/ovg/ - Understeer edition

Previous Thread: →

Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. FUCKING READ IT FOR FUCKS SAKES unless you're a dumb American in which case you're not gonna read it, instead you're gonna go on Mumble and ask questions that are already answered there and everyone's gonna think you're a fucking moron:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64783

Discord link:
>discord.gg/hXmJrJr

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QxFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing GT Sport, ARCA and AC on Weekends! Check out our Google doc for more info.
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=536213780

Reminder to write down your name if you're interested in doing the P1 Nurburgring 24h race with an /ovg/ team
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=309025231

There are a couple of free spots in the /ovg/ iGP league. New season starts on Friday.
>igpmanager.com/app/p=league&id=35015
>pass 4ch

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/o/search/text/300bhp on gravel/
youtu.be/UFNaopT4j1g
youtube.com/watch?v=VoZAz1xgp78
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for RR3

>join WAT1

>achieving photo realism by using real photos
kaz is truly a thinker

How many relevant races has discordfags won this year?

why the fuck is there a hot version copypasta on the 86 doc?

none ever

Because he copied the doc from the old ovg86 doc.

Hello /ovg/. I don't usually play car games, but I saw Dirt 4 is 50% on Steam right now and I wondered if you guys think it's worth it?

Did anyone played mudrunners? How is it?

>when you visit a loser

Playing it right now, it's good. Very much the same as the original but with new maps a couple of new trucks and a challenge mode.

10/10

So, rally then

Cant wait to go home and play it

r8

Took two painful hours

Copy of this
Just noticed hood numbers are too big

jättebra

It's OK but honestly go the extra mile and fix the font for at least the 850 (and I'd do the Volvo too, but that's extra word that you probably won't do). And it's perhaps lacking a darker shade on the rims to be more in line with the real car.

So, I drove RBR for 5 years. It took me a month to finally manage to get through a stage without hitting a tree, but once I figured it out and took my time to understand what was going on, spent some time creating car-setups that made sense, it was the best driving experience I ever had - by far! I even got to test drive some real rallye cars (I was seriously hooked and put a lot of effort into finding a car i could drive) and was extremely surprised how well my driving technique translated from RBR to the real thing.

So, now I read the news, Codemasters brings new Rallye DiRT with focus on SIM. AWESOME! And it's early access, maybe I can even bring in a bit of my experience and help make this a great sim, that feels real and is fun to drive for beginners and pros.

Right now, I just finished my first stages on DiRT, and I'm massively discouraged. I drove the first stage of Greece. It does feel more realistic that the fist DiRT (which I discarded quickly). But anyone who claims this is realistic driving, has NEVER EVER driven a 300hp car on gravel. I'm in 4th gear, I hit the brakes with ABS disabled, and I stop after something that feels like 30m, I did not have the impression that my wheels blocked like they should. I approach a hairpin, hit the brakes while rapidly cycling gears to first, turn the wheel and hit the handbrake, and the tail does not even try to swing, but the car easily drives the hairpin (not even sliding). I tried to powerslide in first gear, but the car does not even start to spin, and the car continues driving straight into the direction I steer. I did not feel any dynamics I would expect in a real car. In general, I did not have the impression that there is accurate simulation of swinging and sliding and general force dynamics.

I'm sorry guys, let's not even discuss how realistic RBR was, but there is absolutely no way this new DiRT version behaves realistic. I'm sorry, to be honest, I am sincerely sorry, because I was hoping there would finally be a living rallye simulation that is fun to drive and realistic at the same time. But now, reading a thread where the majority of the contributors think that this current version of DiRT is more realistic than RBR totally devastates all my hopes for a realistic rallye game, ever :(

I'm willing to keep up my hope. I would really love to have a brand new Simulation. I'm willing to accept that RBR was not very realistic (right now I don't agree on that). Just please give me a simulation that in fact simulates real physics!!! Because this version of dirt DOES NOT!

