an even less reliable Lotus.

>chevy needed a bailout and is now partially owned by the govt
>”americans like them”
We really dont. They need to die asap

U.S. and Canadian governments completely divested their GM shares by selling on open market.

I think it looks awesome but the problem is the average age of a new car buyer in the US is in their 50s. The best selling cars in the states right now are Big, Beige, and Boring, i.e. the Boomer-Mobile.

Basically no one outside of rich gen-x'ers are every going to be able to afford or want an impractical (in comparison to a freaking land-yacht SUV) sports car.

Present economics and modern day business practices have created the precariet class, everyone is always fucked all time. Even if you have a job chances are you're 50 feet underwater in debt, spending virtually all of your income just to survive, and always on the verge of being fired or having some kind of event in your life that pushes you right off the cliff only to find yourself beside those who either could never make the climb or fell off themselves.

Here's sad Porsche.

Its sad how easy it would be to make affordable cars for practically every style and function.

If we revert to laws and standards from the 80s with today's tech, it'd be a perfect car world.
But now every car NEEDS heads up display 4k HD huluflix streaming and dragondildo integration along with passenger 360 degree airbags that run up the cost.

Totally agree. I think the Hellen Lovejoy's of the car regulation world really pushed too many standards too far. I understand a lot of it, but the problem is so many of these safety features just continue to cause more practicality problems which leads to yet more mandatory features to solve the new issues.

The reason every car in the US needs a backup cam as of the 2018 model year is specifically because roll-over protection and side-impact airbags made it nearly impossible to see out of newer cars these days.

I think once the regulations get to a certain point and everyone just keeps going down the shittier economically, we'll see more kit cars where you barely have to do anything yourself just to skirt emissions and safety.

>anime triangle mouth face

I saw one today. It was in downtown san jose, poor fucker probably got dinged or stuck in traffic.
There's a giulia in my neighborhood, I don't see it often

wtf i love Alfa Romeo now

Maybe its how many cars are serviced at shops so only about 14% of Alfas manage to get that far

Because Americans prefer beta romeos because their betas

/thread

(Actual lols)

no trunk

too wide but yeah I know DUDE STANCE, BRO!

the Giulia is bigger than I had hoped (I was really hoping it was the size of a 90's 3-series BMW)

over-saturated luxury car market

Their reputation in the US is unreliable shit boxes with no redeeming qualities.

It's hard to overcome a bad reputation.

>t. country owned by the Jews

The important thing is that you believe this and could sleep well at night.

>it's hard

Unless you're a German maker who lives of marketing and corruption by creating the idea of luxury, reliability and everything else by buying reviews and opinions plus shooting ADs on every possible media 24/7.

It definitely is possible but requires millions, and if you don't have them then you're disadvantaged.

>Americans like this car!!!
>Show car with non-American license plates.

???????

B T F O
T
F
O

Because Italian cars break down while parked

don't they catch fire when idiots rev them to the redline in stop start traffic causing immense heat which results in fire?

Look at the average pay, they can't afford nice things.

What's this? Alfa?

White at the front, yellow at the rear, right?