ITT: Manufactures that sell unreliable garbage

I'll start with the most notable.

Other urls found in this thread:

trucks.com/2017/06/02/toyota-tacoma-truck-delayed-recall-repairs/
usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2017/04/27/toyota-tacoma-recall/100980084/
money.cnn.com/2017/04/27/news/companies/toyota-recall-rear-axel/index.html
foxnews.com/auto/2017/06/02/toyota-recalls-36000-tacoma-pickups-for-stalling-risk.html
ctvnews.ca/autos/toyota-recalls-250k-tacoma-pickups-in-north-america-1.3387951
carcomplaints.com/Toyota/Tacoma/2014/
nytimes.com/2014/09/30/automobiles/toyota-recalls-790000-tacoma-pickups.html
edmunds.com/car-news/2013-14-toyota-tacoma-recalled-for-potential-engine-failure.html
consumeraffairs.com/automotive/toyota_tundra.html
thecarconnection.com/news/1042568_2010-toyota-tacoma-4wd-trucks-recalled-for-driveshaft-issue
blog.caranddriver.com/690000-toyota-tacomas-recalled-for-leaf-springs-that-could-snap-damage-fuel-tank-and-brake-line/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Any european mark

Have a (you)

Excuse me while I go turn the key in my ‘66 falcon and have it start up no questions asked.

>most notable
>doesn't post a jeep
get a load of this kid

GMC

Chrysler-Fiat-Jeep-Dodge literally worse than being a busrider.

>Not GM

wrong

I'd argue Chrysler Group's build quality has come along way since the dark Daimler days. I'd also go as far to say I'd have no qualms owning a WK2 Grand Cherokee, something I wouldn't even think of saying about the outgoing WK. As long as the WK2 had a ZF gearbox, and not the stop gap measure Mercedes 5 speed.

GM went to shit in 2000, last straw in 2008.

French shit. Renault is somewhat okay but their electrical systems are not to be touched. Change anything, even speakers, and the system will shit itself

>Unreliable

There are falcons out there that are almost 20 years old and still going strong.

What can't anyone post evidence of Ford vehicles failing catastrophically? I keep seeing these threads and it's just the OP who believes this

263k miles on stock motor and tranny in a Ford Explorer with a 3” leveling kit on 33s.... I have a unicorn, I know.

Nice b8 fag

Its a dad meme.
Veeky Forums lives in the 80s.

Back when Hondas were reliable and Ford wasnt.

>mfw some idiot on Veeky Forums buys a new model honda civic expecting it to be reliable because civics were amazing 30 years ago.

wew lad

They can't. They just post shit like with easy-to-read gold stars for the little children and retards who ride buses in the first place

>Panther platform
>unreliable

my ford fusion clutch is failing at 180k

Learn how to drive nigger

what do you mean

Year?

I see more 90s ford taurus on the street than any old hondas.

I'm pretty sure he meant that as a good thing. 180k (km? Miles?) Is pretty good for a clutch.

If it were at 60k, like many Jap cvts, maybe we would give a shit.

Any American company. They all sell polished turds.

t. American

km

and it probably is my fault. just not for bad driving
i was in Bosnia months ago and i trusted the petrol station guy to put the right diesel in my car
needles to say my clutch was slipping all the way home until i got some normal gas in

Lincoln rated much higher than Ford, even though they use the same shit. Nice try.

>Lexus rated much higher than Toyota, even though they use the same shit. Nice try.

This is how retarded you sound. Apply yourself next time.

>first time seeing a zl1 gen 6 camaro in person
>it was on the side of the interstate getting connected to a tow truck

Hating on Ford is pretty much the norm at this point because everyone else hates it and they want to jump onto that hate bandwagon like the mindless sheep.

For all we know the dude prolly a zombie fanboy of Chevrolets.

Of course they will say the Ford brand is shit, and think Chevy is a god tier manufacture and will defend the hell out of it even if there happens to be catastrophic problems with the vehicles under said brand.

Ask them why they think Ford is terrible and they will most likely give you a half assed responce on why they think it's shit.
>"HURRR IT'S UNRELIABLE PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET SAID SO, FIX OR REPAIR DAILY FOUND ON ROAD DEAD XDDDDD".

