What do you guys think about the drift stick Ford just released for the Focus RS?

What do you guys think about the drift stick Ford just released for the Focus RS?
It bolts in next to your handbrake and when pulled it opens the rear clutch pack and applies rear brakes to make the tail end slide around even more.

It's $999 and it doesn't affect your warranty. Why is Ford so based? Pretty sure this just confirms the fact that the Focus RS is the best enthusiast car on the market today.

>enthusiast car
Basically FWD.

It can send 70% of its power to either the rear or a single rear tire. How is that basically fwd?

It's a Haldex copy that can send 30% less power to the rear than Haldex can.

Nice, talking shit when you know nothing about the subject.
Haldex can only do more than a 50/50 split when the front wheels lose traction. To get 100% in the rear the front wheels have to have pretty much 0 traction.
Also haldex can only do "torque vectoring" by applying the rear brakes compared to the RS which does real torque vectoring.

Driving a domestic for anything other than hauling

It’s only worth if it doesn’t void the warranty

That's pretty cool actually.

It doesn't.
I hope this gets reverse engineered. This may save the electronic e-brake from being trash-tier.

Fuck off shill

>haldex
uhh no sweetie, look up what these words mean before you type them

>I don’t have an argument, so I’ll just post a reaction image
The only thing you’re missing is reddit spacing, and that’s probably just because you didn’t have enough to say.

80%

Wtf i love breaking my leg against a piece of metal in a minor collision now!

>I hope this gets reverse engineered. This may save the electronic e-brake from being trash-tier.
I bet someone will copy it because it seems pretty simple overall. The only complicated part of it is the rear clutch pack disconneciton but that's focus RS specific.
The part that locks up the rear wheels is just telling the ABS system to send max pressure to just the rear brakes which should be possible on nearly every car out there.

Cool

Now guys in their 30s can blow the diff quicker trying to show off

>getting discontinued
haha holy shit

It disengages the clutches in the rear drive unit. How would this blow the diff?
It was always planned to be a 3 year run since the day it was announced.

wtf I love Ford now

RS3 is also more expensive than the Focus RS. And slower than the AMG GLA45

Reengaging the rear clutches at high rpm when you drop the stick.

Literally happens all the time even without this.
The RDU is designed to constantly be adjusting itself for torque vectoring.

>Audisteer
At least the RS can turn

>Arabic numbers
How appropriate

Yeah, we know the RS3 can turn. What about the Ford? "v)

Orders are open december 1st. Perfect for my christmas present to me
Now to find somewhere i can use it, seriously how are there no empty parking lots near me

Have to say ferd is slowly getting good. Stopped caring about bench racing with camaro, made mustang funner/overall better DD than other pony cars, included the tuner turbo 4 cyl on stang for the ricer kids, have factory upgrade performance that wont void warranty's, now this for the RS. Just hope they dont get rid of their V8's and keep improving them and not jew out on their warranties and cost cutting measure that can create recalls on their cars..

LEL any audi turning please leave. That is if your audi can take the turn out this thread without curbing itself.

Ford has been based since Henry tbqh senpai.

>Haldex copy
>Implying it isn't just stolen sh-awd Honda magic

or you could have just got a mustang and simply gave it some throttle

It's because it's made by Ford of Europe. By Brits and Germans mostly. We get fun cars that are actually good. Instead of caveman muricans going "engine big, good". And bolt that to a skelter frame and glue some plastic bodywork onto that.

>overpriced volksvagen
>being completly cucked to next dimension by driving aids
>driving poorfag badgewhore brands
>fwd
>audisteer
>goes from 500,000 car to 5000 car as soon as you drive it off the lot
>goes from 5000 car to 300 car in 4 years
you were right in one thing.
Putting a picture of a vagshit next to "haha holy shit"

Its okay user, just because Europe hasn't made an affordable, powerful v8 in ever doesn't mean you have to take it out on yourself. Just stick to your Oil baby car fantasies and keep pretending moms x5 is a race car.

>drift
>ford focus

wut

>applies rear brakes
so the same as my civic's handbrake? wow

Woah is that the new ford hoon handle?

