What are you doing today, Veeky Forums?

What are you doing today, Veeky Forums?

Finally need to put snow tires on.

Other urls found in this thread:

rockauto.com/en/catalog/subaru,1998,impreza,2.2l h4,1317333,suspension,control arm,10401
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I put on my winter tires a couple days ago. Balanced my summers out and fixed a leaking tire I didn't even knew I had. I don't need to get my oil changed for another couple thousand miles, battery still works good for now and the heat works okay.

Wether or not I'll need a battery will be decided once we hit sub zero temps, and depending on if my heat isn't that good this year I'll just get my coolant flushed. Other than that I'm ready.

questioning my will to live

waiting for good weather to work on the struts and buy some cabinets
dont have the money for fuel injectors unfortunately

Right rear brake is STILL sticking slightly.

Replaced calipers, bled the brakes, no bones.

Gonna fuck with the e-brake tomorrow and see whats what.

Otherwise all seems to be working as it should.

Replacing my front O2 because it won't register above 725mV in a full enrichment test

and then I went and spoiled it all
you can straighten a bent control arm, right?

No. Just replace it, you have to do all the same work anyway and it wouldn't ever be truly straight again anyway, it wouldn't align right. You should also look into doing the ball joints and tie rods while you're replacing front suspension parts and getting an alignment.

rockauto.com/en/catalog/subaru,1998,impreza,2.2l h4,1317333,suspension,control arm,10401

thanks for the link, m8

why is the MAS $20 cheaper than the MOOG

had some new Hankook snow tires mounted up at canadian tire and while i was there picked up this duplicolor "hyper silver" wheel paint and gave my steelies a shot. looks alright, better than rusty black.

Moog is usually very high quality, and an improvement over OEM and OEM style parts. MAS does OEM style parts. Not bad quality, but not the best. Consider Moog an upgrade and MAS a replacement.

which makes do you have experience with regarding moog parts?
because with my honda the moog swaybar endlinks were garbage, oem are buttery smooth and the hardware is perfect. OEM were also double the price so i went with hardrace which were very close to oem.

Well

>Shitbox Subaru wasn't heating up
>Bought new thermostat, replaced
>Got warm but not operating temperature
>Unbolted the radiator and blocked it with cardboard
>Was great until I hit stop and go traffic
Damnit. Not quite cold enough for that yet. Have an OEM thermostat on the way, but needed something now.

I also ordered new spark plugs. Hopefully that'll help the lurching in second. I imagine they're original and I should've replaced them when the engine was out of the car.

I've had really good luck with MOOG problem solver parts on my Chebby.

Same. I like driving, but either I drive to hard for the car or I purchase lemons.

I've only had one car really stand up to the constant abuse, but it rotted away.

did you paint over the black and sealed it or did you get the old paint off and did it fresh?

Getting the winter beater rego'd

>needing winter tires or even a winter beater
Laughs in Floridian

>not driving M/Ts year round to avoid buying (((snow tires)))

>Hurr I put my truck in the ditch
>Hurr I thought my mud tires were snow tires
Every time.

If I had a picture of the dude with the king ranch smashing into the eclipse it'd share it.

Fixing up the headlights, washer fluid and wipers on a beat Buick

Laughs in southern Californian

put this on, its a tom's one.

thoughts and opinions.

and put these one. thoughts and opinions plz

>old people mecca
laughs in insurance

When did you get a Buick?

cool buttplug

really gay

ty for your thoughts and opinions.

Belongs to my texan girlfriend

They turned out good

Crying in my garage because there is snow sticking to the ground and my motorcycle is the only thing that makes me happy.

I put my snow tires on this morning, and I just went out to find my left front tire flat. I gotta go back and return them tomorrow. Whenever I push the valve to the side, I hear air escape

-wire wheeled off the surface rust with a cordless drill and sprayed some rust converter on the remainder
-scuffed up the rest of the wheel with some sandpaper
-washed wheel with dish-soap and then wiped down with wax and grease remover
-shot it with a few coats of sandable primer, didnt sand because lazy and steelies
-after it dried a bit layed down a few coats of base and then a few more of clear.

looks pretty good to me, definitely not perfect but much better than before.

black would be infinitely better

stickers are never better than no stickers unless sponsor decal

Jacking the miat to realign the PPF/driveshaft to see if the grinding noise is that.
If not. Oh well.
Then it's rebuild front calipers and replace pads/rotors, same with the rears but already rebuilt. Maybe handbrake cable and fuel filter while I'm there.

Furiously deciding between Aspec miata seats and ditching the daisies for 15x8's and rubber.

Disconencted the o2 sensor because i want to test if the check engine light will come on

Got some original rims for free, just gotta clean this filthy moose

Before

Are there any metal clamps holding the break hoses in place? I know on a lot of 90s chevy trucks, rust would build up around those clamps and cause the brakes to stick

Not sure. I'll check today.

Thanks

oh that'll be great little go gart

i need to clean out the whole garage in hopes of finding a single nut that might or might not be there
if it isn't ill buy a new one tomorrow, some coolant, a ton of oil and hopefully fire her up tomorrow for the first time in a couple of months