Muscle vs imports

what is better in your honest opinion muscle or imports?
I am honestly an import kind of guy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zAvXKXn1nSU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The only "Muscle" cars left are the Challenger and neither side has an answer to everything from the other side.

The japs have no stingray/Camaro SS/Mustang answers or even an answer to the V6 Camaro at this point (no mid range sports cars basically). America has no answer to the Miata sized cars or FWD scene anymore like they use to with the Soltice/sky and Dodge neon/saturn s series.

Kinda ironic though since all i want from the "muscle" side is another attempt at a Miata fighter like the Kappa cars and all people on the "import" side want is another mid-range sports car like their use to be with the Supra, 300ZX and RX7.

Yo nutsack, let me tell you something.
Muscle beats import every time, every time, you know what I'm sayin'

I like both. So I bought an Accord coupe. I like pretending im middle ground here. Has globs of low end torque UNLIKE a honda, and not exactly pigfat. I've driven integras, rsx's, v6 pony cars, but only 1 GT. I would love to have a V8, but driving >15,000 miles a year says that's stupid

well muscle cars are pretty much dead

imports still going strong

thats all that needs to be said

but NOTHING beats European cars like Ferrari

why would driving 15k a year on a V8 be stupid?

Maybe he only does city driving and V8 Fuel economy only catches up to 4pots and 6slinggers on the highway

I like muscle, but they can't really be compared as there's relatively little overalap in the market. There isn't a muscle car to truly compete with the imports because all the imports are either cheaper or more expensive than the V8 muscle cars

No one gives a fuck. Japan hasn't released a relevant performance car outside of the WRX in ages.

Civic Type R
WRX STi
370Z

you motherfucker

>What is the GT86
>What is the GT-R

Both have their good cars and shit cars. I have both an import and a """""muscle""""' because I like both of them, but there are cars on both sides that I wouldn't own in a million years.

slow
shit and fat

keep trying.

Due to autism, I only buy cars made in the country I live in. Since I live in North America, I love the SVO.

4banger turbo vs v8

>Slow
This has been said and debunked since the car came out.

It's not fast enough for me.

See

This is so uninformed, and just screams underaged.

Muscle cars are NOT dead, a factory camaro just lapped the ring in 7:16, mustangs do 0-60 in under 4 seconds, dodge has a 9 second street car, the gt350 is one of the best sub 100k track cars you could ever buy...

EVO is dead, the new STI is buttfuck huge and has a 10+ year old engine, miata and BRZ are aight but are the only cars in their segment, the NSX was a flop, the new supra is probably gonna be 100k+, the GTR keeps getting worse...

What is fast enough for a bus rider?

Camaro = not muscle
Mustang = not muscle
Challenger is muscle
GT350 = not muscle

old import platforms still hang with modern cars

Go away retard.

go figure American car fans are brain dead and cant even make an argument

muscle cars are dead and have been for decades

sti slow, fat and old engine
evo dead.
GTR no longer relevant
gt86 slow
miata good
NSX flop

you're 1 for 6.

Imports are for queers and rich middle aged housewives with more botox than brains.

The 4t vs v8 debate is fucking retarded. Both serve very different purposes

But the margins are shrinking. Heck, many I4t's make the same or more horsepower than many American sports cars from the 80s and 90s.

The margins are irrelevant. They simply serve different purposes. A 4t and a v8 producing the same power are going to both present pros and cons. V8 is bugger and heavier, but will also be cheaper and longer lasting. An 4t is going to be small and light, but getting all of that power out of a little engine sacrifices reliability and cost.
It would be much more appropriate to compare a 4t with a supercharged v8

those are mostly just your opinions

hell the GTR is ancient and is still a benchmark for performance

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Imports

Muscle will always be iconic but as far as quality and beauty goes I have to give it to japs and germans

Saying that an NA V8 is inherently more reliable than a turbocharged four cylinder seems kind of silly.

You can believe what you want, m8. More horsepower from a smaller form gives you a shorter lifespan and higher cost. There's nothing really wrong with that as you're getting a smaller lighter engine, but it's just how it is.

Sure, if you control for basically every other variable that goes into designing and assembling an engine.

Yes, but a superior design and lower tolerances will give you a higher cost.

>GTR
>ancient
>not even close to 25 years old

Ok.

as the owner of a muscle car i think owning both is probably the best way to go about things.
still want a supra.

GTR came out in 2007

Kanyes Stronger was fresh
Bush was still president
Veeky Forums was hackers on steroids and the internet hate machine
Encyclopedia Dramatica was still relevant
VTECH kicked in

its fucking ancient in modern culture terms

GTR is old as shit used to compare it to the yamaha r6 that they kept making until this year because it was good enough to make a manufacturer lazy.

Chevy SS (at least until last year)
Challenger
GT350

not if you're moving numbers.
think of the development cost for the honda K-series, probably astronomical but they jammed that baby in EVERYTHING for more than a decade so the cost amortizes.

tldr the dichotomy is dead in car land

if you want muscle (looks cool, designed like a dragster, actually has lackluster performance and always gets shit on by an import) vs imports (handle better, make more power with a different engine design/tuning paradigm, cost as much/less, more set up for circuits but BTFO everyone at the strip when tuned for it, but don't carry the same more positive lifestyle implications/image) motorcycles still have you covered

japan, europe: middleweight and heavyweight track machines, and their high end commuter bikes are borderline sportbikes. 3/4 cyllinders, even ducati is doing it now. ahh, but all the revs bother me!
america: loud noises, big engines, lots of torque, bad handling, still slow. no revs. two cyllinders. harley.

