/dfg/ - Dwarf Fortress General

Do-we-really-have-to-say-which edition
Previous thread
>Download the basic game here. Current version is Dwarf Fortress 0.43.05
bay12games.com/dwarves/

>Official forums:
bay12forums.com/smf/index.php

>Find a bug? Don't tell us! Tell Toady! Complaining in the thread will accomplish nothing.
bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt

>Have a question? Check the wiki first:
dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Main_Page

>Fireden archived threads:
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/Dwarf Fortress/

>Dwarf Therapist (Standalone is out of date, use Starter Pack for 43.05):
bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=122968.0
github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist/releases/

>DFHack:
bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139553.0
github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases

>Starter Pack:
bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126076.0
dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=7622

>More DF stuff:
pastebin.com/AnsHjQ40
Modanon's Mods: dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=3558

>Dwarf Fortress General IRC chat:
en.irc2go.com/webchat/?net=freenode&room=dwarffortress
(to connect yourself: webchat.freenode.net #dwarffortress)

>A bunch of guides to various parts of fort-based living:
imgur.com/a/nGyRF#0

>Video tutorials:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBrdUj1adIBD-vgUodaaxebcdqQ4oEWtg
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD1A3FE72C0DCAC66 (Dated, but good)

>Text tutorials:
dwarffortresswiki.org/DF2014:Tutorials
members.iinet.net.au/~morty/Getting_Started_with_Dwarf_Fortress.pdf

>This pasta:
pastebin.com/iAduXzjn

Strike the earth!

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xaf7ze5dgC1L4h7Y8flaG6meHZtqiuVj7dojwvQx1yc/edit#gid=1311675782
youtu.be/cWaOdv28noo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for cute gladiator

Ladies and Gentledwarves, Goblins and Gremlins, Giraffe-men and Olms

Welcome

WELCOME

To the Third Dwarf Fortress General Tournament

In this iteration of the grand blood-letting ritual known as the tourney, we do not have a mere sixteen gladiators this time. No, instead thirty-two brave, foolhardy souls have come to risk life and limb in the arena. Thirty-two warriors, thirty-two men, women, monsters and beasts have gathered for the sole purpose of winning gold, glory, triumph and the right to call themselves

CHAMPION OF /DFG/

But enough of this meaningless prattle, let us step back and allow the real reason you have all gathered here to cheer, scream, cry and laugh at to come forth. Let the warriors prepare themselves, and pray to whatever gods they believe in. For the one supreme being, Armok above, demands blood. And we are but his humble servants, condemned to obey.

Now let the blood spatter

Let the armour be dented

Let the blades be shattered

Let the bones be broken

And let the fighting...

BEGIN

I don't feel good about her chances.

HE WAS JUST WAITING FOR A NEW THREAD, THE MAD MAN.

hype

But the worst part is, just when you think you're safe, just when you think you might escape...

>he was waiting all along
well blow me

4 fights today?

Isn't it 33 if we count Dag's wolf?

*blows u*
Yes, the fights will occur hourly

it's 32 if we count him and discount Wilbo

>those external gills
HNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG

>discounting best fighter
u wot

LET'S GO JC

Its time to bet your dwarfbucks on the winner of the first round ladies and gentlemen, lets hear em!

when was it established that it would be hourly? In the past they just kinda happened in a cluster and then had a little pause for tourney user to set up the next fights.

What are the odds, Urist?

does that trihardin fag stand even the trace of a chance against oleme?

I skipped a funeral for this. He was an asshole anyway.

Largehuge may be...well, large and huge, but Oleme's got the Dexterity needed to come out on top.

STR vs DEX.
I have a feeling that Oleme may just win this.

But before the battle here are some advertisements.

Nope. Unarmoured and unarmed against leather armour and 2 knives. The odds are severely against him unless he somehow 1 punch KOs him

Someone post the bracket for round 1.

Two Г of platinum for Trihardin McLargehuge!

wow that guy got #plump

I will put a managing stake in my gladiator that Oleme wins

Does anyone have the link to the google drive with the bracket?

4 cut emeralds on Oleme

For the first of today's fights, we have Oleme the elf versus Trihardin Mclargehuge the human.

Oleme, an elf hailing from the distant jungles of the far south, is similar in clothing and apparel to Efeye, an warrior and assassin many of you might remember well. Perhaps they knew each other, or studied in the same shadowy assassin's school one might hear rumors about in shady pubs. Regardless, this relatively fresh faced elf doesn't seem to have as much of the frightening ruthlessness of Efeye, but flashes his daggers about with a jaunty smile on his lips, confident in his skill.

