Car radio thread

what are some good 1 din radios?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/BOSS-Audio-BV9362BI-Touchscreen-Bluetooth/dp/B005EWTKAA/
crutchfield.com/m_266150/Car-Stereos.html
crutchfield.com/p_105KDR970B/JVC-KD-R970BTS.html
crutchfield.com/p_105KWR925B/JVC-KW-R925BTS.html
amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=electronics&field-keywords=Car Equalizer
factoryradioservice.com/honda-accord-cd-radio-with-aux-input-p-225.html
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CKYH9Q2/ref=psdcmw_10980601_t1_B000OOU9QW
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

wat iz gud radeo wit touch screan an nav?

Know of any 1 Din cassette decks? Replacing the CD drive for one

Pioneer MVH-390BT

Keep it stock. If the stock one dies then replace it with another oem one.

>bail out GM vehicle
>keep radio stock

no.

MVH-190UI
Cost like 50 bucks and sounds great, lots of functions. Only downside is no DAB and no Bluetooth - that costs extra.

Also its really shallow so it fits pretty much everywhere.

Forgot pic.
Blends in really nicely with 90s interiors.

And no CD player.
I know this won't bother everyone, but it makes a head unit a no go for me, so I'm mentioning it anyway.

Well what do you need then?
What budget?
Preferred brands?
Any specific looks (retro/rave lightshow/plain)?

The DEH-X7800DAB is pretty much everything you can get in a head unit but it costs around 140.

Bought this boi for 15 euros.
The "there are no decent looking aftermarket car radios" meme is just a meme after all.

It has an aux jack. That's all you need.

Also,
>buying gm

>aux jack
That shit stop working years ago. No recall though.

>buying GM
Yeah I knew it when I bought it but to be fair I did get a decent deal on my recall machine.

/thread

>car is broken
>complains but doesn't fix it
Cancer

>radio is broke
>wants new radio
>asks for assistance in radio thread

whats the problem, m8?

Name?

Model numbers in the lower left of the unit chief

amazon.com/BOSS-Audio-BV9362BI-Touchscreen-Bluetooth/dp/B005EWTKAA/

Would this be a good buy? I mean it's pretty cheap and has SD, USB, and Bluetooth for only $100

Which is barely readable

DEH-80PRS

It's not all you need if you have a sound system. Stock head units have shit in the way of equalizing and sub tuning etc

>adding a sub
underage b&

>amazon.com/BOSS-Audio-BV9362BI-Touchscreen-Bluetooth/dp/B005EWTKAA/
>claims 4x80W which is very much out of this price range
>no digital interface, only analog video
>usb mini instead of micro
>rear metal sheet and sockets look like .2 cent from china

IMO looks outdated and never go cheap with touchscreens, theyre usually very unresponsive and like to break - especially when theyre outdated.

>bought this head unit to replace shitty Jap one in my car
>haven't installed it yet because don't know how to
>not gonna pay double what I paid for the head unit to get it installed

What do?

Whats the model of that head unit? looks nice
Anyway, what car do you drive?
Usually you literally just grab the head unit and firmly pull on it. If its an OEM head unit you sometimes have to remove some screws behind interior covers. The covers also just pop off.
Depending on year on model of your car you might need an DIN or ISO adapter for the wiring loom.

I'm getting a car made in '87 (so analog wiring), but want to get a double-din HU, preferably with built-in nav (shitty data plan before "just use ur phone lol).

Any suggestions?

Some chink android head unit, they usually have built-in GPS modules
Search "Android head units" on google

Download the maps on your phone? google maps can do that.

>Android head unit
most of those still use google maps and some also require a sim card. And using a Chinese google maps ripoff wont end well.

You can use Waze as well, also you can connect to your home wifi to download maps or directions through the head unit

>Whats the model of that head unit? looks nice
Kienzle MCR-1016BT

seems to only be available in europe

lol not rly

I have an Eonon...I fucking love the piece of shit.

cheers

I have been eyeballing a chink double din head unit Bluetooth, aux and all that jazz, but the one in the car is 20x18,5.
Everywhere I look, it says that the head unit is 2 din (polo 9n3), and by all accounts the head unit should fit, however I am very sceptical due to the 1 cm difference between my head unit and the official 2 sin measurement.
What am I doing wrong?

That is really nice.

