/tesg/ ~ The Elder Scrolls General

>Is Skyrim Special Edition worth it?
No. SKSE and ENB will never be updated to work with it.

>Should I play Skyrim Special Edition or Legendary Edition?
Legendary Edition. You got your answer. Don't ask this question again in the thread.

>Mods, modding GUIDES, and FAQs
tesgeneral.com/
>Found a problem or have a suggestion? Use the "Contact" button at the top right of the site!
>The Booru
vgtes.booru.org/
>The Lewd Booru (Use the filter if you find a picture objectionable)
booru.Legacywaste.org/

>/tesg/'s characters
imgur.com/a/YSUMg
>/tesg/ stories
pastebin.com/wt4tJyKW
>/tesg/ tumblrs
pastebin.com/iZJ2DT2a

>Lore and Lore Accessories
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Books

>/tesg/'s sister threads:
- Elder Scrolls Online General
- Veeky Forums's Weekend Lore General
- Lewd General

>Thread was created with incorrect OP or a lot earlier than post?
Ignore and report; Wait for a correct thread to be made.

Remember to ignore and report shitposters.

Elder Thread:

ONLY 8/10 OR BETTER WAIFUS ALLOWED IN THIS THREAD

I plan to make them all followers eventually, just depends on when it happens and who.

>29 year old women are boys now
remove this

How do I absorb the dragon's power? I have killed two and none of them gave me shit

Do animations of the FNIS Overwrite files go before or after the ones from the Bashed Patch?
Is it irrelevant?

I'm about to beat you up, I swear on me mum

HOLY FUCK!

It should happen automatically. Either your toaster is experiencing script lag, miraak is stealing said power, you haven't started the main quest or you have a mod messing with absorption.

I don't think I have any mod installed.
How do I know if miraak is stealing it?

What race of mer is this?

before
but it doesn't really matter

The overratedmer, also known as mememer

do you have skyrim unbound

Merboo

You would see him doing so.

So how does /tesg/ like Beyond Skyrim:Bruma?

Oh! Ooh! I know this one! Animer.

It's okay, annoyed I'm going back through the starting area though

it's shit

Pretty good but the correct answer is Left-handed Elf, because your right hand will be busy, namsayin?

He isn't then.
I have just realized that I have a lot of mods installed, I already disabled the unofficial ones
I loaded the saved game and it still doesn't work

I've only heard people complain about it to be honest. It does what it says it does and adds what it says it adds but because it's an open City it hits performance extremely hard and causes a lot of crashes. I've also heard people complain about the fact that it makes the Oblivion hero canonically a human male.

General question though unrelated to bruma, does anybody know if there are mods that improve the look of closed Helms such as the Dawnguard helm? I mean it's great that they look like they provide a lot more protection than open-faced home but at the same time it really sucks that I have to give up seeing all of my character customization when wearing it.

What kind of Mer is this?

iirc he teleports in and has a dialogue line while it happens, its pretty obvious

Uninspired and generic - just like oblivion.

Also, why aren't there any proper quests?

I'd like it more if I didn't crash alot.
Wonder if cleaning the mod will fix any issues.

Alright.

What about Fores New Idles and XP3D Skeletons?
I'm using Archery Gameplay Overhaul and Character Behaviors Enhanced.

I thought I had fixed this problem the other day, but it still haunting me.

It has some nice outfits I'm going to pinch out of it. I'll wait to try the actual quest until it's a bit more stable.

Cat!

By the way thanks for recommending those feminine Khajiit textures to me the other day. I realized when I was looking at the screenshots they actually have a furry stomach option so I'm using those and tell your texture mod comes out.

Powering through it for storytime screenshots, since Bruma is significant to Amy's story.

Other than that, I really wish the Beyond Skyrim team wasn't so hellbent on open cities, that's 99.9% of their CTD right there.

So I generally disapprove of slutwear in all instances, but I have to admit it is pretty appropriate for Serana. I'm thinking of giving her some new armor but I'm just not sure what really fits her character. Any suggestions?

Oh no problem dude. Glad I could help.
You should show off your character whenever you can.

I finally got down the mountain...by heading in the opposite direction of Bruma. Currently at a bandit camp near a pretty river.

b-b-b-but open cities have nothing to do with the ctd... they very stable...

