What's keeping Cadillac from becoming more popular...

What's keeping Cadillac from becoming more popular? Their V-series gets great reviews and arguably perform better than their German competition, yet they seem to struggle to sell their cars. Why? How would you turn the company around?

They're meh-tier luxury like Acura, Infiniti and Lincoln. Only difference is that they actually have performance versions of some of their vehicles like the big boys.

They have something good with the Escalade and it needs to be milked for all its worth.

This, despite how hard American car makers try to make their cars 'look' luxurious. There are always areas in their cars that scream 'cost-cutting' and it takes away from the experience as a whole. Now, to their credit, American car makers do some stuff quite well, I actually really like Lincolns line up. But still, its not enough. When you get behind the wheel of a German or Japanese luxury car, you can always tell that just a *little* more thought and care was put into it.

discontinue sedans except the XTS
replace them with crossovers (like the FF91)
make a smaller prado sized version of the Escalade

range would be XT3, XT4 (liftback) XT5, XT6 (liftback) XT7 sub-Escalade, Escalade

this is what i mean by liftback BTW

Cadillac needs to distance itself from the stereotype of being a Rapper's "I made it big" car.

There's also the problem of American perception. Boomers became obsessed with "european luxury", and therefore, Greatest Gen were the last American car buyer market to be interested in American Luxury first and foremost.

And part of that problem was caused by 70's and 80's cost cutting and cheap construction.

these days, european luxury is just as shitty as American luxury. BMW and Mercedes are, these days, just brandwhore cars for the most part.

Lincoln and Caddy need to stand out and stop trying to copy European luxury, and try and redefine American luxury.

part of that I feel, is also engine size.

I can get a shitty 4 cylinder in any generic Ford or GM car. Why would I want a generic small engine in a luxury car? The failure of the Lincoln Continental is it is just a rip off Jaguar.

They should be trying to reclaim the glory days of the massive lincoln landyachts in the "feel" of the car and such.

Offer a fucking V8 in a luxury car. Someone who can afford one doesnt care about gas costs, and if they do, then they are not truly your audience. Just posers.

Because they only appeal to two groups of people, the rich who want a smooth, noiseless ride and niggers that throw 35'' reemz on their escalades. If they made a production sports car like that, chances are it would weigh as much as an exelero

nobody cares about Cadillac

Ugly as shit cars. Inside and out. No level of performance makes up for that as a "luxury" brand

I want someone to do to luxury cars what McLaren, Ferrari, Porsche and the like have done for supercars, just hyperluxury, massive attention to detail, totally bespoke options, quilted leather, ultrasoft suspension, etc. Like a proper competitor to what Rolls is doing. If Cadillac could put something like that in Auto Shows and saleroom floors, people would start respecting them as a brand to strive towards.

damn cadillac really should have made something like this

Like revere? Those boutique cars remain in small numbers for those reasons. If you actually meant whole cars instead of improved existing cars, see RR. It adds up to truly massive costs. Disregard pagani, pagani truly is a pig with a ribbon

Dis. Cadillac will bring more FWD crossovers.

>Cadillac needs to distance itself from the stereotype of being a Rapper's "I made it big" car.
Nope, Cadillac needs niggers more than niggers need them because niggers saved them from bankruptcy.

They haven't made a good looking car in around 20 years.
They've never been able to compare with European makes in terms of interior.
It's an old person brand.

It's really impossible to save it as long as European cars exist.

Das rite

>Lincoln and Caddy need to stand out and stop trying to copy European luxury, and try and redefine American luxury.

Where is my Landyacht?

*American Cars

>FTFY

fucking this
If I wanted a kraut car, I'd buy a kraut car
As it is, I wanted something big, comfy and American. So I bought a Lexus.

Escalade is a land yacht with 21st Century practicality

Well, Bentley is Rolls 'direct' competitor when it comes to hyperluxury. Yes, they are *slightly* more sport focused in their cars, but that's essentially to the extent of having a fuck hueg engine that gives a decent 0-60 time. Other than that, they are an extremely high-end luxury brand. Sure, they don't have something as iconic as the "Spirit of Ecstasy" but , still, their cars have an insane amount of attention to detail.

You're not wrong, but understand that GM is headquartered in Detroit. Which also plays a big part since Detroit is heavily influenced by black culture. So it is a brand that they identify with.

>dat filename
kek