/dag/+/bwg/ - Dragon Age & Bioware General #1080

Phantom Queen Edition

Previous: News:
>the BSN now is gone forever (but there's a backup somewhere so it's not really gone)
>Divinity Original Sin 2 is in Early Access (It will have waifus eventually)
>Tyranny and Andromeda are out and failed
>Pillars of Eternity 2 Deadfire announced (waifus confirmed)
>Cyberpunk 2077 likely out before June 2019
>Dragon Age: Knight Errant #1 comic is out
>Bioware's new IP Anthem won't be out until this Fall

Sales:
Inquisition GOTY PC $19.99
DA:O on Steam Summer Sale for a few bucks

NOTE:
>We occasionally discuss other, smaller RPGs that don't have their own generals. This does not mean we are /wrpg/

Dragon Age Stuff:
>Check THIS before asking questions:
pastebin.com/NtncZWPf
>DA:O Mods
pastebin.com/n4vGHHHd

>How do I import my save into DA:I?
>dragonagekeep.com
You can use this website to create your own DA World History by bringing over your choices from the previous games. You need an Origin account.

>Where is my Warden?
Co-Oping with Kim

>/dag/ (incomplete) Art Archive
dagnaart.imgur.com

>/dag/ booru
dagna.booru.org/index.php

>Help me /dag/+/bwg/, I want to relax!
youtube.com/watch?v=nWnUuosQwZY

Friendly reminder to pick your /dag/ Anthem Co-Op partner already before they are all taken.

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/dragonageinquisition/mods/410/?
nexusmods.com/dragonageinquisition/mods/1231/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Thanks for the new thread, user. I hope everyone dreams about something nice tonight.

Oh and Divine Divinity is on sale for 49 cents
Bought it but I'm afraid to start it up just to realize I wasted half an € for a game that doesn't even run on modern computers.

u2!

>I hope everyone dreams about something nice tonight.
I will be.
I'm going to dream about this.

Liara a shit!

A SHIT!!

Messere, please stop kicking the wall.

Who wants to play Anthem with me?

Who would want a game without a waifu/husbandu?
I don't want to fly around foliage and shoot things for 20 hours.
Calling it now. Will get a rating of ~7/10

NO

It actually does not even look like a game I would not enjoy for a few hours a day but why the fuck is it by BioWare?

EA wanted them to join the multiplayer online shooter bandwagon, but they did it with a few years of delay.

They acted mysterious with the romances and plot, so we might see some waifus and husbandos to romance. It wouldn't be a Bioware game otherwise.

>EA wanted them to join the multiplayer online shooter bandwagon, but they did it with a few years of delay.
Yes but EA owns the asses of other devs that would come to mind sooner than BioWare.

That's true, who knows what they were thinking. Still, it's a good thing that they told Bioware to do this, it means they are still willing to give them money and trust them. I sincerely can't see Bioware going down anytime soon like /v/ predicts every six months or so.

I really wished they did though. I don't have confidence that they'll ever improve theirselves.

YES! I wish we could have killed her.

Right after Leliana.

We did kill leliana

Dude, spoilers!!!!

Me!!!!

REEEEE STOP HARASSING ME

What the fuck

Welcom to /dag/, user. Do you want to talk about Dragon Age?

Fine, just don't mention Leliana.

Sorry, user. I was trying out some method acting.
Taking on the role of faggot user.

It comes to you naturally sweetie ;^)

But she came back as a ghost

Why is /dag/ so ded

Also penris belongs to Marian

I'm currently looking at DAI mods, pondering which to install without making things to easy or entering the Skyrim level of dress-up. The one mod that changes the available Tints of clothes based on regions/peoples/seasons is a strong contender for that.

Here's another one for comparison. It's configurable which palette to use for which tier or DLC armour in general.

Also triggering Fenris' PTSD during make out with Hawke was enough for putting the relationship on ice for me.

Plaidweave, the worst fabric, still isn't changed?

A dual core fix for DAI working via injector wouldn't play at all well with Origin, would it?

It's only a change of the tint (Dalish is more pastel than Orz), not the texture. "Fabric Fixes" replaces a few of the uglier textures with ones found in the game files which weren't implemented. Pic related is the replacement texture for Plaidweave with the vanilla yellow tint.

