incompetech.com/music
fantasymusica.org

Other urls found in this thread:

itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-15/rate/141520
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

arise chcken

You will never make it guys

First for goodluck demo day devs

Anyone know a way to make blender export older fbx versions? Blender exports to fbx 7.4 but I need 7.1 - 7.3.

>I'm starting to think it's all about visuals and stories, while we are playing more or less the same game.
Pretty much.

>no chicken image
YOU STUPID PIECE OF SHIT

no hope

only despair

is the unnamed pixel platformer game made in Game Maker?

Kick-in's Demo Day 15 build is out, now with 100% more super attacks, a tutorial, and actual win/loss states for the player.

itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-15/rate/141520

Has anyone made a full game using only Scheme?

>I got 1 download
Yey

C++ and SDL I believe.

Crosspost from /rlg/. I'm in the process of designing a cyberpunk roguelike. What kind of features would you guys like to see in it? So far I have in my scratch list:

- Top-down, tile & turn-based, i.e. classic roguelike style
- Procedural cities, streets, buildings, corporations
- Local economies, all city property must be owned by a corporation that exists in a trade or war relationship with other corporations
- Biology-based combat, you don't have HP, you die when blood pressure in your brain becomes abnormal
- No XP or leveling, character progression is done through cybernetics/augments
- Powerups are procedurally generated drugs (chemical effects on your character's body cause random things)
- In true dystopian fashion, the goal of the game is to get as much money as possible while screwing everyone else over

Settings I'm looking at:
- The street: Interaction with street gangs, skate punks, drug dealers, pimps & prostitutes, bioengineered mutants, and other seedy futuristic street denizens
- The corporations: You can visit to conduct a legitimate business deal, or just infiltrate to steal and hack things
- The "jungle": Densely populated urban areas where humans are heavily packed in, mostly controlled by violent gangs
- The lab: Mysterious scientific research facilities, where you can pay off scientists to create new drugs/viruses
- The catacombs: Creepy sewers and tunnels inhabited by mutants and monsters
- The matrix: a separate graph-based game mode primarily used for information gathering, and occasionally hacking and infecting other computers

Does all of that sound fun? Anything else cool that I should try to do with it? I figure realistically, I can get maybe a few of these done in a reasonable amount of time to launch an alpha version, and then after that I'll see what features people are most excited about. Pic related, a mockup I threw together. I don't know if I will end up using these tiles, but it's fun to give it at least some rudimentary art.

are you in the process of actually making this into a game or are you just typing down design document destined to never become a game #200158735 ?

the mock up sucks but your idea sounds fun

Legacy Code

Good artstyle.
Great gameplay.
Strong core concepts and a very well done execution of them.
I'm also impressed by the AI code of the drones and the frogs.

However every 3 minutes or so the game crashed for me.
The tutorial didn't work at all.
Faulty script for the shaders of your drones:

of Draw Event
for object obj_pickup_weapon:

Variable .(100126, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Script_scr_drone_setshader
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_scr_drone_setshader (line 0)
gml_Object_obj_pickup_weapon_Draw_0

Previous reviews:

Is there anything wrong with using the Source engine to make a game?

who are you quoteing

mom look i samefagged on agdg again

I'm actually making this, I have a couple of prototypes ready, but trying to get some more ideas of what people think of the design

Yeah, programmer art

Good job, my daughter! I am so proud of you

holy heck
congrats fightknight

Isn't that an obscure /mlp/ meme from years ago?

maybe there's a plugin for that? or you could try that free fbx converter from autodesk

> How to Webm
obsproject.com
nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/shadowplay
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter
github.com/thetarkus/WebMCam

are you implying that Will Wheaton isn't a coward?

ortho renders of humanoids look like absolute shit in 3/4 iso. they legs and feets is too big

Why are you so obsessed with profits, devs? You have to make art for the sake of art. Make something that speaks to your soul, not something for the market.

Delete thyself, and then use some real arguments.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force, mlp might be referencing that

Dev here, I'm using C++ and SDL2.

dumb frogfucker

>hay guyz, why do you need moneyz to livz ?

Let's see, what's easier:
>get a part time job
or
>spend months making a video game and praying that it will make money

It's pretty old and not that great. The one thing it has going for it is pretty solid multiplayer.

