Its winter. What kind of winter tires r gud? My summers are super hard and have no grip

Its winter. What kind of winter tires r gud? My summers are super hard and have no grip.

Do I just get blizzaks and call it good?

Get a winter beater and hotglue some gravel to the tires. Or just let the salt do its job if it's going to ruin your car.

They don't salt here, just deicer shit but thats bad for you too. I rinse my car off often, and use my shitty ass curbed stock wheels for winter.

I want to do finnish rally WRC quattro recreation with my car so no beater unless maybe subaru beater.

Blizzaks are great for shallow snow and slush.

My Winterforce tires outperformed my Blizzaks in deeper snow and acceleration, but lacked when it came to slush, cornering, and stopping.

I was actually really disappointed with my Blizzaks, but I'd buy them again over cheaper snow tires. Cheaper snow tires, in my experience, are extremely noisy.

Nokian Hakkapeliitta 9 or R2 for studless

>200 a tire

nope

You're supposed to buy your snow tires at the end of the season, user.

Sure it involves storing them for a fraction of the year, but think of the savings.

I want to buy winter tires and put them on some cheap steelies so I can change them but I have so much tred left in my all seasons. Is it really worth it? I live in downstate New York and it dosen't snow a whole lot but driving in the snow sucks with all seasons. I totaled my car when I was 17 because of ice here but granted I was driving retarded.

Also should I get studless or studable and run them without studs? I don't think I would need studs but it seems like studable are cheaper.

I just run all seasons on my shitbox for maximum driftoru power

>risking your life with shit tyres to save pennies

Why don't you just sell your car and take the buss

Firestone Winterforce. I went for these over blizzaks last time I needed snows. I think theyre much nicer (and cheaper)

Only thing is they are quite loud.

>Dont sell salt

Where the fuck do you live?

Hakka tires are overpriced. Good, but overpriced.
Nordman not really worse, but much cheaper.

I just use chains for icy days, I put them on my 8 year old summer tires. I never have issues.

I used 13 year old summer tires in snow an a motorcycle.
That worked as well...

I rode a unicycle with a 17 year old tire in a blizzard.

It worked ok...

reminder that ice will fuck up your wheels

Bang For Buck: General Altimax Arctics are still the best value snow tire.
Best Tire: Nokian Hakkalakkawhatever, but you'll pay dearly.

>snow tires
holy meme

Just drive slow in all seasons.
Also, just drive a newer car and you wont rust.
I fell for the rust meme and checked my car all over, its a 2014 focus with 110k miles on it. Zero rust, half the shit is plastic panels and the underbody already comes pre coated.

t. man who lives in connecticut

How

dont try to do handbrake turns and speed on roads with packed snow

Is it normal for winter tires to make a lot of noise? I just bought a car that has Nokians on it and it sounds like im going around with swampers on the highway.

Looks like a curb, senpai

How do you guys feel about tire rotations?

I just use my summer tires in winter

That's because snow acts like any other off road medium like sand and mud and needs to be cleaned out by lugs or cleats for the vehicle to advance forward. When there is compacted snow (pretty much ice) or any imperfect surface that requires extra traction sipes and studs are the only thing going to help.

If you have a car, I recommend the kumho solid if you just want to not get stuck driving to and from work on roads. They channel slush and water good and have plenty of sipes for traction on packed snow

Btw road noise is going to come from tires with aggressive cleats or side lugs as they awkwardly displace air and deflect easier on the road

Driving a v8 rear wheel all last winter it's worth the money for studs in the winter. A little bit of weight in the trunk helps a lot too with rwd.

Firestones are trash

they rotate at different speeds when cornering

If you actually plan on doing some kind of wintersport then definitely buy the best fucking snow tires possible.

If you want to get actually serious about it, you have to get some real nasty studs in them, there's no other way.

that wasn't the ice's fault, kid

>What kind of winter tires r gud?
You can look up the various reviews of winter tires in those various car magazines at your library. Or consumer reports which should also be at your library. Consumer Reports usually gives Nokian Hakkapeliitta the top mark but not everyone likes or wants studless tires particularly if they only drive on icy roads part of their trip.

For me, studded tires are bad because 90% of my daily road trip is on non-ice roads. I live in the high hills area where there is snow and ice, but as soon as I descend, the roads have no snow or ice. Unfortunately, that 10% of the trip may be short, but it is over hills and curves. And some of those hills have stop signs AT THE BOTTOM of the hill. So if another car is stopped there, someone can slide into you or you slide into someone else. I drive very differently and will even slow down a lot to let someone get way ahead of me just to make sure they have gone past the stop sign before I get there.

lol the curb fucked you not the ice

should have drifted moar

How are BFGoodrich all seasons for snow and ice? I was thinking about getting their Advantage T/A Sports because winters aren't too bad where live, but there is snow and ice.

>How are [...] all seasons for snow and ice?

I've never driven with winter tires and I always get by. I'd probably ditch the all seasons if I owned more than a $2k rust bucket.

>How are BFGoodrich all seasons for snow and ice?

bad

worth it

I don't even have a job I'd just be using the tires to drive to the store to buy alcohol or drift around in parking lots.