2018 Mustang - 437WHP

With a normal 15% drivetrain loss, that means this car would be making a little over 500HP at the crank. Did Ford underrate it?

Other urls found in this thread:

jalopnik.com/heres-how-much-power-the-alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio-1792840088
autoevolution.com/news/2018-ford-mustang-gt-pulls-120s-1-4-mile-run-11s-pass-in-sight-121416.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Naturally aspirated? fucking how?

No replacement for displacement

Great design user. Ford found something that could work back with the 4.6 2v, then added 2 more cams and 4v. Followed by an upsize into 5.4l 4v in the Cobra R. Taking the knowledge they had with this and expanding upon it to the 4.6l 3v. Finally, they threw it all together into a 5.0 which is essentially a synonym for Ford. Add Variable valve timing, dual injection, and a mountain of research on how to tune thanks to previous ventures, and you have an amazingly engineered, top-tier Engine.

This same engine is tuned to 500hp N/A at the WHEELS in the new TVR Griffith. The coyote is insane

Pushcucks on suicide watch

Gayest image I've ever seen

>5163cc
>580HP
>8000RPM
When the fuck is someone going to make a Coyote powered supercar

t. assblasted pushcuck

All American cars are shit, just like your gay ass images

>fat burger car no corner
>me 1 liter diesel are better

This is exactly why Ford was pants on head fucking retarded for not making a V8 Ford GT. god fucking dammit they could've showed the super car world they were a force to be reckoned with but instead we get that bottleneck """"""eco""""""boost piece of shit shrouded in irony that runs away from comparison test with its tail between its legs and could've been an amazing platform for tuning like the last GT.

>f*rd
>force to be reckoned with
Lmao

>please believe our ad!!!1
Sperg more

What's it rated at? I was under the impression it was rated at 438hp. Was that supposed to be crankhp?

Or just a happy dyno

manual?

this is what a stock automatic dynoed

Yes, the OP pic is manual. The automatic one hit the 155mph limiter (what the fuck ford a Civic Type R goes 165) at 6600RPM, and peak power is closer to 7000RPM, so 416WHP probably isn't indicative of true peak power.

I wish I could afford to get one exactly like that.

Generous dyno.

Hmmmm

>It's another "The Ford GT should have had a V8 episode"

The car was literally designed as a race car first and the road car was made to meet homologation regulations set by the FIA. It has a V6 Turbo due to the rules set by the FIA when it came to the Grand Touring Endurance regulation. But who am I kidding, Ford makes a legit successor to the original GT40 and every shits their pants about the engine. Not the fact that Ford didn't really give a shit about the road car outside the fact that it allows them to run the fucking car at Le Mans.

>Naturally aspirated? fucking how?
'merica

I'm considering trading my '16 WRX for a '15 5.0 GT....should I do this?

>Max Torque: 401 TQ
>401 torques
Enough, Jeremy.

>mfw forza 7 doesn't have a voodoo swap

I hate having to repeat myself time and time again regarding *why* they did it but i already know and butchering your car to meet FIA regulations is only more proof of Ford's retardation. its not a legitimate successor to the GT40, its a watered down parade like your father's attempt at trying to re-enact his days in his old high-school rock band and its cringy as fuck. the car having a good engine is worth more than a million shitty class wins at the overly regulated boomer festival that is "Le mans". every shits their pants about the Engine because why put so much Research and Design in an engine and then *not* put it in the very car that's supposed to show what the best of your engineers can do i.e your Halo car?

Wasted opportunity. FIA just wants to cuck cars and FOrd was the only one dumb enough to take the bait and actually build an expensive project entirely around that trash. there's a reason the 918, P1, and Laferrari don't race in FIA races and its because all the cool shit they feature would have to be removed to be "homologated" which might as well be called what it really is: Neutered.

Who cares. It still has downs syndrome

Did they hit the speed limiter? The car is supposed to rev to 7500 not 6900

What's the point of having all that power if it can't use it properly on twisty roads?

For 35k I'd rather have a true driver's car instead

Right, but who buys a truck and doesn't put a bedliner in it?

Do the 4.6 3v have vvt?

2010-present mustangs have utterly killed the “lolcantturn” memes. They’re a really complete car in paper and in feel on the road.

The 15 is a little weaker than the 18 but I’d definitely recommend it. You’re trading ~400 lbs of weight for over 150 hp.