That is a pretty cool outfit.

I would rather like to have it in uunp...

What I got is better than vanilla, but that's not exactly saying much. The sad fact of the matter is that for Khajiit and argonians there isn't a huge amount of variance to be found. You can do new textures but most facial configurations are going to be subtle enough people won't notice a huge difference. That and the selection for hairstyles that are compatible and actually look good on the Beast races really cuts down on my options

So what I'm saying is my character feels like she's not unique and interesting enough yet to show her off. Just another generic Khajiit.

It's from Oblivion, I'm just posting some screenshots I have saved. Here's something actually from Beyond Skyrim that was released earlier.

But I wouldn't be surprised if a UUNP patch for Beyond Skyrim does come out. I'm hoping there will be one anyway.

nah mate, sculpting and textures alone is enough to make a khajiit look unique. I've seen some pretty interesting characters out there and so far the only generic ones I've seen were mostly on the nexus.

if you want different looking khajiit faces, I recommend using Catlike Khajiit. It's in that pastebin that I linked you.

quoting slothability "xpmse is greater than all [when it comes to skeletons]." so it should be lower than any other skeletons.

Ordinator looks kind of over the top. I already have SPERG. Would Ordinator sort of breathe a bit of life into this game

As long as you don't have a toaster and don't have any mod conflicts, aka not be retarded when modding skyrim, the fact the cities are open shouldn't be the reason for ctds.

>shilling this hard

My only issue is Bruma itself drops to 13-20 fps due to the open cities meme.

Otherwise no CTDs on my end.

Have you worked on those Khajiit textures at all, or have you been busy with house mods still? What I saw of the plain non-patterned textures look perfect for my cat.

Mihail says he fixed his Minotaur mod

Is it worth it now?

serana may be molag bal's bitch but she's not the cheap type to wear slutwear
in fact she and her family are religious nuts

I'm not shilling anything, I lost interest in skyrim land expansions with the closed beta, but morrowind handles open cities just fine.

Downloading Bomret Texture Pack for Shivering Isles by Bomret
however; I don't see a part 2, was that done on purpose? I was hoping to install this by wrynbash

To be blunt: I haven't worked on the textures at all since I started playing a bunch of games. Tekken 7, Monhun 4, Nioh, and Skyrim have all been eating my time away.

Honestly I keep feeling bad whenever people ask about it since I really want to finish them.

That does look quite interesting. Though by the sounds of it, I'm unlikely to do much with beyond Skyrim but filch the armor sets i like.
Ordinator goes a long way towards better supporting hybrid playstyles and adding much more to the umbrellas of each skill. However the potency and arguably the eccentricness of some of the added perks leaves some to dislike the overhaul.

That said it is one of the recommended perk mods for a reason. Usually it would be suggested to get the patch that merges the two, but that is woefully out of date.

I'd say yes. The textures are a little rough, but the minotaurs are kinda neat. Especially the shaman minotaur.

Is Skyrim special edition still shit for modding? I have regular Skyrim But I don't have any DLC and it would be cheaper to buy the special edition.

Truth be told I wanted to ask the same but I always feel kind of bad asking somebody the status of a mod or something because it's like you're already doing something that you plan to release for free so bugging you about it just seems like it would be kind of a dick move I don't know

>comparing skyrim's engine to morrowind's

Everyone is allowed, user.
Except ladies with skimpy clothes.

it depends what mods you want to use, but for most people it's still worth sticking to oldrim
just pirate the dlc

>just pirate the dlc
After all the shit Bethesda has been pulling recently, I'm actually okay with this now. Will pirated dlc work with the steam version? Got any links?

It's cool.
I mean it's expected to get asked the status of a mod when I haven't said anything about it in forever, nor posted any progress.

Looking back at it, I think most of the work is done but not sure. All that's left iirc are the hands.

Sorry dude. I was just curious, take your time with them.

just finished Oblivion, making my way to Morrowind soon once I have some fun modding.

I gotta say, they REALLY felt the need to depart from the ancient and esoteric thematics in Skyrim. I dont know why, I feel like it really fit Cyrodiil. And I think it could've fit certain areas of Skyrim well too.

Also, can someone fucking explain CHIM?