>buy old rare radio thats condition "unknown"
>it was surprise, fucked.
>sent it off to get repaired
>"too old, too fucked, sorry m8"
> :'(
>sits in the bottom of the cupboard
>buy a decent old car radio
>get a better version of the car
>start browsing for old cool radios to go in the car that are cooler than the one in the now pats car
>keep thinking of the cool fucked one
>whilst browsing for radios to buy come across ebay seller
>has a bunch of old cool radios
>message him about the one in my cupboard
>says he'll take a look
>post it to him (aus to the UK) $100000000000
>gets it
>says he can fix it
>says he actually got it to power up
>says parts are expensive, and time will be huge
>says he'll do it for minimum labour due to loving working on old bespoke decks like this one

i
am
fucking
excited.

hope he gets it working, he's going to send me a video hopfully within the next week or so.

>kenwood krc99
>very similiar OR the same (but different name due to different market) as the kenwood krc999 MKII
>visually, they look identical.

It was the best on 2013,now is kinda mehh

crutchfield.com/m_266150/Car-Stereos.html

at the very least it's good to look at some of the different models

>Kienzle MCR-1016BT

what is your car exactly?

Blaupunkt vintage are asthetic as fuck

Forgot pic

Got one of these

it was the only least gay looking one I could find.

any one know of other headunit with similar styling?

alright so I bought a cassette deck for my car, gonna buy a cassette deck for my house too so that I can record some music. is the luxman K-106 good for recording and whatnot

I bought this off a sale for like $40. It works great and goes well with the green interior. I wish I shelled $20 more for the bluetooth one. But, oh well.
That looks nice.

That's the same damn thing as the Kienzle

>Whats the model of that head unit?

What the other user said, except I live in Australia and over here it's under the brand "Response". Looks pretty much the exact same except it's green lights instead of orange on the buttons.

My car is a 1999 R34 Skyline, it doesn't have the OEM head unit, the one currently in the car is a single DIN. At first I was told that I may need an adapter, but now I apparently don't need one. I'm just worried about breaking anything because I have to pull out the plastic covers on the console and around the shifter as well as apparently the climate control and center air vents.

So get a new OEM unit

What do you guys put in the other slot?

got any ideas?

or is having a storage cavity the only other real option?

that's what I currently have with a microfibre stuffed inside but I don't really like the cavity look.

Put in a panel with a couple of extra gauges or knobs

EQ if you want more control over your stereo

I just keep my phone in the lower half.

No cupholders or anything so its really the only place to put it.

another cassette player

A good sound system is nice you fag. I'm not talking 2 15s or even 2 12s. Just good, more supplemental bass, upgraded speakers all around, good amps, etc. And it's nice to be able to tune that where you want it from the drivers seat on the head unit.

what is that???? looks so good. i feel like it isn't available in the us lol

This
Some people like listening to good sound, I know a car is a horrible environment for good sound, but when I'm just cruising or stuck in traffic, I'd like my music to not sound like it's coming from a boom box from the 90s in my back seat

I'm looking to get a headunit for my daily, nothing special. I'm between two JVC units; the KD-R970BTS and the KW-R925BTS. Is there a reason to get or not to get a double din? I'm not looking or anything too fancy, but I feel like double dins look more OEM. Prices are similar.

links: crutchfield.com/p_105KDR970B/JVC-KD-R970BTS.html
crutchfield.com/p_105KWR925B/JVC-KW-R925BTS.html
pic related is the double din in question

That only looks decent in a very late 90's car at most, still not enough for a lot of people. It's not a meme kid, the struggle is real. I'm sorry you have Mexican taste.

That's perfect because it's where it belongs; relatively old cars with cassette and/or CD player only.
Why would you change the head unit for a new car when it already comes with bluetooth etc?

Double din looks better in a double din slot, if you have to have a storage cubby in the dash then get a single din

Sony XAV-AX100 for a double DIN, looks a lot cleaner.

Is there an english version of the Kienzle radios that I don't know about?

he doesn't want Android auto, he wants a simple unit, the AX100 is a basic bitch AA/CP unit anyways, the Pioneers and JVCs are better

The continental posted here and the Response posted here are very similar to the Kienzle

Should I shill out for this set up in muh supra

Yep

I don't get it, they're all shitty head units with resistive touch screens and slow response time otherwise. The Sony XAV-AX100 has been well reviewed.

The Continental head unit AFAIK is still in German and the Jaycar Response is discontinued.

the fedora of decks

Elaborate , never heard of this meme

Have you seen the YouTube clips though? It's sloppy and it doesn't have the features like the pioneer unit, especially the spatial eq and dsp tuning per speaker, also the Sony's rcas are 2V as opposed to 4V

I'm going to be honest, the only thing I really give a shit about is flat frequency response so most EQ features are 100% worthless to me. I don't need a bass boost or anything.

But I do value a good amp, it's hard to design a good one that has uniform gain in the passband with few ripples and clean roll-off with good stability.

