I'm on a budget, should I buy this ugly 99 civic lx? The guys asking for 4500. It has 50k miles...

I'm on a budget, should I buy this ugly 99 civic lx? The guys asking for 4500. It has 50k miles, and is in good condition. My biggest problem would be that the doors are shaved.

Guy said he's willing to come down a bit too.

Rims are pretty ugly too in my opinion. And I just found out it's a ghost car since the previous owner died.

Who cares what it looks like for a beater desu but I'd try and get it cheaper

>4500$
>beater

yea ok

pic relate 5k of civic

90k miles body damage etc

Should I just try going for something newer with more mileage?

Thats a fucking awesome deal. Although its probably run to shit because of rice, so make sure you have enough left over for maintenance and have a mechanic check it before you buy it.

STORY
T
O
R
Y

It's clearly an early 2000s car, what's the story?

The story of what?

I thought it was a decent deal, but it seems like most disagree.

I mean, riced cars look like shit in my opinion and its not uncommon for ricers to ruin their cars with their hooning so thats why

Of the owner.

Current owner said he replaced most of the old parts, don't know if that makes it any better. He's an auto mechanic.

Not sure. The owner didn't go into detail about it. Just said he died.

Honestly i would have eaten that shit up when i was shopping, it looks great. The deal i mean, the car is hideous

Do you think the remote entrance would become a problem?

im not going to pretend like i know a lot, but at only 50k miles it shouldn't be. That is a feature that cant be hooned to death and its still a built to last civic

Talked to the guy a bit more, he said the previous owner overdosed.

How often would you get pulled over driving this?

A word of advice? No. I can almost guarentee you he's been beating the fuck out of that car.

You can find newer, more stock civics for less. He's selling it for a reason.

Plus, do you really want to be the town ricer OP?

Not really, no.

>Town ricer
Is that an alternative to town rapist

WHat engine it got bruh?

I'll be honest here, I've always wanted to do an unrice project.
Anyone else too?

This one seems like a major pain. The spoiler is a part of the trunk. I feel like I would spend more doing that than just driving the car as is.

This is a piece of history OP. A relic from tuner past. You need to get it and preserve it

Perfect Halloween purchase. 3k spooper.

I'm starting to lean towards buying it. I will probably get a mechanic to check it out. You guys think it will be a good daily driver?

Buy it and sell it for a profit to some high school kid.

Isn't the early 2000's no more. No highschooler wants a riced out civic

this srs
a highschool kid will finance like 12k for that with their mom cosigning

Scam a kid out of his future college OP

If your mechanic confirms it runs fine and you are ok being your town's riceboi I dont see why not, personally I wouldnt be caught dead in it

Where do you live? like what state?

You can buy much nicer, much newer cars for 4500 dollars. In addition, they aren't riced out
You can also buy a relatively stock civic for around 1000-2500 dollars too
Nothing about the car in pic related is worth it unless he is willing to go below 1000 dollars

Jersey

What car would you suggest?