Between the Civic and Mazda3, which one would you choose and why?

Between the Civic and Mazda3, which one would you choose and why?

3k civic, no explanation

Civic. Honda is king of 4 cylinders and fwd.

post car busrider

Right under Toyota.

Mazda, you get more bang for your buck. Honda's are supposedly reliable and of higher quality, but my 2008 is an obsolete piece of shit that leaks water when it rains (repaired 5 times under warranty before the warranty ran out, never fixed it. Took it into multiple places). During the winter you can feel cold air coming in through the door switches and in the footwell.

I had a mazda 3 before my current car and it was much much nicer.

3k civic

Civic, by miles.

more power in stock form, and easy as hell to gain even more power from the turbocharged engine.

the mazda is a weak little girl car.

>cvt

are you fucking retarded?

No, I just don't think the civic offers a decent automatic transmission in terms of performance, which 99% of the US drives dipshit.

who the fuck buy an automatic civic for performance? thats what the Si and type R are for, twerp.

Begin from Germany it always surprises me how much Americans are into Japanese cars. Don't get me wrong - i also think there are many excellent Japanese cars (among them the 2 OP mentioned), but why for example doesn't OP ask for the Ford Focus too?

because ford focus in America do not have the same quality as those built in Europe. if im not mistaken, theyre built in Mexico.

>greetings from germany!
Ford focus is pretty much guaranteed to last less than 5 years whereas even the shittiest of shitty honda civics last 10

So it seems like Americans are more concerned about their investment in cars. Because most Germans are aware that when they buy something like a VW or Ford those cars will usually cause more trouble than a Toyota or Honda, but yet they buy them.

it's kinda like, "why should i spend 22k for a ford focus ST at the dealership, when i'm gonna pay an extra 3k on repairs in the next few years" vs "i could get a honda civic for 22k and it won't need outrageous repairs in the next 5 years"

depends. i'd rather get the Golf GTI myself, knowing it will be more problematic than a civic Si.

Mazda. Because you don't want to be thrown in with the Honda kids

And because Honda never won Le Mans.

Last gen civic, they looked better. If I buy either of these it would be for a comfy-ish commuter with decent fuel economy, not a performance car like some idiots here think they are.

3 apex seals have been deposited in your Zoom Zoom account.

They're both basically the same, get the Honda for cheaper parts, labor, and better resale value though.

Mazda 3 hatchbacks with larger wheels look amazing.

787 a best!

ecu can be swapped on cvt and manual though for kpro hondata.

I really like new 3s over the new Civics, especially the ergonomics. Shame that Mazda patched out the exploit to side load Android Auto

Since what year this century has Toyota made a fast 4banger?

I like the looks of the Mazda more, both inside and out.

You're spoilt for choice in Europe, I was at an automotive expo last month and realized just how many manufacturers compete in this segment.
For the record I found the Peugeot 308 the nicest to be in and to look at, but if I had to buy one with my own money and testdrive each car that can change.

>fast
>4banger
Doesn't exist, and the point of 4cyl engines is to be economical, not fast. Exceptions exist, such as the porsche 718s, but they're still built around economy with performance second in the mind.

Ironically youre talking about two cars that 80% of their problems would be solved by just getting a standard transmission.

And yet civics are faster on paper and on laptimes.

3k civic. Buying a new econobox is retarded.

>doesn't exist
>exceptions exist

How does it feel being literally retarded?

Another educated American here to tell us that a 4cyl car can't be fast

Top of the line 2018 Mazda 3 vs Civic EX?.

Is the mid range civic better than the best mazda 3?

They're both shit. Get a civic for 3k or spend your 25k on a nicer used car.

So i'm fucked, I want a new car but i'm limited to 20k.

Its between Forte, Mazda 3, Civic, Elantra and Focus.

you can only get crap new cars under 20k man. Buy a used lexus or a used camry/accord.

>what is civic type-r(ape)

just get a couple years old mazda6 dude

Mazda for the auto, civic for the manual

Mazda because I'd rather fund the company that is actually trying to save the internal combustion engine

Have you taken yours into spirited driving? How does it handle?

tough choice, both are the best in their class. I'd get the Civic because it's the newer model.

I'm new, but even I can spot this bait

LoL, everyone is europe says the same thing, just backwards. I think Ford just sucks now.

>don't buy a new or cpo car with nothing to worry about for the next five years, buy a used 2006 that will need work immediately after you buy it instead
I'd suggest waiting until SkyactivX (tm) before dropping money on any of them. Just another year, stick with your current shitbox.

Mazda is gonna be cheaper because Honda doesn’t do rebates but Honda holds its value. If you don’t plan on keeping for a long time just lease a civic for like 200 a month and call it good. Even if you’re a broke boi u can probably afford a new civic lease. I had a mazdaspeed 3 and regretted buying it because the ride was stupid rough and that sporty factor that made it fun made it annoying quick

Like the other poster said, wait for skyactive-x. The 2.0 gets around 187 hp and 171lb of torque on the 2.0 probably more so with the 2.5

It also has more noise reduction, which is basically them most important part about it. A whole 30%, which is a lot considering the mazda3 sounded like a cardboard box on the freeway.

I think the focus is actually a good car you just need a manual transmission. The autos are awful they fail between 60-110km and it's a full rebuild when they do.

Pretty good, feels lighter on its feet than the Civic X

That's the sound deadening, not the engine. Not everything has to be a goddamn gay ass luxury sports car. Mazdas are sporty family cars and that's fine.

The 2017s already have much better sound deadening

Mazda > Civic

>buy civic for 3k
>spend 1k or less on it yearly
Or
>Buy new shitbox for 20k
>5k down immediately
>3k yearly for the next 5 years not including insurance and tax.

The choice should be obvious.

>annoyed at a car because its too quick

what

American Focus is a shit car.

All performance trims of the Focus are built in Europe, even for the American market, because the third world manufacturing facilities Ford uses in Mexico are absolute trash tier facilities for QA/QC. Chevy is no different; there are no American brands that build quality, reliable, budget-oriented cars that don't leak oil after 50k miles.

...do people actually think entry-level mass-market compact sedans are legitimately performance-oriented?

That's just foolish.

If we're talking brand new, I'd take a civic Hatch in sport trim

They can smoke the fuck out of most other cars with just a few simple mods

Never said the engine was quieter, just that the 2019 will have better sound deadening / noise reduction.

Mazda 3 every day. Better all-round car. I've owned 2 and probably will buy a 3rd

The Civic is more refined, the 3 is more "fun"

Civic because Honda is better than Mazda 100% of the time

If you’re into hatches, a Mazda 3 can be nice (coup looks boring imho), plus my 2005 is still running to this day with little to no maintenance cause I’m a lazy cunt

That's absolute bullshit. They don't make Focuses in Mexico. The models sold in the US are American built except for the performance models which are built in Saarlouis, Germany.

Mexican Ford plants, especially Ford Hermosillo have higher quality products with less failures per unit than American factories because they're newer plants and aren't staffed by UAW meth head trash. The only competently run Ford plant stateside is the Kentucky truck plant.