>300hp on gravel
Fuck off

>a 300hp car on gravel. I'm in 4th gear, I hit the brakes with ABS disabled, and I stop after something that feels like 30m
300hp car on gravel in 4th gear traveling at 10km/h does not lock up wheels while braking hard on gravel, sorry to disappoint you. Horsepower, gear and breaking distance have little to do with each other.

> It took me a month to finally manage to get through a stage without hitting a tree
Wew LAD! You retarded or something?

Its bait you moron.

archive.4plebs.org/o/search/text/300bhp on gravel/

What happens when you do that in Magnetic Fields' swan song? The last game they made before dissolving as they couldn't deal with making a good game.

depends how you land in the water
if on roof/side, car will reset itself automatically after a few seconds but otherwise lay still
if on wheels, you can either reset manually or try driving out yourself

staying in water also damages the car's electronics

note how the car's roof actually produces friction against the pavement

note how the two tires upon which the car landed on are fine, not misaligned in the slightest
note how the car even after tumbling isn't deformed in the slightest
note how the car doesn't even have a scratch

>modeled suspension geometry, soft-body dynamics and scratch decals are all more significant than basic friction physics

You fucks get your free background yet or am i the only one who plays this shit?

I'm sticking to ETS2.

Understandable. ATS is still really lacking in content

Does everyone get the same line up at the mileage exchange?

yes and it's refreshed once in a while

Just finished doing all the challenges in Spintires: MudRunner.

>New maps and vehicles, some remodeled and more polished ones. Vehicles are largely the same as in previous Spintires
>Several new trailers and attachments
>Liquid physics in fuel cisterns and fuel tanks of trucks that affects the trucks balance and grip which you can see
>Slightly improved graphics
>Improved winching in solo
>Multiplayer seems largely the same except no stupid halo effect on others cars
>Cockpit view now has gauges that are easy to read and seem VR-friendly
>Workshop support with backwards compatibility to old mods is a huge plus
>There's now progression to unlock maps and vehicles which to me is a welcome addition as it deters from people going straight to the biggest 8x8 trucks.

My biggest gripe is that in cockpit mode you don't have mirrors that you could use and you can't look out of the truck to see behind.

If you have the previous title you get -50% off the new title (14,99€) which in my opinion is worth it. The full 29,99€ price is a bit steep unless you haven't played the previous version.

Protip: If you don't have the previous Spintires title you can buy one off from sites like g2play or similar for pennies (3,80€ last time I checked) and get the -50% discount

Is he seriously trying to flip the car back over by opening and slapping the door shut lmao!?

>no shift animation for the 312t2
youtu.be/UFNaopT4j1g

Friendly reminder rally2kguy plays a pirated copy of Dirt Rally and uses an edited .ini to change the physics and damage in Rally 2000, making his arguments about either game completely moot.

And for those who played previous Spintires:
>No more treetrunks or fallen trees that are immovable or work like springs
>No more rocks that get stuck between your axles and act like marbles when you drive on them
>If you drive over fallen trees they snap in half

webm of how they show the liquids in cisterns

>making his arguments about either game completely moot
they were even without this information

Thats the BES 2012 mod

>pirated copy of Dirt Rally
feel free to prove all the mentioned issues do not happen with a "legit" copy
>uses an edited .ini to change the physics and damage in Rally 2000
a file which is literally meant to be edited
>he didn't read PHYSICS.TXT

>plays non-updated version of a game
wow this is shit
>plays a modified version of a game
wow this is great

you've already lost

REKT

>he doesn't modify the fuck out of his racing games when the opportunity arises
Get out of my general you fucking pleb.

>implying Shitmasters ever made any updates to the physics engine that made Dirt Rally any different that it was on release
All they did was modify tire grip, the game is just as liable to fling you into the air as it was when it came out. Quit being pedantic.