BECAUSE I NEED MONEY

my plan is to make the games I want to make until people start supporting my work through cash. Besides, I have no idea how to play to the market anyway.

psst, don't tell them that one day mommy and daddy will die and they'll have to feed and clothe themselves

Every day, I wake up, walk over to the mirror and have a hard look at myself. I say, "You're not a game developer, but you will be one."

Then I start coding.

I code for at least sixteen hours a day. Some days I code a little more. Sometimes I skip meals for a little more time. Some nights I go without sleep.

Most days I don't shower. I have food delivered to my door and it's mostly microwave meals and ramen.

People tell me, "It must be hard to keep going." Perhaps, but I must continue. I'm so blessed to have autism, to receive welfare so that I don't need a job and can code all day. When I'm tired and I'm thinking of giving up, I get up and look at myself in the mirror. I say, "Think of all the people who fund your lifestyle. Are they doing it so you can just give up?"

I look at myself and see the wrinkles, the receding hairline, the matted and greasy hair, the culmination of years of self-abuse for the sake of my art, and I think, "If I apologize or feel regret, everything will be over. I'll never be able to reach this place."

I've been doing this for two years now. I'm not a game developer yet, but...

I will be one.

I remember playing the demo where flowers marked secrets. I surely play this one first. Great job.

Did you implement physics as well?

>Weren't these figures more middle way between spirits and gods?
Well up to this day Ukko is called Ukko Ylijumala which is a bit like Odin being called the Allfather. Jumala is the Finnish word for God and adding Yli- prefix to it literally makes it OverGod or AboveGod basically meaning a Supreme God, still being seen as something higher than the Christian god or at least implied so by language. Though I'm not sure on the origins of the word Jumala.
There were other less prominent gods but they could've as well been more like spirits. Like Tapio the god of the forest and Tuoni the god of death. Kalevala portays a lot of godlike characters and the origins for those might have been actual old gods slowly fusing with more human like characters much like the Norse pantheon where the gods often walk among humans.

There's also a complicated spirit aspect separate from these named deities. It was believed that a person has 3 spirits, one for his body, one for his mind or self and one to act as sort of a protection spirit. On top of that spirits were heavily assumed to be part of everything in nature and specific places or things could have their own spirits or 'elves'.

Christianity itself is a difficult subject because as far as I see it the Finns never took to it. Most of our pagan holidays were adopted as Christian holidays and we kept the a lot of the traditions of the old. In a way Ukko fused with God because they were in many ways similar. As long as it was legally required to be Christian, Finns followed along.

>Since some other Finnic people had a different main god
Most of the gods had multiple names so I think of it more like the tribes that now make up modern Finns simply having raised Ukko above the rest and other tribes elsewhere did the same to other gods of the pantheon. Tribes living in proximity to other religions probably developed into a different direction as well. There is probably a logical reason for Ukko and Thor being so similar.

extremely gay but also identifiable, except the autismbux part and the wrinkles but including the receding hairline

How do AAA devs bring innovation to their games? I'm trying to figure out what makes e.g. Uncharted or Tomb Raider so special. I mean, the mechanics are always more or less the same, you shoot, you hide behind a cover, some exploration, la la la. I often don't even want to think about going in that direction with my game, since I can't think of anything original, but then again, what original things are they doing? I'm starting to think it's all about visuals and stories, while we are playing more or less the same game.

How do you make an elevator pitch for those games? How can you sell them to somebody in 15 seconds?

Which game is that? Can I see a webm, pl0x?

You don't, really.

I know that feel

you don't know that what if he owns some big cash to the italian mafia

Why there is no sfml precompiled for visual 2017 ;_;

>spending years of your limited lifetime making a game that can be completed in few hours.
>profit/time ratio will mostly be not worth it.
>you'd need to waste more years to make games to survive, and that only if the games actually sell well.
no wonder why gamedevs are such depressed suicidal bunch, when you got redpilled on getting an actual job and keeping gamedevving a hobby/side job?

gamedevving as a hobby is a surefire way to get your game out in 8 years and by then it will be obsolete

Is it really worth it to speed up the death of the game developer you'll be?
Are you so desperate for success or/and happiness?
Do you know those funds are going to pay a hospital/mental institution?
Is the message of your life to destroy yourself to live your dreams?

Why user, why?