It sounds like, hilariously poor writing but maybe im not getting it.

Don't worry about it dude. I'll have them finished eventually.

What about ladies with skimpy clothes with ladies without skimpy clothes?

Skyrim actually has a ton of weird stuff, but they don't outright say it. I always thought Oblivion was like that too, or maybe I'm misremembering? Do you have any examples, user?

CHIM is basically realising that reality is a dream, and that you can behave as such. Like lucid dreaming, in a way.

I'm waiting for him to make one big monster mod, but I have the Construct and Forest Lord monsters installed. Mikhail is a cool dude.

If you need help patching seams in Blender, I'm here m8.

Come to think of it, how many of my characters actually wear clothes?

rate mu 'fu progress

CHIM is how Michael kirkbride decided to give his shitty OC Vivec super powers. It's somewhere between a lucid dream and realizing that you're in a video game with saves and loads and the rest.

It's a fun little thought exercise but honestly in terms of games it doesn't fit with any of them, it doesn't really enhance the gameplay or story all that much so really it's pretty dumb in my opinion.

But then I'm just some Anonymous poster so what do I know?

In your opinion, SFO trees vs EVT?

>makes the Oblivion hero canonically a human male.

How else were they supposed to do it? If it had a been a statue of a woman, you'd have people complaining about it being a male statue. They went with the best option and made it a fully armour clad warrior that you could pretend is a woman under there if you have to.

anyone playing bruma?
>pic related

SPECIAL EDITION SKSE WHEN

WHY ARE THE DEVS SUCH IDIOTS AT C++

>How else were they supposed to do it?
they could have had the place where that statue was, in ruin, leaving it to the imagination of the player.

Why not have had them wearing baggy robes over a chestplate? It'd be ambiguous enough that it could really be seen as any gender.

Hey now don't get me wrong, I haven't played it myself. I was just describing what everybody else had been bitching about. That's why I said at the very front all I've heard about it is people complaining about various aspects

I must be retarded. I tried installing an Clarity ENB and now whenever I load a save, there's white streaks going towards the middle of the screen and it crashes almost as soon as I load in to the save.

How I messed this up after following the instructions carefully as fuck is beyond me.

5 minutes until it's done downloading. I had to download it around 5 times manually because of the nexus servers

>If you need help patching seams in Blender, I'm here m8.
eyy thanks. I should be fine for the most part but if I run into any big issues, I'll let you know.

I am

RIP Blades

>city with a church of st martin allows a statue of the Hero of Bruma to go to ruin

Yeah, no.

That could work but would need a damn good design to look recognisable as a humanoid of unknown gender.

why did skyblivion progress go backwards?

pls respond

Overlapping navmesh is one of MANY causes. If you look at it in tesvedit. It is a buggy mess with ctds just waiting to happen.

Pouring out a cold one.

I just can't figure out what's wrong
the eyes and nose just look wrong

Need more pictures of these two together.

;_;

Give it to me straight, citizen: how bad is it?

Hmm, have they really fucked up that badly? Open cities was a questionable decision, but I could kind of understand it if I looked at it sideways. I don't agree with it, but I understand it. But I thought/hoped it was being made by a talented group of modders.

it's bad nice eyes though

it's bad

>why did skyblivion progress go backwards?
Dark Creations

The only other one I got, sadly couldn't get Woe to turn her head

mouth back
chin forward
lower eyes and nose

Is there a mod that balances wild animals? they seem super fucking overpowered compared to everything else, I need Legendary dificulty in dungeons or for dragons, but if I get ambushed by a bear, I die in basically 2 hits with no real counterplay. Timed blocking doesn't stagger them, and I can't out lifesteal them with any combination of spells/enchantments.

NEED MOAR
and lewds

>fully remastered with nu-engine and all
>Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind 2017
How pissed would you be?
Would Todd finally pay for his sins?

>implying Todd is the one who decides what game he gets to make

Can you go into detail? When I tried it, I think it was one of the earlier releases and it had all exterior and interior cells ready to go. There was also a patch that fixed the overworld adding trees(that looked horrible but they were still trees) and grass.

Peri i thought you only cared about lewds. Thats the only reason you released a follower right?

Dont have any lewds

Yet

Have Cheyanne being lewd on her own