Who makes up all these road rules? It's retarded

Who makes up all these road rules? It's retarded.

Every frogpost on this board was started by a retard. Ever notice that? There was the one guy who couldn't drive in a straight line. They can't pass the test. They can't buy a car. They can't afford insurance. This retard can't read signs and understand. Kill yourself. Fucking faggots.

Boomers

We don't have enough road rules.

Deal with it norman

We don't have the right road rules.

What's wrong with the current road rules? They're clear enough to prevent assholes from doing shit and obscure enough for me to get away with mild hooning

We have too many road rules, but the important ones aren't enforced enough.

We should enforce speeding over 1mph the speed limit and jail everyone who breaks them.

Come down to Florida if you hate road rules as we have a shortage of highway patrol officers to enforce them.

Judging from the local traffic everyone who can't drive has already moved to Florida to make use of the enforcement shortage.

All the road rules here in MI are fine the way they are. Only complaint is speed limits could use a universal bump by 15mph more.

Most speed limits on expressways are bullshit. Cars today can handle 100 mph with ease, and the curves are gentle enough to take it. Why do people defend this shit despite not following it themselves?

You know safety priorities are screwed up when someone gets berated for edging into the triple digits on an empty interstate with full alertness by someone who sits in the passing lane, uses the phone, eats, and neglects vehicle maintenance, but it's okay since they're doing it all within 5 mph in the speed limit.

The only thing I have a problem with is how easy it is to get a license and how not easy it is to lose it, in the US of course.

In most places where local expressways in particular have been rebuilt in the past 50 years the corners are almost always built to be ergonomically taken doing no more than the speed limit. Same goes for on/off ramps. There are some exceptions but it's pretty rare. Noise and air pollution as well as increased gas prices due to demand are also issues that higher speeds can lead to.

Braking distance is exponential and the autobahn has 3 times the death rate per capita of UK highways because sudden stops at high speeds are objectively more deadly and catastrophic. "Driving in the passing lane" is bullshit in America because half the exits are to the left and because because most expressways have to accommodate hundreds of thousands of vehicles every day which can only be accomplished with fuckhuge roads where keeping right is impossible.

As for vehicle maintenance everyone will just complain about it being a tax and a violation of their rights. Modified car owners are just as bad for this shit as people who don't know a single thing about maintenance; I wouldn't trust a single one I know to stop driving their boi racer shitheaps/stanced abominations/promod objectively unusable dragsters on roads if it meant repealing speed limits and they'd still complain the government and police are just jealous power hungry assholes and want nothing more then to ruin their day and keep them down. It's an American problem that won't go away anytime soon.

Not to mention how expensive everything would be to make this safe. In Germany sales taxes are 19% on top of fuel being twice as expensive and every other vehicle tax imaginable keeping decent vehicles out of the hands of the 99% in a country of over 80 million legal citizens investing all of the money in a space smaller than Texas. Not to mention the availability of workers to maintain everything despite the roads being perpetually under construction due the the abuse.

Thanks for the reasonable response. I've always wondered whether or not a suggested speed system where speed is a secondary offense could work far away from population centers since America has hundreds of miles of highways in the middle of nowhere. I guess you'd still have the fuel demand, braking, and road wear issues though.

It always seemed silly to be restricted to 70 mph on a straight highway with no one else on it. This is starting to seem like one of those things where if it's just me doing it, it isn't a problem. But if you have thousands of people doing 100 mph even without traffic, then you might have some issues.

I just wanted to go a little faster...

buy a Miata, then 70 MPH will feel like 100

ive done 100mph in this and came out ok

so im pretty sure 100mph aint shit and most broken shitboxes can do it

If you are commuting, you have an obligation to help others have a safe commute. If you want to sanic, get a Valentine One and modernize it, go find a rural area, do a scouting run in each direction to ensure the road has no surprises and note the location of problem areas like driveways, and then go sanic. We already cover in 1 minute what would take us 20 minutes on foot with 60mph.

90% of traffic on the autobahn is doing a binary if either 50 or 80mph. The former being what trucks are governed to by law and people wanting to save gas and the latter being the advisory speed. Lots of accidents and emergency braking happen when merging cars physically can't get up to speed with traffic in the curb lane so they've started widening the most busy sections to six lanes to help reduce lane changes and keep the fast traffic out of the way of merging trucks and shitboxes. It's uncommon to actually have someone exceed the advisory speed but it feels like a lot do since they end up passing you frequently. Drivers who exceed it have higher if not complete liability in an accident (i.e. if you go wangan speed and can't stop for someone moving out to pass who literally couldn't see you because you were driving so fast, RIP your wallet assuming either of you live) and most people you see on YouTube don't respect the rules at all. Tailgating alone is worth an immediate 3 month license suspension and racing is still illegal. Racing would also probably encompass other laws being broken as well (failure to yield, impeding traffic flow, etc.)

I'll immediately blame rich foreigners who treat the road like a racetrack and don't respect German law when the speed limits are implemented and the already present photo radar which is there to enforce temporary limits starts nailing everyone doing 1km/h over.

>missing the point completely

One cheeky wangan boi surviving pushing his shitbox to the limit on a shitty American highway doesn't mean repealing speed limits is a good idea

>emissions and inspection laws
for why?

I live in PA, and I am glad there are inspections. I don't want some oblivious cunt driving 70 mph in the rain with bald tires and worn out brake pads. If you take care of your car, inspections aren't a big deal.

Emissions, I don't care too much. As long as it isn't smoking like a chimney.

yeah, inspection I can kinda see, maybe. it just depends.
I've been to inspection places where if it didn't look brand-ass new, it failed and some where as long as the car wasn't falling apart bluesmobile style, it passed.
emissions I don't give a flying fuck if it smokes like a steam train or not, fuck the ozone I'd rather have dual-quads.

I thought there was a lot of road rules. Than I became a pilot, and realized the roads are more free than the air.

Not if you believe that one dude from Canada's Worst Driver