What went wrong?

what went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9TnGjq9mWSI
youtu.be/JQugEZOrZSc?t=52
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The writers at the BBC were the ones writing the good script. The guys are just presenters.

its entertaining to watch but lets be honest its not a car show

Sadly, this.

it doesn't feel right
youtube.com/watch?v=9TnGjq9mWSI

This show was never good. Everything is sensationalist hyperbole flanked in derivative pun and pun It's clearly written by jews

It was neither grand nor a tour.

trying a bit too hard, too flashy. the original looking a bit dodgy in an old aircraft hanger with the crowd just standing in a big circle round them was part of the appeal

gonna be honest. top gear was total shit after the India special.
i wrote off GT during the drive through the desert in the first episode.
glad to see i wasn't wrong to drop it

What about their solo-written stuff? I especially enjoy James May's various non-car-related programs. I could listen to that fucker talk for hours on end.

What the fuck did i just watch?

fuck argentina

They fucked up royally with the plate thing, then they fucked up even more royally for mocking it in the next special
>"OH NO LOOK AT THE PLATES""NOT AGAIN"
Yeah its funny but when your some two bit presenter with no job and no prospects because you can't get a job because attitude issues....thats the real pun. Clarkson was a blemish on that show.

Expectations too high. The show is fine, it's really not much different than TG Season 22. People thought it would be 10x better with 10x the budget, but spending more money didn't really help. They'll find their stride again.

Literally this. Don't compare it to Topgear and it's a good show, When you do compare it you think it's shit.

the massive budgets and over production are the main problems with it

That was pretty bad. They seem so tired and the 8 minutes seemed like ages.

But then again the show got really old after 2007.

It's too Americanised.

They shout too much and insult eachother a little too much.

The American is a shit replacement for the Stig, too

Only James does that best. A big part of processing TG's death was watching old episodes and James May's Man Lab and The Reassembler.

Fuck off cry baby. Real television is dead because people like you can't handle a bit of casual edge.

2007 is a bit early don't you think?

Literally nothing.

>check new top gear youtube
>this is who they replaced the trio with
I wonder (((who))) could be behind this.

Chris Harris is awesome but he wouldn't have had made it into the show if he was a vanilla white guy.

What I don't get about TG and TGT is why do they do the reviews of supercars?

It's the most boring segment of the show. Who gives a shit about some stupid toy that only millionaires can afford?

It's the opposite of that. The BBC owns the rights to all the segments that were on Top Gear. So TGT has to come up with stuff that doesn't resemble what's on Top Gear to whatever extent is legally acceptable.

There's a dozen new supercars for every 1 affordable sports car.

no cooks willing to cook a steak and chips at 3 in the morning

Their humor on Top Gear was basically "naughty schoolboy". It was about them doing what they were allowed to do or say.
Now without the BBC to act as their foil, and them being free to do whatever they want, their "naughty schoolboy" humor falls flat.

>Harris works hard on his car reviewing career for over a decade
>becomes one of the most popular car reviewers on YouTube
>when the BBC needs new Top Gear presenters, he's one of the 7 they hire

"HURR HURR HE JUST GOT THE JOB BECAUSE HE ISN'T WHITE. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Stop making up excuses for you own failure in life.

He's a fucking nigger who's head belongs in a bucket below a guillotine not on my TV, I don't pay the licencing fees so I can watch a fucking dirty wog drive arab nigger cars you fucking piece of shit.

Go back to your safe space

GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD IT SAYS Veeky Forums.ORG NOT Veeky Forums.NIGGER DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE BOY? ARE YOU LOST? GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE NOW YOU ARE LUCKY WE BROUGHT YOU OVER HERE IN THE BANANA BOATS OR YOU'D STILL BE EATING DOGSHIT OUT OF A MUD HUT YOU FUCKING WORTHLESS APE DON'T TELL ME WHAT BOARDS I CAN AND CAN'T BROWSE FUCK YOU I HOPE YOU CATCH FUCKING AIDS LIKE THE REST OF YOUR SUBHUMAN DEGENERATE TRIBE

>BBC
>British Broadcasting Corporation
I don't think any of these fucks are british

I always thought that top gear was pretty poverty desu. I couldn't stand how unnatural and scripted it was.

Fuck off to /pol/.

>bbc doesn't have a hardline diversity hire policy
Lmao. The delusion of niggers

That's because you're autistic

>People thought it would be 10x better with 10x the budget, but spending more money didn't really help
For the hundreth gazillionith time, THEY HAD ABOUT THE SAME FUCKING BUDGET

That's not very nice.