Now i'm not trying to say Ford is without their problems, they do tend to make shitty stuff from time to time (*cough* ecoboost), but the unreasonable hate is just insane at this point.

ecoboost isn't even shitty, they make great engines to tune from stock, as everything is setup for boost

it just happens to be a retarded marketing term

chevy fantard here:
fuck GM. fuck their service system, fuck their DRM bullshit with ECUs, fuck all that shit. I'll drive what I have, a pre-08 pickup, until it dies but I'll never buy new GM again.
what fucking niggers.

say you were in the market for a new truck, would you go Ford or Dodge?

He makes a solid point. Try not to come across as massive dick sucking homo next time.

I'd probably rather dodge, they're the least fugly and cummins makes a good product.
assuming the transmission doesn't dump a gear set on the freeway I hear they're alright. plus they have good towing and I like the idea of an SRW one ton.

Derge fanboy here.
Toyota would be a more viable option. the most reliable pickup in the market. i wouldn't touch a new dodge with a 10 ft pole.

Exactly my point, shit stick. The post is garbage.

Ram 2500s with the diesel are bretty good though. Only common problem is the water pump fucking up.

The 1500 are the ones you have to look over though.

Completely forgot about Japanese pickups. Not sure if i'd want the Japanese diesel offerings, but the Toyota Tundra with the TRD super seems competitive with an ecoboost.

aren't 24 valve cummins water pumps a fucking whore to fix since cummins gears everything together so the whole front dress has to come off for that shit?

Tacomas are so overpriced in the used truck market though, if you can buy it new it would be far better than getting any used Tacoma.

Let’s see here

From the trucks we’ve had at work
>02 F150
engine blew at 185k, truck was falling apart as well
>09 F150
Already on its 2nd trans, and rear end, cam phasers are really worn, 3rd fuel pump
>two 17 F150’s
Both are having issues where the trans won’t engage

Old Job(mechanic)
>We saw almost 5x more fords in our shop than Chryslers or GMs

Fords family has owned
>moms 02 Mountaineer
Trans failed at 145k, rebuilt it, failed again 30k later, various electrical failures
>grandmothers 06 Five Hundred
Trans started slipping at 120k
>grandmothers 08 Taurus
Trans shifts extremely hard, won’t start if temp is below 30F. No CEL and dealer can’t figure it out

There are good fords out there(had a 79 F250, great truck) but in my experience they’re hit and miss(new ones are more of a miss) than other brands.

>the most reliable pickup in the market
>toyota
trucks.com/2017/06/02/toyota-tacoma-truck-delayed-recall-repairs/
usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2017/04/27/toyota-tacoma-recall/100980084/
money.cnn.com/2017/04/27/news/companies/toyota-recall-rear-axel/index.html
foxnews.com/auto/2017/06/02/toyota-recalls-36000-tacoma-pickups-for-stalling-risk.html
ctvnews.ca/autos/toyota-recalls-250k-tacoma-pickups-in-north-america-1.3387951
carcomplaints.com/Toyota/Tacoma/2014/
nytimes.com/2014/09/30/automobiles/toyota-recalls-790000-tacoma-pickups.html
edmunds.com/car-news/2013-14-toyota-tacoma-recalled-for-potential-engine-failure.html
consumeraffairs.com/automotive/toyota_tundra.html
thecarconnection.com/news/1042568_2010-toyota-tacoma-4wd-trucks-recalled-for-driveshaft-issue
blog.caranddriver.com/690000-toyota-tacomas-recalled-for-leaf-springs-that-could-snap-damage-fuel-tank-and-brake-line/

Stay the fuck away from shityota if you know what's good.

>mfw the provenance of older superduty trucks as tanks is due to the 7.3 motor
>which isn't even a goddamn ford product
>the axles aren't either
>the rest of the truck falls apart around those components
FUCKING WEW

That's fucking awesome! Recalled, unreliable defective shit is gonna cost you more money up front!

So they still never fixed that driveshift problem, or the issue with the rear diff sloshing around?

holy shit.

>toyota
>the only company to fuck up glue

Ok you heard it guys all the trucks fucking suck and aren't worth shit. Lets all get a 3k civic instead.

Fleet trucks are always in decay. I literally never drove a decent fleet truck besides a sprinter van and a transit connect.

>Mountaineer
Literally an explorer
>5th gen Taurus/Same thing but with CVT
Worst Fords in recent memory

As easy as making fun of ICP.

>you cannot criticize that which you love

This makes me think of the episode of Futurama where the Professor got bent by Bender.