Many members of the audience, when questioned, have expressed concern over the burly human's chances against a skilled knife-wielding elf. The man chooses to fight unarmed and unarmoured, trusting in his own might and unbreakable willpower, constantly seeking self-improvement and to, in his own words "git gud". Against such determination, one cannot help but respect the man, whatever his chances.

Place your bets folks, the bookies are walking about the stadium, and the vendors are serving buckets of ice-cold Plupz™ Ice cream (sponsored by TowerTech incorporated)
May Armok have mercy on their souls...

I'm betting 1000 zenny on crabo

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xaf7ze5dgC1L4h7Y8flaG6meHZtqiuVj7dojwvQx1yc/edit#gid=1311675782

I like long odds. A sackful of giant wren teeth on McLargehuge.

15 plump helmets and a lead toy boat on McLargehuge.

I'll bet this +pine amulet+ on McLargeHuge

A stupid man might say its 50/50 but i GUARANTEE better odds for whomever you are putting your money on, you have my word as a dwarf and a soapmaker.

betting two Artifact Knife [STOLEN]

>tfw elves will ruin yet another tourney

this desu
elves OUT

On the big guy

5000 brouzouf on mcbigenormous

TRIHARDIN

YOU GOTTA DO IT MAN

In that case Urist, I'll put 4 Steel Ingots on Mclargehuge

Prediction of the first fight

youtu.be/cWaOdv28noo

Mclarge needs to win for the sake of fun

The horn sounds, and springing forward, Trihardin surprises everyone by taking the offensive on his armed opponent, swatting at Oleme and battering him soundly! Surprised, Oleme hurriedly backs away, trying to make space between himself and his intimidating opponent, but is chased all over the arena by Trihardin in hot pursuit, until the big man lands a solid chop to the back of Oleme's leg. Tumbling to the arena floor and unable to stand, the elf desperately slashes the air with his daggers trying to keep his foe back. Stepping this way and that while looking for an opening, Trihardin makes a mistake, and his foot is impaled by the iron dagger! Oleme's triumph is short lived however, as the man roars and savagely kicks the elf in the midsection, and angrily strikes the dagger-wielding hand. The blade clatters the floor, and the elf writhes in pain, clutching his midsection with a broken hand. His second dagger, however is ever-ready, and gritting his teeth, Oleme lands a wild cut, embedding the dagger in Trihardin's hand! Heedless of the danger, the man flies into a rage, and begins mercilessly pummeling his smaller foe with a barrage of blows. Although he is stabbed in the arm, the beating doesn't cease, and eventually the second dagger is violently wrenched away from Oleme. Now, with the fight decidedly one sided, Trihardin redoubles his efforts, using his fists, his feet, and even his teeth until the poor creature is but a quivering mass of tender flesh. Breathing heavily and pausing momentarily, Trihardin roars his triumph to the crowd, before chomping down in a fit of berserk rage on Oleme. Shaking the jungle elf like a dog to screams in the audience, a horrible snapping, popping sound is heard, and the broken fighter falls limp, his spine shattered. Dropping the corpse, his grinning maw stained with blood, Trihardin McLargehuge stands tall to shouts from the crowd, elated in his victory.

Time to pay up, Urist. What are my winnings?

haha elves btfo human strong

elves BTFO

>armored, knife wielding elf against a nude unarmed human having the absolute shit beaten out of him
treehuggers on suicide watch

elves cannot even win versus armed opponents lmao..

HOOMAN RACE

HOOMAN RACE

Ha! Humans are superior, this is a known fact.

YYYYYYYYYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

GET FUCKED ELVES

THERE WILL NOT BE AN ELF V ELF FINAL THIS SEASON
TREEHUGGERS ON SUICIDE WATCH

LOOK AT THIS MAD HUMAN CUNT
WHAT A FUCKING SAVAGE

GIT FUCKING GOOD SCRUBS

aw ye my boi
>You gain Brouzouf

Already an upset! Bets on the next match?

Im PRETTY sure the troll is going to wallop the light plumper, but who knows!

|
I'll bet three sets of Iron Armor on the Troll next fight.

THAT TROLL'S GONNA BE EATIN' PLUMP HELMET STEAK TONIGHT LAD.