Guys old game are super good srsly guys play this fucking 30 year old game with this "amazing physics"

Wow what a moron.

not bad but the 850 font is not difficult to make at all, you should give it a shot. The Volvo logotype is not super difficult either, I mostly had trouble positioning the serifs right.

fuck you, loser
Top Gear Rally destroys anything Codies shits out.

youtube.com/watch?v=VoZAz1xgp78

>doing the daily suicide attempt

>people actually have problems with that turn
just slow down even a little and you won't hit the rock, christ, you don't have to go full throttle at every section in the track, especially when you know there's a hazard that punishes you for doing exactly that

>W@
that's some next level shit, gotta remember to use it some time

>especially when you know there's a hazard that punishes you for doing exactly that
Mate, I just got the game, I don't have maps memorized like most autists. Neither am I familiar with the car.
Literally driving the stage and car for the first time while having all assists and hud turned off.

>just got the game
Oh, alright. Sorry user. Still, try to go a bit slower, especially on Finland and Germany, they like their hidden tire-raping rocks.

daily dose

Who here gon play the new nfs?

we don't play anything made after 2005

I'll play it when it's """"free"""" on origin access

>Bob

best AI

/ovgwhiplash/ again when?

>Still, try to go a bit slower
*nervous laughter

>cant tint carbon fibre anymore
it keeps getting worse

someday soon

>those default r2k physics
no wonder you edited it. youre still a faggot for defending an edited game though

Wheel is working, which means time for some shitty webms

By the way, you guys were right, I feel lot less understreer now when I am not going form lock to lock constantly.

its almost like driving a real car

>edited
more like 'configured'

Maybe this is more to your liking?

Still an edit. Stay in denial.

denial of what

what are you even trying to imply

If you want pure rallying play Dirt Rally instead

Depends on what you value. Also consider dirt rally is 10 bucks vs dirt 4s 30 bucks.

>pure rallying
>Dirt Rally

>A group of female Alex Jones's are a team in payback
I hope they are hot like Alex

>All female
Is there even a gang in payback that's not?
How about an all male one?
You just know it's gonna be turbodykes

Regarding damage.

It is after all a game given birth by Colin Mcrae, nothing about his driving was about clean stages. He often made the best of bad situations and finished rallies in cars that were falling to bits, because he pushed so hard and damaged his car so often.

You can have an accident, roll and continue on with a battered machine, those cars are damn tough and it happens all the time. That doesn't mean they are indestructible, but the most important thing about a sim is the handling characteristics and not whether your race is over when you crash. If anything, the great thing about a sim is that you can afford to crash and not have your race finished, or at the very least you can try again.

You get people really hung up about the damage here whilst not acknowledging the fact that all of the racing sims out there have terrible crash damage/physics, all of them are bad. But why doesn't it matter? Because the point of the game is to not crash, nobody is shouting "Oh this game is amazing, it's so realistic... I crashed into a wall and then I had to restart"

What's even more funny is that the damage in the game is by comparitive terms really good, everything other than the "end of rally" level damage is pretty damn good, and to be frank the end of rally damage in massive accidents is irrelevant because you're going to restart, even if you don't restart, the time you lost during the accident will have ruined your rally.

What pcars 2 car should I paint, /ovg/?

Spectre Turbo SE

Wrong game.

SUPER FEMALE VITALITY

Also that guy with paint.net is right, this is much better. GIMP wasn't even properly displaying the whole wireframe, let alone exporting a working .dds.

When are we racing BTCC people

So does WRC 7 have any older cars? I assume not since it is probably just mimicking the current rally cars/tech/seasons etc. Something i really liked in dirt rally was being able to switch between the different eras. But Dirt rally just has so little and repetitive track content it is hard to play and really not a challenge when i can just through repetition don't even have to listen to the pacenotes.

It has the 2016 cars but that is as old as ot gets. If you want a rally game with old cars get SLRE

Rally Trophy had really old rally cars

ffs can we make rally discussion a banable offence

>this beta needs perfectly paved tracks, the best aero and the most insane tires plus nanny state regulations just to "race"

Embarrassing honestly, rally is the only true motorsport left and even then it is cucked as fuck now.

I really, really like Dirt 4 but it also has massive bugs that may never get fixed because codies has all but abandoned it so I would not recommend buying it.