/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

/egg/opolis edition

Previous jej: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMaden b
>Skywanderers

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named. The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>Hearthstone, found in the hearthstone general, /hsg/, not in this general
>Shadowverse, found in the shadowverse general, /svg/, not in this general
>Crossout, found in the Robocraft general, /rcg/, not in this general

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb is back online, open to pubbies
>space-engineers.com/server/73821/stats/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EWRCO0CSe7g
youtube.com/watch?v=xp-b4Ce4Mf4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for I like double kikeout in op

why did they do this when they had so much nice free space just next to them?

>implying this space was free before

>first for I like double kikeout in op
nice!

Because that space is hong kong, not kowloon

Stop making new threads.

here we go again

Please make more new threads

No, but I want you folks to stop making new threads. Can you do that for me?

the dead can't die

>us folks
what did he mean by this?
perhaps he is in wrong general

I'm not asking for much. Make a Discord server or something, move over there, but simply stop making new threads on Veeky Forums, ok? Please?

you first

But I never made threads in the first place.

Yes you did, friend
who else but you would make all those KSP threads

I bet he's one of those autistic cardgamefags that got butt flustered over his 3 letters appearing in the OP
So start placing your wagers gentleggs, is he from /hsg/ or /svg/?

/svg/ are more direct, he's probably HurrSomeGook

here we go again...

I'll leave for now, but when I come back, I want you all to come to a conclusion that these threads are a mistake and that you should stop making them.

instead of coming back, why not take a permanent vacation instead
I insist, you'd love it

Ok shitposter-kun!

>card games
what other bad genres don't go well with eurobeat?

Fightan games, MOBAs and Action RPG i guess

>fightan
>moba
both mix quite well, don't ask me how

wtf is this and why do I like it
youtube.com/watch?v=EWRCO0CSe7g

New to Crossout here, why can't I highlight the "Get the shotgun" mission, even though I have it unlocked?

did you pay for it?

some sort of dodge stratus

Pay for what?

>wtf is this and why do I like it
Shitty nepalese CG and repeating textures

thank you, I no longer like it

Gooks went full retard, dont enable them

post technicals

it

Turn based games generally limit your speedy speed

>Then there's no solution. You might be able to mitigate it using fire constraints, but i don't think it'll work

Well that's shit. Those 2 laser are excellent at blowing away flyer assholes that circle above the ship I just wish the fucking failsafes would do what they're supposed to do.

>implying anything doesn't go well with eurobeat

This thread and all its occupants are property of Veeky Forums

Veeky Forums is shit-tier. You're all losers with fwd automatic "cars" that are more like 4 wheeled mopeds.

gas yourself

>exposed cabin/10
would not put guzzoline inside

On a second thought there might be a shoddy solution, which would be to add laser absorb shields on the affected areas. You might not stop all the damage, but you could increase the durability of those blocks

implying this is not /k/o/m/g/sci/diy/tg/ general

That's a very clever solution but laser shields are expensive to run I'd really prefer that the failsafe simply stopped the lasers from shooting their own ship in the first place.

They usually work. Why the fuck don't they work on these two lasers in particular? 6 steering optics and 2 regular optics each.

I'm not sure you could include Veeky Forums. How many of you actually have a car that an engineer could be proud of?

Maybe they are too inaccurate. There might be shots that while the failsafe allows the shot because a laser with 0 inaccuracy would hit, a small deviation of 1 or 2 degree makes it hit yourself.

Try swapping one or two steering with regular optics.

but Veeky Forums is there user, read carefully

He wants Veeky Forums to not be there user, read carefully.

I can't Im a physician

am i a technical?

has anyone engineered a fuck machine?

That's right. A real /egg/man would not drive something that makes an engineer want to kill themselves but that's what 95% of Veeky Forums does.

They're weak.

I did consider that possibility so I spent all afternoon overhauling the hull below the waterline, it's not obvious in the pictures but it's been significantly enlarged, making room for more laser optics but it still shoots right through the middle of the bridge, not 1 or 2 degrees error through

some guy named adam

No, they're poor.

Poverty isn't an obstacle to buying an /egg/ approved car. You just have to buy an older one and maybe get more hands-on with it abd be more resourceful.

>How many of you actually have a car that an engineer could be proud of?
I have a bike, the kind without an internal combustion engine.
Are bikes Veeky Forums? The chain is freshly lubed and all.

Bikes are /n/ and not engineering at all until you slap on at least a 1000W electromotor

or a chainsaw

>not engineering
muh grams
muh aero
muh watts

Does the chain ring qualify as a chain saw?
What about brake disks?
Both have a reputation for producing nasty cuts.