How has gm not committed !ass suicide at this point holy fuck that's a good engine.
LS push cuck's BTFO forever

The limiter is for insurance purposes, also so they can sell factory-certified tunes to remove it.

460 horsepower and I think it was 400lbft?

Most people actually i spray these for a living.

Having driven a current gen Coyote around a bit, I can't get my mind around how excellent these engines are. They feel sooo good.

>peak torque at 4700rpm
something is restricting that engine

should have run the test in a different gear then.
fucking retards

drivetrain loss is usually 17-20% desu

>true drivers car
>cant see out of it

True drivers like Randy have long necks

If it's designed from the ground up for the v6 what's butchering anything about it? The GTR is Nissan's halo car and it does fine with a v6.

Holy fuck you should inform people how terrible spray in liners really are.
>Buy new house and property
>House is heated with an outside wood stove
>Previous owners started cutting down ash trees for firewood
>Decided I'll do the same
>Purchased an 02' F250, no bedliner
>Look at my options, have it sprayed
>Start cutting and splitting wood, using muh truck to haul it around
>Damn near next to impossible to sweep debris out
>Come winter time wood freezes to the bed
>In fact everything freezes to it
>Completely frustrated, bought a trail for hauling wood

The spray in liner was absolutely miserable for wood. I've never hated doing wood like that before.

And then when spring rolled around and I wanted to haul in gravel, I struggled to sweep it all out.

Never again will I use a spray.

>hitting 155mph on a dyno

what are gears lmao

They used 4th gear because it's closest to 1:1 ratio, but hit the limiter

Nissan's V6 isn't a ban-aid up shitbox engine. Ford doesn't do V6s like they do V8s and they definitely don't do V6s like Honda and Nissan do V6s. designing your car around inferior engines when you have better at your disposal for strict regulations that hurt your car overall is just bad all around.

The dual-injection 3.5L Ecoboost was developed from the ground up to be a performance engine. It lasted the 24h of LeMans as well as the Baha 1000 and makes over 600HP no problem. That's far ahead of Nissan and Honda's current V6 engines.

I also have a hard time sweeping it but a power washer will have it looking nice and clean np most carwashes have one you can use and least in my area so it's not much of a problem

Are you retarded?
I've hauled wood, gravel, rock, sand, motorcycles, greasy/oily engines...
Get the big stuff out with a broom, use the hose to rinse the rest clean, if necessary use soap (or simple green equivalent) for oil/grease.
Spray on liner installed in '97 when the truck was new, was still going strong when I had it resprayed after getting the truck repainted.

I think spay on liners are the best option hoestly drop ins get dirtand gravel stuck under them and rubs the paint away which eventually leads to rust and while they can be hard to clean perfect they do a fine job to protect the bed also i spray linex and our premium liner is alot smoother easy to clean and has uv protection so it won't fade due to the sun

Doesn't the new TVR car have a Coyote tuned by Cosworth?

You know the smaller Porsche gt3 engine makes nearly 500 hp NA

Why is ford suddenly so based?

>comparing a truck engine in a 3Xk sports car to a bespoke engine in a 100k+ sports car

Wow, Ford must be doing something right.

>Mustang makes a claimed 460HP
>Giulia QV makes a claimed 505HP
>Mustang puts down 437RWHP
>Alfa puts down 392RWHP
The secret to superior Italian engineering is using a technique called "lying" to boost horsepower.

jalopnik.com/heres-how-much-power-the-alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio-1792840088

What the actual fuck is wrong with you two autists? It's a fucking truck. Why are you "cleaning" the bed?! Who the fuck even sees that anyway? It's the part of the truck you throw shit in, who the fuck cares?!

>12.0 second 1/4 mile
>in the rain
Looks like it could run 11s in stock form on a decent day

autoevolution.com/news/2018-ford-mustang-gt-pulls-120s-1-4-mile-run-11s-pass-in-sight-121416.html

>This is exactly why Ford was pants on head fucking retarded for not making a V8 Ford GT.
what engine would they have used?
Coyote? american ohc would never make it for 24 hours. Voodoo probably wouldn't even last a quarter of the race.

>american ohc would never make it for 24 hours.
The 3.5L uses DOHC and Ti-VCT just like the Coyote.

>american ohc would never make it for 24 hours
How do you engineer post this dumb? and the Coyote was already used in 24 hour endurance races and went a further distance than the ecoboost they currently use.

sorry, forgot to to say v-8 ohc. Its those last two cylinders that cause problems for americans. Their huge giant bellies get in the way during manufacturing, this introduces flaws that do not allow the engine to last for 24 hours of racing.