Fabric Fixes
> nexusmods.com/dragonageinquisition/mods/410/?
Palettes of Thedas
> nexusmods.com/dragonageinquisition/mods/1231/
(Really check out the image section as it shows the fabric and leather tint changes, how this looks on the companions and the Quiz outfits)

Where are all the lorefriends?

>Plural

I'm here, just not really feeling loreposting at the moment. It'll happen if it happens but comfy /dag/ is fine.

Shoo.

I see, take your time, user.

Should I do it? Should I use the exploit?

YES!!

Are you romancing Anders, user?

wasn't here when anons were discussing which gender make DA2 romances more 'valid'. Pretty useless to respond to that one entire thread later but the conclusion of it bothered me.

I don't think its right to call a entire way of approaching a character invalid just because one scene is better for female than male, there are more stuff involved in romancing a character than some than a few lines of dialogue.

In Merrill's case, even though the confession scene is better written for Marian, both function differently, for Marian, Merrill tells how awesome she is and how she wants to be like her, stroking her ego, for Garret, she acts in a more weak, indecisive, fragile archetype, and he acts in a more protective manner. Considering the way these scenes work, its safe to say they were made for different publics, most girls react positively when their egos are stroked (its a commom thing between women when they talk about each other) and boys generally like to act protective towards their loved ones.

and there the wish fulfillment factor too, and considering how personal doing a romance can be (eve if its a game), to dismiss an entire way to play this aspect of DA2 is overall ignorant.

to illustrate better this point, lets look at Anders romance, which generally is considered a better m/m romance than f/m one. Would you dismiss as 'invalid' the f/m version just because you think it's worse than the other one? I think not.

Fenris. With rivalry.

I feel dirty.

Well, it would be weird if Merrill told Garrett she wanted to be like him!

Oh... I saw Anders in your party and assumed it was him...

Is this pasta?

nope, just autism

Directly taken from the BSN archive and then altered to fit Veeky Forums. Pathetic.

can you link it? would be impressive if i wrote something identical to a pasta without seeing it.

lul

Also, it always bothered me greatly that Carver starts the game with such massive rivalry.

The thing is, he has a bunch of friendly exclusive quotes and dialogues, but it's almost impossible to get him there.

What the hell were they thinking?

I played with a friend Carver once.

It's really disappointing how he only has "friend" content in the DLCs and just defaults to being an angry little shit in the vanilla game.

yeah, his friendship rout is so nice, i tried to do it as a mage too and only could make it because of the points you get in this dlc.

the dialogue at the mage's tower at the end is nice too, he has an extra line if you talk to Aveline first and its pretty sweet.

a thread going on a entire day without L******?

Let's summon Leliana user!

>rivalry romance
I never understood this meme 2bh.

I never understood assigning any validity to a single choice in a game with so much room for the player to craft and let their character interact with a cast.

Makes me remember about the default world states and people deciding those were considered canon...

It's ridiculous. I'm all for investment in your personal world state, but not to the point where you consider everyone who disagrees with you to be objectively wrong. Just because telling a story a certain way works for me or you doesn't mean it works for everybody else.

It brings out some interesting aspects of your love interest that wouldn't be visible if you always got along well.

There's also the delicious chemistry...

You don't understand relationships founded on vitriol? You're one lucky bastard. It is quite fucked up, as you pretty much destroy any self-worth Merrill, Fenris and Anders might've had at one point, and it makes sense for playing a total asshole.

I'd like them to revisit this system again, since Bela's (where Hawke is trying to force her to be more selfless) and Sebatian's (where Hawke goads him into reclaiming his throne) are interesting contra developments, but making them for a big cast like Inquisition and without coming across like your character can bend the will of the others would be nearly impossible.

I meant more, people were trying to see what the "true" worldstate was "as intended by BW". The Default World State you could use for DA2 had a Dalish Warden who sacrificed themselves and Alistair as king. Alistair as king was featured in the comics with him searching his dad, where it's mentioned that Loghain is dead as well. However, they had to pick /some/ world state to allow newcomers to the series to start and fall back to some choices in order to write the comics.

tfw no Sigrun gf

I get the idea of rivalry in general. I think rivaling Anders in particular reveals a really disturbing side of his relationship with Justice, for instance, but I just don't understand it from a romance angle. It just comes off like "Ugh, I hate you and everything about you is horrible, and by the way we should totally fuck."