A handbrake is cable actuated which means it's generally too slow to do a good handbrake drift. This is more like a hydraulic handbrake you find in rally cars since it uses the ABS system.
It also turns off AWD so you can keep on the power without wrecking your rdu.

eh m8 all i have to do is open the throttle more and my car slides around like fuck. why would i use the breaks, im not trying slow down?

>not being patriotic enough to buy cars made by his own country.

>filled to the brim with designed-by-salesmen bullshit
>red turn signals
>PRND
>plants are in Mexico
>the only "Americans" profiting are Jewish higher-ups

>PRND
You realize that these are manual only right?

>It also turns off AWD so you can keep on the power

Basically FWD.

I'd consider a Mustang/Camaro/Corvette if I needed a new weekend car.

But yeah, buying an American econobox is pretty foolish.

Why even bother asking Veeky Forums?
You know how these retards are gonna react.

Drifting is ghey! The focus rs is a meme car and sucks even though I can't explain why.

Also it's not part of the Veeky Forums hivemind car list so bawwwwwww

>$45k car
>econobox
I’m looking looking forward to your incoming mental gymnastics.

Are you fucking retarded?

Nope.

It's a FWD fake AWD grocery getter hatchback, Just like Golfs have been for over a decade now just overpriced and less reliable.

>Overheats when driven hard
>"REEEEEE HIVEMIND REEEEEEE"

Dumb faggot

I meant mental gymnastics about how it’s an econobox, not a shitty post about why it don’t like it. Try again retard.

Whats that? Hivemind?

Anyone who drops $40K+ on a Focus should KTS

>more and more components beign outsourced by the year
>more and more plants being opened overseas
>more and more cars being built elsewhere only for Cletus McCormick XV to shove a transmission and engine into a chassis from MExico and call it "American"

When did Ford become the official brand of boyracers?

Idk at the autocross I went to the two stock focus RSs there were pulling some pretty great times. One was second only to a gtr.

since everyone else stopped making their boyracer cars

Cool

>>potentially committing a felony by sliding into a crowd of people instead of just forking over $999 to ford

how does it fell to have terminal autisim?

Ford is fucking retarded.
>pandering this hard

lad

>a business sells people what they want
>hurr

>drift stick
take my life away

I think alot of pedestrians are going to be slid into and then ford is going to have a fucking giant lawsuit for putting an enthusiast part on a street car purchased by normies.

>not using just a standar handbrake stick with new pads
>using complex electronic computer differential shit when all that was needed was a few extra rear brake pads
>electronic clutch pack based centre differential and a drift mode, but it never sends 100% power to the rear wheels

What's the point.

If ford allowed free use of centre differential power delivery, and easily let you use 100% to the front or the rear it would be a much more interesting car.

>What do you guys think about the drift stick Ford just released for the Focus RS?
Your car insurance company will look up the VIN and see your car has the STREET RACING PACKAGE and HOONING PACKAGE and SPEEDING MINDSET ATTITUDE and ROAD RACER mindset. To an insurance company, a driver is higher risk when s/he willingly purchases and installs street racing hardware.

As an OEM gear purchase in new cars, that shows the mindset of the driver is risky and thus the rates should be increased for OTHER cars that driver also uses and not just the Focus RS.

They need to put them on mustangs

>an aftermarket part shows up on a vin check

>stop being an enthusiast and a high risk driver you faggots!!!11!

Just what we need, more morons in new cars who think they're invincible AND an enabling "pull lever 2 du a sik drift!!1" feature.

Inb4 someone's kid kills himself or someone else and Angry Mothers United Over Stupid Preventable Bullshit sues the fuck out of Ford.

ford isn't liable for what people do

>dismissing the best hot hatch in the world

Here, have a meme reaction image

>buying an AWD for muh drifts

The RS is a good car but anyone who thinks like this is a fucking retard

FURD
>charging NINE HUNDRED NINTEY NINE DOLLARS
>for a hydraulic handbrake

FURD
>makes a fwd hatchback
>gives it half assed awd
>give it drift features

WHO DOES THIS SHIT?!?!?!

Have you never heard of hydraulic handbrakes for awd rally cars? That is pretty much what this is.