M140i

Is this the best hatchback?
I don't even like hatchbacks but this one seems perfect:
>cheaper than A45, RS3, Focus RS etc
>Rear wheel drive/RWD biased AWD available (not some haldex fwd shit)
>inline 6 twin turbo, 400hp wih a chip tune
>50/50 weight balance
>Manual transmission
>Good interior ergonomics
I've noticed Veeky Forums loving hatchbacks, why does nobody talk about the M140i?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/trcXVeZMGVY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

America (tragically) doesn't get them.

>I've noticed Veeky Forums loving hatchbacks, why does nobody talk about the M140i?
Because it's not sold in the U.S, which is Veeky Forums's largest demographic.

It is the best hatchback by far but like the others said, not available in the us

Fuck that sucks.
I bet it would sell like hot stuff in america though, hatchbacks seem to be becoming quite popular there

it's quite shit
seems good on paper but it's quality is quite poor compared to 3 or 5 series, and that combined with modern bmw reliability plus the car being designed in such a way that even a minuscule malfunction forces you to visit bmw authorized service shop and only a retard would pick one, let alone tune it further

But doesn't BMW use clutch diffs like Audi?
Anything other than a mechanical diff is cuckery

BMW uses clutch diff but it is rwd biased not fwd like audi.
Are you implying modern bmw is worse than audi, merc, ford etc? Cause you're wrong.

Apparently has a very remote/poor driving feel compared to other hot hatches.

BMW USA, please take note of this. BRING IT TO THE US AND IT WILL SELL LIKE HOTCAKES. I WILL BUY ONE IMMEDIATELY

if that's the only issue with the M140i it truly is a god machine.

I have a 100k miles Ford Focus '13 that haven't had a single problem

So? I have a 610k mile 2005 BMW 5 series and I have almost no problems too.

I would honestly get one if the rear wasn't so gotdamn ugly. I'll stick to my S3 for now, thanks. I will definitely consider one when they make it less of an eyesore though.

>he bought a leather vw with haldex
>would get 4banger haldex """AWD"" over godlike i6 because of something you dont see while driving

>Is this the best hatchback?
No, the Fiesta ST is.

>ALMOST no problems

>Haven't had a SINGLE problem

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
so much for german engineering

Correct answer

Yeah all we get right now is the M240i, which I find pretty underwhelming because by the time you add leather seats and the navigation system to it it costs $5000 less than a M2. M240/M235 are a lot cheaper and easier to find pre-owned but at the same time the M2 holds its value far better.

>610k mile bmw is less reliable than 100k mile ford
wat

It isn't in the US because BMW wants NA's only option for a BMW hatch to be their shitty ass MINIs.

Wow that shit weighs more than my Honda Accord?????? Forget the 50/50 distribution meme, that "little 1 series" weighs WAY more than the "Pigfat" 2005-2010 Retro Mustangs and 350Z's.

>they listen
>then bring shitty next generation that's comfirmed FWD

Damn, finally BMW makes a good looking headlight. Have always loved the grilles, but their headlights have always looked like it was partially finished, leaving room for improvement in the future model.

no theyre just going to peddle their shitbox x2

Finally something someone over 6' can enjoy

>600k
>100k

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Americans don't see hatchbacks as premium vehicles which is why the a-class and a3 are sold as sedans and the Lexus ct has been discontinued

>M140i curb weight: 1505kg
>350Z curb weight: 1524kg
Yeah weighs """"way"""" more
some people seem to believe german engineering should be flawless up to 1.000.000 miles

A45 "AMG" with 380hp and awd got btfo by a non-M BMW with rwd and 340hp on a drag race?
How is this possible??
youtu.be/trcXVeZMGVY

different driver
slower reaction time
?

And a thousand extra pounds of weight.

did you even watch the vid?
that's not an actual "drag race" just a side by side acceleration comparison, it is clear the bmw is slightly ahead the whole time

50kg difference between m140i and a45.
how does mercedes build a tiny 4 banger hatchback so heavy anyway??

You can't even fucking buy an M2, they're going for the typical 20k over msrp jewery in the states now.

Oh, my bad, found the GVWR and the curb weight of the A45 and m140i respectively and just rattled them off. May bad.

Yeah I dunno man it's a fuckin' mystery then

>over msrp jewery
>not being able to buy directly from the manufacturer
enjoy your "free market" economy

Well that is how you know a car company is a piece of shit. Who the fuck does BMW think they are? Porsche? Their shitboxes dont deserve any exclusivity.