Ford didn't go bankrupt. GM and Chrysler did. That should tell you who is the best of the big three.

you know you can manage your money and still make a shit product, right?

Not sure, but we had a problem with the 6.7L Cummins turbo diesel. and of course it was a bitch to fix.

>buying a truck in the year two thousand and seven plus ten.
>"but all the brands suck user!"

:thinking:

Forgive me for not spelling it out for you fetal alcohol babies. It's been common knowledge for years that Lexus is more reliable than Toyota is, even though they're digging through a lot of the same parts bins. But do you really think that Lexus doesn't have tighter tolerances than Toyota? The Lexus LS is made in the Tahara plant, which is known for its exceptionally low failure rate. Meanwhile, the Toyota Yaris is built in...some village in northern France. Giving the same parts to a Japanese engineer at the factory with one of the best track records in the world IS NOT the same as giving them to some peasant with a baguette up his ass.

tl;dr
despite the fact that they use the same parts, there's a good reason why Lexus is more reliable than Toyota

now make like a tree and fuck off, both of you

They took 10yr loans where the interest rate was lower than the rate of inflation. They got free money by sneaky jewing deals with the govt just to avoid receivership so they could market that fact, exactly like how you're doing now. It was from the Dept of Energy too and it was, at face value, supposed to be used to develop new EVs but instead ford redirected it into operating costs so they double-jewed the american tax payer.

>there's a good reason why Lexus is more reliable than Toyota
It's true. There is a reason, and that reason is that "reliability" isn't what you think it is. As per JD Powers, "reliability" is now defined as consumer "satisfaction survey metrics", and then of course Lexus is more "reliable" because half of the reason they buy lexuses is for the "experience" of the sale, not actual reliability (as defined by Webster's dictionary, not Jewish Marketing) of the machine. Lexus uses the same recalled engines, body and chassis as any given shityota branded sibling model.

Holy shit, BTFO

>ecoboost
>not shit
Pick one

bruh, its just a turbo

I drove a Ford Fiesta as a rental for a few weeks while my Civic was being repaired. I fell in love with it. I want a Fiesta as my next car. How is it not a great car? Looks badass, has great fuel economy, runs smooth, small and easy to maneuver.

>I literally know nothing about cars

Get a load of this kid. This ain't DaimlerChrysler anymore, the new Jeeps are bretty gud.

nigga I've been dailying a 2010 focus (180k miles now ) no probs. I've only done general maintenance

Buona sera, Luigi Marcolini, I see you are hard at work defending our great Fiat Chrysler, your daily ration of half a millilitre of pasta sauce will be ready for you at the end of the night.

When will the "Toyota is most reliable" meme die? They make some good vehicles but definitely not trucks. Maybe the land cruiser and Hilux are still good but the tacos, 4rusters and tumblers are trash.

get an ST they are a ton of fun

All of them

kek. Jeeps are far from the worst vehicles you could buy. Give me evidence otherwise (non-Daimler) and I might be convinced.

FCA Jeeps > DaimlerChrysler trash. Who else can you give a diesel SUV with manual in the US?

*can give you

Speak up familia I couldn't hear you over the Chevy Bolt EV's Motor Trend car of the year award!

well if I have to pick one, I'll just pick ecoboost

you giant fucking retard

my parents used to have an old celebrity, thing was solid. Then we bought a dodge and shit hit the fan hard enough for my dad to start buying japanese.

Ford BTFO, how will they ever recover?

Reminder that Chrysler 300s are awesome

Maybe they can shill and samefag even more?

This tbqhf

Every car maker out there now is just trying to steal your money on a reputation that isn’t applicable anymore. Sure, a new car is going to be better on paper than pretty much any car from the 20th century, but either planned obsolescence isn’t a meme, or car makers in general just don’t give a shit about the cars anymore, because people are loyal to brands and will just keep buying whatever shit they excrete.

>a new car is going to be better on paper than pretty much any car from the 20th century
Does your average new car have:
>a choice of interior color
>a choice of powertrain
>comfortable seats with available front bench
>controls that are straightforward and easy to figure out
>interior styling that isn't designed for landwhales
>exterior styling that isn't an angry bar of soap
>a manual transmission
>any low-end horsepower or torque at all
>an engine that's easy to work on
Didn't think so. I don't care about how new cars are faster or have better handling or whatever shit like that, because I'm not in a hurry and even the bargiest of barges can still show some semblance of turning.