FiST opinions?

Bout to pull the trigger, just need to see it in person. Seems like an amazing deal w/ 30k miles and being a 2015. No recaros.

Any FiST owners here, or has anyone ever had any experiences with these cars?

This car checks all the boxes for my automotive needs for now:

Quick
Fun
Manual
Practical
Good handling
Tuneable
Good on gas
cheap insurance Within my budget of around 14k

Anything I should know before test driving?

They're good cars but for that price and that mileage there might be some accident history

just get a civic for 3k. tuning is waste of money. then save your money so in a few years you can get something actually nice.

2011 SE owner. It's a shit car. Radiator fans failed, water pump, fuel injectors, power windows.... the auto trans was rebuilt like twice.... It's spent at least a month in Ford's service department over the last 6 years. Now have a Honda Accord with 270 horsepower. Fuck the Fiesta ST, get a V6 Accord.

Not OP but
>KBBed it
>Good condition DMV from private party is 13.5

Yeah, I would make sure to take a hard look at that, might be some minor yet annoying issue.

Carfax is clean.

I mean its a Fiesta ST, they are probably just trying to get rid of it since its such a niche car.

A 2011 Fiesta SE sedan in auto shares almost nothing in common with a 2015 ST, different chassis tuning, different transmission, entirely different engine and updated components.

Sorry you bought a shitty auto base model my dude. Accord's are lame, boring suggestion.

Who cares if it currently has a small underlying issue, I 100% guarantee it WILL have issues in the future. Compare it to Civic SI's of the same year. The Honda will always be worth more cause its had less fuck ups than the Ford. Trust me, I'm NOT a Honda guy, I wanted to buy American but I learned the hard way, having gone from a $15,000 car become worth $4,500. Whereas a $15,000 Civic would be worth DOUBLE

Yeah ok, the entirety of an automobile is the Engine and Transmission. OK. Buy the Fiesta ST. It's a good deal ^_^ Insurance is CHEAP. Parts are CHEAP too

>accords are lame
faster than your shitty econobox.

I like the ST, but the silhouette is that of a Crossover/ Van. I just cant stand hatchbacks. Coupes and Sedans look so sleek and streamlined.... Hatches and Wagons are in the same realm as SUVs, Crossovers and Minivans. Not cool.

my 2015 fiesta st has 43k on it and I've had no issues

Whatever anyone says, the ST does not suffer the same problems as the base model Auto version. Ignore the shitposters, the ST is a brilliant little car.

If you can find one with the Recaro's, they are really nice, supportive, and heated seats, then go for it.

OP here, I currently own a g35 coupe lol.

Also, I have never seen someone smiling while driving an accord, thing is so boring who gives a shit if it can edge out an ST in a straight line, everything else about it is yawn...

I crosshopped it with V6 Mustangs. If you want a powerhouse, you're looking at the wrong car, the ST is also NOT a powerhouse. I wanted a smooth comfy daily driver. The 300hp mustangs were nice, but not for me. Ford has RWD cars figured out. 4 banger FWD's.... No. I'm saying if you want a real thrill machine, a 2012+ Mustang should be in your budget. The turbo economy hatchback is luke warm compared to a 300 horsepower pony car.

The S, SE, SEL, Titanium and ST share tons of parts. It's the RS that has proprietary parts.

Hopped up economy cars would not cost as much as hopped up economy cars if they used higher grade components. It's how the auto industry works.

Front Wheel Drive

Don't do it kid

>g35
>wants a riceboi st
just kys.

Why are you such a raging faggot.

you have a point, but fwd are fine with me as long as they aren't too expensive

Have any suggestions for my needs and budget?

Or just "hurrdurr vapefag buy a 3k civic and shut up"

For a commuter fwd is fine, don't listen to them. Just don't expect it to be fast off the line without shredding tires, You're going to have to learn how to launch a fwd car.

Get a Mustang or a Camaro. A Hot hatch would be a big downgrade from a g35

Great car. Will smoke any focus ST or WRX you will ever see.

If its CPO it comes with 6 year 100k warranty as well.
Mine was 13.5k for around 45k miles in New England.

Looks like a great deal OP

>6800lb curb weight powerhouse

Quality response, faggot.

I mean I like my G but its auto, has 140k miles and looks like shit on the outside due to dings and shitty paint, plus it wastes gas like a motherfucker.

Since im in college, I want something just as fun, but practical and fuel efficient. Sure its not as fast to 60 but everyone that has owned a FiST including reviews praises how fun it is and the instant throttle response. Plus I can always tune it if it gets slow on me.

There is no point in going fast if ur over the limit (I would no, I got caught going 45 over in my G), something that can be fun within the bounds of the law while still being practical will work for me.

Pic related is my shitty auto G w/ fuckton miles

>13k
>for a shitbox with 30k miles
Just buy one brand new.

its like 10k more brand new bruh

>44% off the price of the car
>23% of lifespan used up if you assume a very early death at 130k miles (conservative estimate)

No, there are ones in my area selling for 17k new off the lot, but that's slightly over budget for me and for that you can just get a focus st or an ecoboost mustang...

Fiesta ST is superior to the focus ST in every way. Had the choice and mulled it for quite a while. Unless you need a hell of a lot of space, its not worth it for fun or performance.
You're pretty lucky living in florida then. even on fiesta forums, never seen anyone leave without having to pay 23k+ off the lot.

Front wheel drive is fun on B roads as well, you just need to brake late and you'll get the back end out just fine

Newer models only have the 3 cyl ecoboost timebomb engines now

Not that their bad engines, but....wouldn't want a hot hatch with one.

You are completely wrong. The 3 banger is not in the ST at all. Ford doesn't have plans to change it either.

It's true. Of the UK at least. No more 4 Cyls.

As much as i know the 1.5 litre Fiesta ST that will be sold from spring 2018 here in Germany also has only 3 cylindres.

I think it's very easy to imply from this thread that we're talking about the US here

But do they really have different engines in US / Europe if we are talking about the current model?

The US FiST *only* has the 1.6 ecoboost I4

That's it. If you get an I3, it's probably a base model Focus.

Remember, the US has very lenient emissions restrictions.