The LS engine is the god engine

>the LS engine is the god engine

Umm, no sweetie. As an engine its completely characterless. It doesn't rev very high, it sounds as generic as a V8 can possibly sound, and the only reason it's considered reliable is because of ubiquity of parts.

Report submitted!

This is such a lazy copy pasta
Don't reply

Is....is Veeky Forums finally learning? I haven't gotten to post a happy image for some time. Nice.

came back haunted

>implying any V8 could ever be the best engine
We all know inline-6's are superior.

v6 is better tho

Why did you fail to recognize an alphonse thread?

sperg more

we have this thread every day.

>people defend pushrods when engines with far less displacement can make more horsepower with better power output characteristics.

>people defend "low end torque" in a performance car like it actually matters as if closer spaced and more gears can't make up for whatever lack of torque a car has.

>these people call themselves "car enthusiasts"

Go faster for cheaper.

Ultima Evo 1020 and Hennessey Venom GT both have LS based motors.

and both of those cars could have been better with something other than a truck engine

It's just ancient pushrod technology with some standard modern engine advances thrown in for relevance. Not outstandingly manufactured, alloys are all very average, casting techniques very basic and machine surfaces of average precision. OP is right, all it has going is parts avail and displacement.

Inline 8 is best and smoothest

hp/l is irrelevant when the DOHC engine is physically huge and heavy.

Pushcuck engines have no issues revving past 8000 rpm.

Modern cars need torque because they weigh so fucking much. No you can't just gear cars lower. Some people like going fast on the highway.

>8000 rpm...for a short time
ftfy

like what?

ford fancucks will defend this

What are boats? What are NASCARS?

Germans will go faster on the highway than you ever will in small diesels.

Reported

how exactly did you come to that conclusion?

I've seen countless video's of big american trucks passing small shitboxes on the autobahn like they're standing still. Your small shitty diesels don't even do 100mph and even if they do most people can't afford to keep them floored. I can guarantee you that the left lane on most North American highways is moving faster than the autobahn average speed.