Frogshit

So I was thinking of getting a 106 1.2 but I've found a mint 205 1.2, which supposedly is the same 44kW engine. The 205 should be 100-150kg lighter but it's also smaller and 10 years older. Anyone with experience with both can tell which one is more fun to drive/less struggle to keep on road? All the forums about the non-GTI cars seem to be in french or polish.

>but it's also [...] 10 years older
This is why you should get the 106 instead of the 205.

>205 vs 106
205 every days

A friend had the Saxo which is the same as the 107, it is shit

you mean the 106

why it would be shit, it's basically the french trueno memecar.

It's barebones 90s hatchback - the car. No independent rear suspension, no airbags, no aircon, the car is 800kg or about 2/3 of an average american's weekly beef consumption. It's student's car and nothing more.

As a French guy, an advice to you.
NEVER EVER BUY A FRENCH CAR !
they are pieces of shit

What are the important things you want your car to do?

C'est toi la pièce of shit

Move me 5-6 times a week roughly 20km of b-roads, stand outside 24/7 and not rust out within a year. That's a requirement. Fun to drive, cool to look at are secondary, but also nice.

Also cheap and easy to maintain. I am a novice with the wrench but I've changed oil, sparkplugs, springs and timing belts before.

I've only heard good things about both cars, but after I've drove a 106 myself I must say that it's probably the funniest car i've ever driven.

The handling is perfect, the grip is a little random (we used to call them hang-gliders), and the gearbox is really well thought, perfect even for such a small engine.

As others have said, i'd went for the 106 since it's more recent, but ultimately it's up to you, just be warry that the 205 is more roomy, if that's a concern, and older models are still carburated, whereas the 106 is injection only (not really an issue but still).

Have fun, because with such cars, i'm sure you will.

>and the gearbox is really well thought, perfect
Except when you have to go in reverse.
I often had a hard time switching into reverse (the gear wouldn't engage if I wasn't brutal enough) and that problem is known from the MA5 gearbox.

Uh maybe, I must say I never noticed it but if you say so.

I was more speaking about how it's well staged, always giving you that nervosity that makes you feel like you're driving a go-kart.

>old french cars

RIP user

for some anons this is the only time they get hugged by something

That's a 205 tho, not a 206

Get an older cool German car from the 90s. Those non high end French cars are shit rustbuckets.
>Audi 80 Quattro
>Audi 100 Quattro
>Golf MK3 GTI
>Volkswagen Corrado

>Golf MK3
>not a rustbucket

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA
wheeze
AAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAAH

>talking shit about the GTi/Rallye

Fight me irl

>rustbuckets

Nigger if there's one thing PSA did good in the 90's, it was rust proofing

Because the engine broke or something idk exactly what

Audible kek

Funny that you mentioned it, my previous car was an E36 318ti. Loved that car but it was too big and too petrol/money hungry, on top of it being totalled by some soccermom in a van. At the moment I really just want to move myself for under 400€ and have fun while doing it.

Thanks for all the recommendations, I'll take a look at the 205 and if that doesn't work out, I'll find me some 106/saxo

Even their 00s bodywork is pretty good. You can find most Renaults and Peugots for under a grand that look mint inside and out. No guarantees that it will run though.

>Golf MK3 GTI
>Volkswagen Corrado
>not rustbuckets

VAG left all the actual rustproofing for Audi.

Both okay cars, they don't do a 1.2 in either of them. If you plan on actually wanting to have fun don't get the 1.1 get the 1.4.
If you're new to driving and you plan on crashing fuck out of it, parts for the 205 will cost more along with being harder to come by.
Tbh they are practically the same cars, also 5 doors are cancer.

After reading this just get a 106 quicksilver.