DadAnon needs "new" DD

I drive ~ 80 km (40 km to job and 40 km to home) per day.

I need a "new" DD. My Ford Focus MK1 Wagon is dieing.

Should i go for a Hybrid, LPG or Benzin?

I have about 6000 € to spend

Thinking about a Ford Mondeo with LPG or a Hybrid Japanese car.

I mostly drive highway / rural country roads.

I need at least 150 HP and the car should be built 2002 or newer.

Sedan / Wagon / "SUV"

Im 53 years old and father of 2 already adult kids. I can drive stick.

I already looked at

Honda Accord Wagon
Ford Mondeo MK3 Wagon

Do any of you guys drive one of these?

I am open to suggestions.

Other urls found in this thread:

autocasion.com/coches-segunda-mano/seat-leon-ocasion/leon-2-0tdi-open-ref1640415
youtu.be/osjXaBVUZkM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why 2002 or newer? Get pic related. Pretty good milage, lots of space, fun to drive, literally unbreakable, and on the rare chance it does break, cheap as hell to fix. My 240dl has 400k on the clock with nary an engine rebuild in sight. I still DD her and she runs like a champ.

Benzin. Accept no substitutes

You should acquire the compact hatchback with a name Civic of the manufacturer named Honda for the three thousand units of the European standardized currency.

This, great-grandkids will be sad when it dies though

Yeah, but then they can just LS swap it cause the conversion kit is cheap and easy to install.

Whatever you buy, make sure it's LPG

These desu. I would get the volvo because look at those asthetics.

I wouldn't get a hybrid. The batteries can die and those are expensive.

So fucking ugly.

I have driven old cars enough already. Why should i do this again if i can get something newer for my money?

I owned an Opel Rekord D, an Opel Kadett D and an Opel Vectra B.

Im done with this old cars.

Honda Civic is small and has no power.
I need an adult-car and not a 20-something shitbox.

E60 525d

I only have about 6000 €

That's why I'm recommending it. You can get one in good condition for less than 6k easily

And NO Diesel.

Only LPG, Benzin or Hybrid

E39 535i with LPG then
Doesn't matter if it's older than 2002, it's still a better car than 90% of brand new ones

I dont want a BMW/Benz/Audi "upper middleclass" meme car. Parts are expansiv and is full of electronics that could fail.

Only german brand i could afford is VW. The newer Opels are shit

E39 535i in good shape AND LPG for only 6000 € ? Sure, in your world maybe.

LS430 then

You probably like the way the new Priuses look, too.

Get lost boy.

Wtf, they cost k max in Eastern Europe.
Are you in Brazil?

What, why? Do you hate yourself? Why don't you want a nice car?
Go get a VW Golf. Happy now?

Sure a rusty fucked up slavic 5 Series, owned by several diffrent people with a broken AC and over 200 000 kms.

Thats such a good DD.... you serious?

I need a reliable Daily Driver and not a money burning machine.

Im a over 50 years old family dad and not a 20-something dude, who needs to impress his bitches at a club.

Dead serious. Ones like you've described are 2-3k. 4k gets you a really nice one. Sure the mileage will probably be more than 200000km, but why does it matter? The engines are solid af.
Alright, whatever. Buy your 1.2 cuckmobile if you want. I'm just trying to recommend some good, comfy rides that are suitable for an aging person who drives 80km every day. Good luck with your new Fiat Seicento mate

>Sure the mileage will probably be more than 200000km, but why does it matter? The engines are solid af.

No engine last for ever and you never know how the previous owners take care of the car / how they drove it. And no matter what, BMW parts are expansiv.

>No engine last for ever and you never know how the previous owners take care of the car / how they drove it.
Your point being? 6000€ won't get you a brand new car, you know that right?

I looking at VW Passats, Ford Mondeos or even Honda Accords. All with 2.0 or larger engine.

What is so hard to understand for you? A BMW 5 series is expansiv in insurance, maintenance, fuel economy, taxes and parts.

Its all bad for a DD.

Also its RWD which is shit in winter

I know but i want a car that i can keep longer than just about 2 years. Thats why like i said i am looking at cars from 2002 or newer.