>muh grams
>muh aero
>muh watts

Bikes are definitely /n/.
/n/ is 50% bikes and 40% trains or something like that.

they do not, a chainsaw on the front to maw down your enemies

>not 'mel giedroyc plays openTTD.png'

I occasionally drop into /n/ and check out their train threads to find stuff like this youtube.com/watch?v=xp-b4Ce4Mf4

>tfw guardsman's helmet's underguard belt looks like gag ball

faggot

Fighting off a slaaneshi cult, obviously

Didn't the lefties have a whinge last year about how slaanesh wasn't corrupt and degenerate enough?

>tfw modern america has become more worse than followers of slaanesh

thats what I want to drive down the road

Legally there's nothing stopping you from driving a steam locomotive on the road. It would just need rubber shod wheels and a way to steer it. As long as it complies with width and length requirments

>steering
>implying the world doesn't need to get out of my way

>tfw the drought is over

If you parked anywhere the cops would start asking questions and crawling up your ass for driving a vehicle that can only goo in a straight line.

now that you mention it there could be an untapped market for road legal steam locomotives.

Those hipsters driving teslas would be insanely jealous

Is wires the best mission to do or something? I always just did electronics because I figured the last one has the most expensive stuff...

I dropped planetes because the main character is so fucking retarded but on /egg/ recommendation I gave it a second chance.

Holy shit they're not making this easy

>your job is to clean up space debris
>even a flake of paint could cause catastrophic damage to a space liner or something
>hurr durr lets leave a fucking flower in orbit to potentially kill hundreds of people.

This show is so fucking stupid. The space muslims were bad enough but this show keeps begging to be dropped.

An engineer from Aberdeen
designed himself a fucking machine.
Concave and convex
it'd serve either sex
and play with itself in between.

>least expensive rewards
>no general use crafting material scrap
>no parts

Wires and electronics are fucking pointless

Sorry to break it to ya, but if you're out for money, electronics are probably the worst ones to farm. You get half as much electronics as you get wires, but they also sell in bulks of 10 while being pretty much the same price. There just isn't as much need for them as for wires.

It doesn't get any better. There's some okay spess stuff here and there, but it's overall shit. I'd recommend Mouretsu Pirates over it any day even though it dwells a bit too much with mechshit later on. Or ID-0. Rocket Girls was also pretty nice, now that I think about it that's probably closest to a Planetes that doesn't suck.

CLANG movies and TV series?

I just don't get plentes at all. Wtf are they trying to do? it's not serious enough to be good and it's not funny enough to be funny. It's not DEEP enough to be deep either.

It's like they've tried to appeal to everyone and ended up with a pile of shit that fails to reach any of the target audiences.

What is the macross plus of srs spess animu

>year about how slaanesh wasn't corrupt and degenerate enough?
what

Does this count?

Last year they where complaining that slaanesh, the fictional god of degeneracy and hedonism wasn't diverse/gay/trans enough.

>tfw a fictional god of evil that was supposed to be horrible beyond your wildest imagination is too tame and mainstream for actual real people

Can you make it FWD?

There are engines made just for that, it goes over the front of the fork, with a contact surface to spin the actual wheel.
Its way slower and shittier.

A kit to covert your bicycle to fwd exists

Need some project ideas for Shenzhen I/O Sandbox Mode.

Run Doom on it

make shenzhen i/o

its more compact, and clean since its a 4 stroke.
I had to almost adjust mine every day, the bakes and the carb, and it allways ended up in a fucking mess.

>its more compact,

Anything you could put on the front wheel you could put on the back wheel just as easily and it would be better in every way.

>4 stroke
>on the front wheel

There's a special place in hell for these people.

The problem is the power, is little to none,
Even 2 arent enough to reach 30mph.
They are on the same level of people who buy a 500W electric motor, so they can ride at, lets say 20mph, i consider those slowfags /n/, with the rest of the spandex faggots.

Rock-its

I changed the starter on my family's van without it clanging. Is that engineering?

>Even 2 arent enough to reach 30mph

Of course they are. I used to ride one of those pocket rocket 2-stroke 25cc sports bikes to work and it did at least 40mph

>degeneracy and hedonism
Slaanesh is the god of EXCESS
why do people keep mixing this shit up

make a /egg/ post generator

There is no way a steam locomotive could ever be street legal. I'm not sure there's a way to put wheels on it to distribute the weight of a locomotive sufficiently so it won't fall straight through the fucking bitumen.