While we're on the subject, are Kienzle/VDO/Continental head units solid for sound quality? I don't need crazy EQ everything, I just want Bluetooth/aux on a car that has some old as shit Pioneer head unit that is cassette only.

its a namefag, just ignore it.

period correct after market radio's are the only option.

A dmr

Why buy one of those cheap shit looking decks? Just get an amp and run a bluetooth to RCA right into it. You don't need a deck if all you use is aux/bluetooth.

Because the point of the head unit is so I don't need to fuck with a bunch of random bullshit? I don't want to go and spec a display and put everything together. And the goal is for it to look like it belongs. Design matters and it's dumb to have some blue LED tron head unit covered in glossy cheap plastic.

It just needs to drive some OEM speakers and sound like OEM. I'm playing some 320 kbps MP3s so I don't have to listen to random pop on the radio.

And don't kid yourself here, the BOM of these head units is like 50 dollars tops for a high-end unit. A Kienzle is like 140 USD, a comparable Alpine head unit is like 160.

>bunch of random bullshit
It's two wires, and REMOVES a bunch of random bullshit

> And the goal is for it to look like it belongs
Those Continental/Kienzle/etc. look like they belong in a fleet truck from 2003. Just because it doesn't look like an alien spacecraft control panel doesn't make it look good.

That looks like shit, especially considering that it looks to have no microphone, no SD reader, no USB support, no radio tuner, etc. The list goes on.

If you honestly believe that a Continental unit looks out of place on your average late 90s/early 2000s German car you're reaching pretty badly.

Where did you get it I've been looking for some time. Just swap it in yourself

The MCR 1016BT is deprecated, you can't fidn them for sale anymore.

The replacement is the Kienzle MCR 1116BT. You can buy them off ebay or Amazon.de.

>Can't get any of these simple design radios stateside

Why?

There are some importers but honestly it's cheaper to just buy off a German seller and deal with international shipping.

have one of these, replaced stock stereo in my shitbox civic with it, breddy good now that I have aux and bluetooth instead of just a shitty cassette player and cig lighter fm transmitters
it's less than 300 on amazon iirc

no

What's a good looking 2 din analog radio that doesn't look like I bought it in the most neon filled alley of Tokyo? I have a shitty toyota touch radio in my tacoma and hate the fuck out of it. Touch radios are cancer.

Have the same one in my Miat, blends perfectly with the interior.

Gents, i give you..the panasonic cockpit. One on the bay for like 300$ now.

I just got this. Bretty nice. Anyone wanting these euro units needs to check ebay sellers in Germany and Ukraine.

They need to make a modern tech version of this it seems so badass

this

amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=electronics&field-keywords=Car Equalizer

First gen CR-V?

I stack my phone and wallet in mine. Keeps them nicely.

no it doesnt
as far as aftermarket radios go that looks the same as any other one, not good

I feel like basically the only options that look good are truck radios and stuff like the VDO/Continental/Kienzle units.

>not just getting the cheapest one with bluetooth, USB, and aux you can find

€55 and it works just as you would expect.

my gen 7 accord euro doesnt have aux or bluetooth, how can I add either to my OEM head unit? I have pic related, and I can buy some shit that plugs in for $50 or something, but it's definitely not worth that.
I just want aux man, it even has a button saying aux and people ask me for it all the time, feels bad

factoryradioservice.com/honda-accord-cd-radio-with-aux-input-p-225.html

Find your head unit model. There's probably a comparable service near you.

Don't be a cheap fuck. Get one of these
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CKYH9Q2/ref=psdcmw_10980601_t1_B000OOU9QW

Or get the equivalent in a Kenwood. Alpine decks last forever I have one that is over 10 year old now.

>recommending anything but mechless

More shit to go wrong, more things to complicate wire routing. Why?

And so many of those head units look like garbage, would it kill these companies to try a little harder to make something that looks OEM?

Not sure what complicates wire routing with it. Like I said alpine decks last forever. Last one I had was in three different cars over 10 years. The eq is controlled with an alpine app. Makes it very easy to tune the audio with a parametric eq. Cheap head units sound like ass. Also have a kenwood amp that is over 10 years old and still works. The alpine 149bt is great for the price. When I bought it was 350$.

>Cheap head units sound like ass.
So you're saying I not only need to buy a €200+ head unit, I also have to upgrade the speakers, put an amp in and sound proof the car, so you can actually hear the difference?
So you're talking €700+ if you put it in yourself. That's kinda a lot for just some music.

>this model's external AUX installation will be $65 +shipping and handling in the US
uh.... $100 au for an aux cord... no thanks, I would honestly just attack the board with a soldering iron or something. There's no other way, no cheap input plug I can smack in?