How fucking poor are you? Jesus. If money is that much of a problem, why do you claim to have a budget of 6000€?
And being scared of RWD is just pathetic.
Are you incapable of maintaining a car? A well kept BMW will last much, much longer than a shitbox Ford Mondeo

>ITT: Angry old fart with a chip on his shoulder wants a cuckbox but gets angry when people suggest cuckboxes

You have 6k euros. You're not in a position to be demanding a new, comfortable car with a big engine. Either accept the fact that with your budget you might need to bite the bullet and drive a shitbox for a while, or fuck off.

I could go full retard and just lease a new Benz CLE or BMW X6 but that would be fucking stupid and i would be burning my earned money!

I have other free time activities were I spend my money. And blowing it all out for just a car is retarded.

Go ask your own dad or other "older" people if you dont believe me. Ever heard about Stealth wealth?

You can the drive the car what you want but while you drive around with your BMW 5 Series and still live in your parents house other the same age as yours a building/buying there own house.

Who is richer for you, the single guy with his leased BMW 5 series or the married guy with 2 kids, who is financing house?

Shut your mouth. I could spend more money but that would be against my concept of having a cheap dd for only driving to work.

A well kept BMW cost more than a well kept Ford

150HP is a lot to ask for in Europe.
You should also take note that 150 horses doesnt mean anything if the car is very very heavy.

autocasion.com/coches-segunda-mano/seat-leon-ocasion/leon-2-0tdi-open-ref1640415

This is all I could think of, but you wont find a car this sporty without a high odometer reading.

The BMW, because he doesn't have to cow-toe to other people's whims and his time is his own.

You're right about the house though. Real-estate is a commodity which typically appreciates ahead of inflation, so buying a house, even a small one, is always a better option than a car.

But you can't drive the house.

>coping this hard
You're a fucking failure. You're 50 years old and can't keep an E39 on the road? Bruh. You're not stealth wealth, you're piss poor.
Imagine still being forced to drive 4-cyl shitboxes with rattly plastic interiors and horrible suspensions at 50 years old. Holy shit, I'd probably just kill myself if I got into that kind of position.

You obviously don't care about quality of life, so why not take the bus? Just think of all the money you will have saved by the time you're in your death bed and it doesn't fucking matter!

Learn how to drive, you fucking child, and get a proper RWD car. Not being able to drive in the snow makes you a woman.

DELETE THIS POST

Dude, youre sperging out about the E39 because of your own prejudices. And claiming that you dont know how the owner kept it is true, but you can only get a secondhand car for that kind of money. And also, what do you care what the owner claims? Read the sticky about buying used cars, check the car that you want to buy in the way described in the sticky, and if it's in a good condition, then fucking buy it! Simple as that.

Guys, he is just an average Boomer.
Why are you all so rude to him? He could be your dad or uncle.

DadAnon:

here are some cars i recommend for you

-Ford Focus MK2
-Ford Mondeo MK4
-Honda Accord

dont buy a Hybrid! they are not that much fuel efficient and only cucks drive one.

a car with a LPG gas system COULD be cheaper than a normal car BUT you have to consider that you have to pay for installation of the gas system also and you realy NEED to drive A LOT so it pays off.

i say, just buy a Honda Accord or a Ford Mondeo MK4. they are good cars, cheap to fix and will last. a Ford Taurus is also a good car, but i dont know if you got them in Europe.

also I can understand your point, my dad is like this too.

he still drives a second generation dodge ram. he COULD buy a newer car but instead he throws his money at other things. is his money after all.

dear DadAnon, at the end its your choice.

also THIS

Buy a Ranger, cut the springs in half and winter it in summer tires, pussy.
You owe it to yourself.

this thread is fucking hilarious

just buy a Ford Mondeo or Honda Accord

friend of mine got 2009 diesel e class wagon for 6500 with 70kmiles

but its so B O X X X Y

probs can be had for 6000 too, if not at least c class aint bad car from that age personally like more than e class

leave us alone

Get the FUCK off of my board you degenerate.

good luck papanon

FOCUS ST bby. 250bhp, FWD, seats 4+ hatchback and a ton of fun, not too pricey either.

kill yourself.

youtu.be/osjXaBVUZkM