>Coyote was already used in 24 hour endurance races
no shit, which, when, where?

oh boy we almost made it!

2012 Daytona 24. Ford's V8s are pretty much better than ecoboost in every way including endurance. its a shame FIA regulations cucked them out of what would've been a no-brainer engine choice.

Lel

how much brain damage are we gonna give that poor bastard meme

My cuck dad

>Buys brand new 2016 RAM
>refuses like a stubborn asshole to put bedliner in it
fine, it's his truck
>will not put anything in the bed because it will scratch the paint
>spergs out when anyone puts something back there, everything is supposed to go in the RAM box

The RAM box is cool but holy shit it's a pickup truck, if you're worried about fucking up the bed then get it spraylined like a regular person

>coyote 5L
>truck engine
Nigger you what? It's the least 'truckish' v8 ford has ever made. All alloy, DOHC, 4V/cylinder, revs pretty high, etc.

and it's the base engine in the f150
>L E L

It's a quadcam V8 that revs to 8k and makes peak power at the top when used for performance applications. It's a performance engine that can be detuned for truck use, not the other way around.

>All alloy, DOHC, 4V/cylinder, revs pretty high, etc.
oh so like the v8s japs have been putting into trucks for nearly 20 years...

And there's a wankel in my neighbor's truck, so I guess the 13b is a truck engine by your logic.

Are you autistic? That little factoid in no way refutes anything I said, dumbass.

Plus, the Coyote is way better than any V8 japan is putting in street cars right now, you don't even have to like ford (I don't) to know that.

>All alloy, DOHC, 4V/cylinder, revs pretty high, etc.
What is this, the '90s? You do remember the Mark VIII, Continental, Cobra, Mach 1, Marauder and Aviator that used the All alloy, DOHC, 4V/cylinder, revs pretty high 4.6L V8?

Anyway, the American Big 3 all use V8s that are in the same engine family as their truck engines. Hence the meme truck engine.

>less than 5.3 liters
>a truck engine

Displacelet pls go.

Sadly they sell more ecomeme f150s cause buyers are literally sheep. I get 21 mpg city with my 5.0 f150 and I will never look back

Please don't post anymore

How will GM recover from this?

i agree that little white roller skate is quite the runner.

Can I fit this into an aw11?

i love that pic, raiji does good dragons and horses

>entire appeal of pushrod V8 is being physically smaller than OHC
>hood is higher than the DOHC mustang, which is getting an even lower hood with the 2018 update
What did Chevy mean by this

>and it's the base engine in the f150
That's the I4 Ecoboob

I thought the 2.7L V6 Ecoboob was the base

>SS 1le virtually smokes everything in it's price range till about twice the money
>Zl1 1le is supercar territory and costs like 65-70k

What did chevy mean by this?

I can't stand how fucktarded high modern mustang hoods are

t. new edge sn95 driver

super comfy and good forward visibility for its pigfatness

Probably this. A combination of a generous dyno and the car over-achieving by 10-20 hp.

>entire appeal of a flat/boxer engine is being flat to keep the cog low
>is actually taller than a LS V8

What did Subaru and Porsche mean by this?

It's not though?

There is a big difference in width. This is why LS engines are popular for swaps, fitting a Coyote in a Miata would be much more difficult. I assume there is a weight difference as well but I'm not sure.

Trash.

The top mounted supercharger adds a lot of height.

You're a retard if you think height is a major factory in cog. Weight is the main determinator here and since all the weight is at the bottom quarter of the overall height of the engine they still hit their goal of keeping cog low.

the base engine is a 3.3L V6. a step up is the 2.7T V6. The 5.0 is pretty high up there, only surpassed by the 3.5T.

go test drive the f-150 versus all the other V8 trucks. the difference is ridiculous.

Can confirm, visibility sucks if you're not a manlet.
>Owner of the car is a manlet and says he can see just fine
>Probably can't actually see out of it as he's put 300 miles on it over the two or three years he's owned it

I've been waiting for him to take me on a ride along, but it hasn't moved since it was parked here. I hear him stepping in the pedal revving on the engine once in awhile.

I'll try again come the next dry season. Hopefully he puts some miles on it before I ride along.

Forgot pic, as usual.

anyone have that pic of the V6 Camaro beating that GT

i lost