Damn, I don't think he said that during my playthrough of Legacy.

Just found this while looking for DAA fanart. What the fuck Anders.

Do you remember Merrill's friendship end? Where she denies any kind of responsability over her methods and dont learn freaking anything in the end. Its bad, just as bad as going rival and blaming everything on her.

To be fair, the friendship route with keeping her clan alive is fine, because Hawke tell Merrill's mistakes at her face. But in the other hand, when you kill her clan and goes to the conclusion cutscene, that dialogue is disgusting.

So the only way to enjoy DA lore as a male is being into femdom, right?

I didn't kill her clan, but I remember things quite differently on the friendship route namely, that she was ready to deal with the consequences no matter how things would go, until Marethari decided to muck things up since she thinks Merrill can't handle the fallout. Because Marethari was a fuck-up herself, instead of acknowledging Merrill's decision she let the clan stick around for seven years near Kirkwall.
But I should probably rewatch it on yt sometime.

Or you could just enjoy good worldbuilding and learning about new cultures, user.

I was serious, stop fooling around

Do you want me to step on you, user?

/dag/... is comfy.....

/dag/ is so dead.....

/dag/ is just sleepy right now. It's more active later in the evening from what I've seen.

It's comfy!

Solas...

If i remember right, when she talks about consequence, it came across as very tone deaf, because she doesnt adress the way she was doing before, which was VERY DANGEROUS AND VERY RISKY, even if shes understand what could happen if she fails, shes doesnt think what would happen after and to whom. She tells you that during the game, and compared with she says at the conclusion, its no different, thats my gripe with the friendmance of hers, at the end she's still not aware how her methods affected the people around her, speacially her loved ones.

Thats how i remember it.

Well, it's not REALLY Merrill's fault so I find it hard to be angry at her.

If Merethari was more understanding, none of that shit would have happened.

Is gay!!

What about him?

Yeah, as much as I don't like creating animosity between characters, the friendships in DA2 are more about enabling your party members' behavior. Which wouldn't be that bad normally, but the DA2 companions have some uniquely horrible issues, and half the time you're actively encouraging them to hold on to these self-destructive mindsets and not ever change.

No! Gays are gross!

Nothing...

>Nothing...
Are you sure?

Oh, I was just thinking about how handsome and fascinating he is...

Silas.................

>american

Believe it or not, it's the only country that actually matters, user.

I do in fact not believe it

fucking bioware and their dumb puzzles

He is! Both fascinating and very handsome!

Is that not okay? I didn't mean to offend, I'm just speaking from my perspective.

> how her methods affected the people around her, speacially her loved ones
I give you that - could be related to the fact that she saw herself as outsider for a good chunk of her live so the gravity might not sink in so quickly. And it isn't helped that Hawke doesn't have a dialogue awknowledging it. Still, her work which she ostracized herself for (clearing the Blight from the Eluvian via Blood Magic) did work, and was imo worth the pain. Also, I can't think of a better way for a mage without lyrium supply or lore books on hand to do this kind of work.

Though that could be resolved with her exchanging favours with Anders and he establishing a link to the mage underground, but that'd be doubtful considering their stances.

It probably just means that most of our posters are in that timezone.

Then I pity you.

I'd rather pity someone whose country is being ruled by a braindamaged manchild

i agree Merethari actions were based on ignorance and made things worse, but Merrill did not make a good job to lessen her worries, she was doing everything by herself and even dealing with demons, that just to TRY to actvate an eluvian, an unknown.
I admire Merrill's commitment with her goal to help her people, but she deluded herself into the idea that the eluvian would give everything she wanted, and was reckless trying to achieve it. If she failed, Merethari would not just lose her "daughter", but potencially all her clan to an abomination.

Murrica wasn't that great before him, either. People are waking up to that reality now, when it becomes painfully obvious.

if you really believe hes braindamaged , youre not paying attention.

He's dangerous, user.

to his enemies

In what way?

I hated the painting puzzle in MotA, spent some good minutes trying to solve it myself before I had to give up when I kept ending it with a single piece unflipped.

>Trump
>Erdogan
>Putin
>People voting for the "right" direction all over the world
>Germans being outlaws in their own country by now and being pissed about it
Where is the all-destroying war already?

Wait, what is this? I don't remember this DLC.