Reassembler is, to use a Mayism, ace biscuits, as is a bunch of the other stuff I've watched (Big Ideas, Toys, Things you Need to Know, etc), but most of them are less than simple to track down online, apparently.

Cars of the People (both parts) is also excellent.

The plate thing was right-wing argentinians flipping their shit without factchecking, Clarkson is the last person who would joke about wars that Brits died in

My problem is that the travelling was a wasted opportunity, I would like if it was more themetic, like a mix of TG and Motorworld, based on the locations they go. Instead, they just go around the world for reasons.

>what went wrong?

s2 hasn't even aired yet, they've mentioned in different places there were some things they were trying and won't do again. personally I liked the american, the joke being he's very pointedly the opposite of the stig, except when driving

Plot twist: the plates actually did come with the Porsche

Chris Harris is the only good presenter of them. Joey from Friends isn't into cars enough and I don't give a shit about the quota-filling nigger. They could hire Jason Cammisa now for example and he'd be a better fit to TG than those two.

Fuck off.cuck chris harris is a fucking retard

They don't have the BBC budget anymore so their production value suffers. That means shittier writing, shittier direction, shittier cinematography, shittier editing, etc. Without the production capability that they had before, all they bring to the table is their notoriety as TV personalities that they had as presenters on TG which is something that they only achieved after collectively decades of BBC support.

Without the proper frosting and garnishing, even the most perfectly-baked cake is just boring sweet bread.

Chris Harris isn't a white guy???

>They don't have the BBC budget anymore so their production value suffers.

What the fuck?
That new show has several times the BigBlackCock budget.
They should do much better than before.

What went right, you mean? This bloke plus BBC's budget equals the finest car show in the world. It was long due to purge the clowns.

>Several times the budget
>Fraction of the talent

Money doesn't buy everything it seems.

>what went wrong?

What went wrong is that you posted this thread.

GT is a good show. It's first few episodes were rough (what show doesn't have a rough couple of first episodes), but it really picked up by the end of its first season. It feels like a good follow-up to the trio's later Top Gear seasons, and I'm looking forward to seeing its Season 2 come December.

over 8min of memes; nothing new here.

They pretend to be like the drivers that usually drive that car brand.

Quite blindingly obviously not.

They had to make it appeal to Amerucunts.

I hope they stop doing that "killing a celebrity" thing. It had a few chuckles the first time, it was beating a dead horse each consecutive time.

Has anyone seen the new Top Gear US? It's actually worse than the previous TG:US.

Anything remade by the spetics is worse. Look at the Office and House of Cards for further proof.

Agreed, the Meyers Manx episodes weren't bad, and the last few episodes were quite good. They toned it down and it felt like the guys were finally being themselves. They need to do more REAL challenges. The pickup truck rescue in their final season of TG was fucking gold, a perfect balance of deliberate goofiness and candid reality, but the heavily edited, highly scripted shit like GT's second episode was practically unwatchable.

season 2 looks like it might make up for how shit the first was.

You've never seen South European/Mediterranean people.

The basic format didn't work out at all, conceptually or logistically. So they're plopped the tent in the Cotswolds and are doing the show from there from now on. Hopefully that means that some of the other legal issues with the BBC were resolved.

The bit before that was better.
youtu.be/JQugEZOrZSc?t=52

I liked it.

But I'm also not a bitter husk of a human with some sort of edgy /pol/ stick up my ass so whatever.

nothing?
it's a great show

I thought it was good. That said it had growing pains, but I think even they knew this and it's too be expected. For the most part it was average and still fun, maybe a bit too scripted in some instances but fuck we already knew that. I feel as the show went on it got better it definitely started out like they were trying a bit hard.

I think S2 will really show if it'll get better or not.

I agree it was getting old, but for some reason, unbeknownst to me, I still couldn't help but laugh at James asking if they were still coming on everytime. Knew it was coming, hated the rest of the bit but him asking that just got me.

Maybe because it was such a James May thing to ask.

Go back to wherever you came from

Shut up idiot
You can look it up
That car had those plates for years before the show bought it
It was literally just a coincidence
Also fuck Argentina
They can fuck right off

The birts and BBC get what they want: an informative car show that reflects the diversity in London.

The rest of the world wasn't sure what it wanted but it had to involve the 3 stooges somehow, what we got was alot of shouting and philandering in very scripted sketches but it had the 3 stooges.

>MR2
S A V A G E

Been here longer than you though.

Catering to Americans happened.