I'M BETTING FIVE IRON SHORT SWORDS ON LPA

git gut elf git gut

Yeah? I'll take you on with one $$

The Plumps will rise!

You have won a sock, enjoy your prize user!

I'm amazed at this humanphobia in these bets. the earlier match should have proven the human races superiority to others. ALL IN PLUMP AVENGER!

I'll look forward to taking that sock of yours. We all know Trolls can take down an entire squad of Dwarves, I doubt a single human to take one down himself.

>yfw based Hercule utterly DESTROYS Esquies Drath

Congratulations Trihardin, you are the first of today's winners! In a stunning display of strength and courage, you faced down an armed warrior with nothing but your bare hands. You have 220 points to spend on upgrades for your next fight, may your quest to git gud be as successful as your spectacular combat!

Oleme traveled far to fight in this tournament. His purpose remains unclear, but regardless he shall be honoured in death. Perhaps he shall have another chance in the Battle Royale, we shall see. For now his body is interred in the catacombs, awaiting a new chance.

For our next fight we have the oddly named human Light Plump Avenger against the hulking troll known as.. er... Jackson Troll Slayer. Will the human once more triumph over his opponent, or will the strength of trolls prove too much?

On a journey for vengeance and answers, Light Plump Avenger has come to discover the truth about what happened to his village, and why it was left as empty as the wastes of the terrifying badlands. Armed with a very fine steel sword, it is the envy of many a warrior, but does he know how to wield it? We await his fight with bated breath.

Jackson Troll Slayer has come to fight in the hope of troll slaying. Although we've tried to explain he's the only troll competing, he doesn't seem to understand. Regardless, the familiarity with which he handles his axe should prove that this troll is an accomplished warrior, who will be a major threat to any combatant, especially those who lack the fierceness of trolls.

Place your bets folks, the fight shall commence in just under an hour.

CAN'T STUMP THE PLUMP

Heh sucker *rubs hand goblinously*

The next fighters seem to be equally favored by the crowd, odds are currently an even 50/50!

Plump avenger, go!

right at the start of teh match

>Trihardin Mclargehuge punches Oleme in the left hand
>Oleme: Help! Save me!

the elves truly are the weakest race

One elf down.
Also, is this a tourney for ants? How about a larger gif, tourneyanon? 144x232 is suffering.

I fucking hope so
as Hercule's manager this gives me hope

I mean what is really lost at that resolution? slightly blurred ASCI symbols?

Weird Nobita.

Threadly reminder that JC WILL BEAT Dag

1000 hours on paint

PREACH IT

>Help! Save me!

>that filename

Since you're so sure PA is going to win, how about a little wager? I'll toss in three barrels that may or may not contain genuine dwarven ale.

>Place your bets folks, the fight shall commence in just under an hour.
how many will you be doing tonight? It's already midnight in my timezone.

3 more he said earlier

Now we just need to see esquies drath get pummeled by hercules' big juicy wooden mace and we'll have the best tournament ever.

My eyesite from rubbing my eyeballs against the monitor trying to tell what's happening? The pleasure of watching the fight happen in at least the game's native tile resolution? Better question is what is lost with larger gifs. We had them in the previous two tourneys.

I'll give you four pots of homemade bayberry wine should your troll actually win.

Betting this stack of 5 Cat tallow biscuits on jackson.

>You have 220 points to spend on upgrades for your next fight
???

Just zoom in you triple goblin. No one's gonna waste bandwidth for your blind ass.

One giant cave spider (totally tamed, I swear) and a Towertech scratching stick on troll.

You can probably afford professional striker and dodger or something

hot

Betting my xPig leather loinclothx on the troll

Actually, I did fuck up with the gifs for the fights I've recorded so far. The colour is way too dark, making things unnecessarily hard to see. I'm afraid it's gonna be like this for the first round, but I'll have it fixed for the next round, sorry about that. As for the size, they're the same as the previous tourney, I just captured a smaller amount of the arena to focus on the fights themselves.

Getting points on kicker and biter would be a good investiment too.

>waste bandwidth
>being so much of a poorfag that a couple hundred KB is a problem
My eyesight is fine you double digger, it's a fucking thumbnail sized gif. We've had larger ones in both of the previous tourneys, and there's no reason not to now. I understand that because tourneyanon is providing content you have a reflexive need to jump to his defense, but 144x232 is fucking tiny and not even worth archiving.

If my gladiator wins his first round I'll make him train his biting a bit (you can invest in skills too right?)