>work part time job
>want to die everyday due to the monotony
>remember that user says it's better than making games
>kill self at the tender of age of 46

hmm

Not him but what makes you think that just because a game takes long to develop it will be "obsolete" when its finally finished?

my dude just get the source off git

jesus h. christ

seek help and remember to exercise atleast 20 minutes a day.

it's this game Btw, I wish the game had a full screen mode.

gaming is changing my man, in 8 years we're going to inject anime straight into our brains

if you take a really really long time your game could be done just as there is a nostalgic resurgence of that hot trend you started on

Working on this stage atm, any ideas I could put into the stage? It's mainly centered around getting to the clock tower in the background

>I'm starting to think it's all about visuals and stories, while we are playing more or less the same game.
This is true for a lot of AAA games. Especially the ones you mentioned. They're becoming more focused on the story and less focused on gameplay. There's rarely innovation of gameplay in there.

wait nevermind, I'm retarded. Just checked the settings screen.

reminds me of the year 2000

>that hot trend you started on
>implying

Or you can just make an original game and it will be cool no matter when it comes out.

friendly reminder that undertale sold more than one million copies even though the entire game has enough content for ~8 hours, and speedruns are like 1h

even if it was priced at 1$, one million copies is still one million bucks; its price is higher than that
even if toby got only 10% of that, that's still one hundred thousand with the lower estimate

i love how people still think we can improve technology at the same pace since start, we already are at the limit, computers can't go any faster without costing billions, "VR" is just two tiny screens attached to your eyes.
in reality, nothing can get obsolete anymore, even if it happens, nes and snes games are holding fine even by today's standards, just make a good game.

AGDG tell me, should i go buy some junk food

Gotta get them quantum computers

bokube and googem on suicide watch

No

Stir fry some vegetables

Here's some gameplay footage.

You can also switch screen modes with alt+enter.

That level is still in as the first of extra mode, if you want to play through all the old demo levels back-to-back.
>Did you implement physics as well?
Well, I didn't use any external libraries if for physics if that's what you mean. Many things are faked though instead of "proper" physics.

Ghost Knight Victis

I like that the PC floats (even though its easier to animate and code) because its something different.
The enemies design is very well done and they're much more believable now that they dodge and feint attacks on their own.

The rapier is pretty much useless when you can use the spear in combination with backtracking.
Optimization is horrible. I'm struggling to get 40 FPS on a semi-decent rig.

The models look great though and the code is function-able. If you did this all by yourself I'm really impressed.
Try to think of a proper aesthetic around your current build, and stick with it.

Reading your itch.io you already seem to know most points of improvement. Good luck! Please keep posting progress in the threads.

Sonic?

wow sonic got a lot cuter

>implying everybody has equal chance to be the next toby or notch
this is why people commit suicide, you should never tell a kid "you can be anything you want", people need to be realistic and smart about choosing their goals, if something doesn't work, do something else, banging your wall at a wall won't break it no matter how many times you do it, the sad thing is that by being autistic about dreams is that you will never learn what was your potential and where you could've shined, imagine if usain bolt wanted to do something else in life, he woudl've never found out he'd be the fastest man in the world.
life is about discovering what you are truly good at, no matter if it's what you want or not.

but i want some ;_;

Stir fried veggies taste delicious user and they're good for you

What's the narrative?

I've never actually played a Sonic game.

Reminds me a lot of DoReMi Fantasy.

Almost literally your game.

but toby and notch weren't good at making games

considering the way your game plays, that is an extremely difficult statement to believe in

gaycum's butthurt in the previous thread was really funny

did you post your demo yet? can't wait to download them :^)

NO

DON'T STEAL MY BABY

Unity3d or Unreal 4?

Why not CryEngine?

gamebryo

polycode (the binaries are actually out)

go find your friend while killing creatures
that's about it right now

Asking the same question as previous thread, does anyone have example of flying 3D level design along the lines of Zone of the Enders/Strike Suit Zero, or just plain old ideas ?
I'm having a hard time picturing anything other than empty space with some geometry blocking a little bit.

Everybody's making demos and I'm just making tools

You're a cute little girl picking berries in a forest. That's about it.

Well, I might be ripping off games that originally ripped off Sonic, like Jazz Jackrabbit. The original idea was to have only projectile attacks in the game too.

Pretty nice use of autotiling.

You'd have to be one sick puppy to use CryEngine over UE4
muh foliage

nice goin senpai

Good, reminds me of Advance Wars's map editor. Probably had as much fun playing with it as I had playing the game.

>not picking Lumberyard the CE definitive edition with botnets pre-installed

>jazz jackrabbit
yfw the turtle's second phase can be oneshotted
boy that takes me back