Muscle cars are dead because they turned into sportscars

You forgot the part where muscle is comfortable and stylish and import is rattly plastic zip tied on bodywork with a fake racing livery and only comfortable to people aged 18-25

both american and japanese cars are imports for me so it's a win-win

>GT86
Slow piece of shit

>GT-R
110k STARTING price. Automatically irrelevant.

Debunked where?

This isn't a pro for 4t only.

It's really ugly doe

50k slightly used because owners fuck the car

>Japan hasn't released a relevant performance car outside of the WRX in ages.

The Lexus LFA is arguably the best performance car ever to come out of Japan and quite possibly one of the best performance cars ever. Too bad it was only in production for two years, and Toyota lost money on each car sold despite their $375,000 price tag.

>the NSX was a flop

Hard to call the new NSX an import when they're all built in Ohio, and designed primarily by the US division of Honda.

Well, muscle is garbage designed for old boomers to feel like men again and imports is such a generic term that it's meaningless to compare.

>370Z
Dead. R.I.P

Other two are fair. Didn't even think of the type R I've never seen one.
How long is the WRX even going to be around? Dead in the UK

There is absolutely no point in distinguishing between pony cas and muscle cars at this point. Technically the Challenger isn't a muscle car either, as it isn't a fullsize platform. All three of the Pony/Muscle cars are basically American GT cars anyways at this point. Debating over what to label them is semantics.

One time I went on a double date with a vietnamese girl and her friend and friend's boyfriend (also all vietnamese).

Anyway, after getting dinner we went back to her apartment and the friend's boyfriend was really adamant that we watch a fast and furious movie. So we popped in one of them (I forget which one) and start watching.

This other guy is like 5'4" and loud as fuck. At one point in the movie he just starts screaming "American muscle is shit, imports are fucking great." AND he actually was vaping during the movie.

Not really related but you brought up some bad memories of college.

>people who don't like muscle and that glorious V8 sound
Idk what's wrong with you weebs
Go buy another frs with a rocket bunny body kit lmao

American V8s usually sound like shit.
Only flatplane sound great.

Everyone likes the sound of an angry V8, but pre-21st century stereotypes about how American pony cars handle persist because they've never driven anything that's S197 Mustang and newer.

This is exactly what I say. The “lol mustang no turn” meme is long dead.

Yeah, no. They still feel incredibly heavy and are awful to drive compared to smaller cars.
And they sound like shit. Ford even managed to make the world's worst sounding flatplane V8.

I've got a z32tt and a v8 chebby truck. Best of both worlds.

It's trivial to make an S197 neutral in its cornering behavior. The body is extremely rigid, which makes it a great platform to build upon, and it was near 50/50 weight distribution from the factory.

50/50 is overrated and isnt the best for handling
rigidity doesnt make it lighter either

Dude, its 200 horsepower in a 2800 lb car. That's objectively slow.

Actually for setting up a front engined rear wheel drive car, 50/50 makes for predictable rotation around the center of mass. It means you can load up the fronts or rears with power and breaking application for corner entry and follow-though. 3400lbs isn't light, but neither is it heavy compared to cars in its class. 350z, 370z, G35, Genesis 2.0T coupe, the S197 is no heavier than any of these competitors.

>Tfw sitting in one of these same color and everything right now

All 195 front wheel driven horsepower of it. Pathetic

>muscle cars are dead
This is 100% fact
>imports are dead
That's like your opinion man

Are you self aware NewFagay?

Both

Interesting as fuck

Personally I've driven both the lazy revving torque monsters, the quick revving 2.0 liters and even a rotary.
Can honestly say a muscle car is not a very fun car to drive when you get down to it. Hard to beat a quick revving little screamer that syncs with your body perfectly. When a car becomes am extension of your body its am amazing experience

>implying they don't make a quick revving V-8 that's more fun than any 4 banger

very seeing as how theres a whopping 1 muscle car being mad and multiple imports

they dont?

This is the correct answer.

Is the retard still confusing imports with shitboxes not built in NA?

Any car not built for commuting or off-road is dead, everything sporty is usually built off a platform shared with commuting.

now this is full retardation but I guess Ill take the bait in hopes of some hilarious reasoning

You mean break the warranty by launching on that fragile piece of shit transmission?

Hell of a bargain...

*technically* that uses WRX and thus impreza rear suspension but yeah he's full of shit.

"Relevant" you stupid twats. Relevant! 375k dollar cars are so fucking irrelevant you should choke yourself as punishment for even bringing it up.

There's still the 370Z. But yeah, it's the only Japanese option left in that range.

Oh boy. Here we go.

>GTR
>Evo
>Civic type R
>NSX
>Miata
>G37
>370Z
>LFA
>BRZ/FR-S/GT86
>Accord V6/new turbo 4, 2.0L
>V6 Camry
>Civic si
>WRX STi

Get fucked.

The Coyote says hello, Faggot.

that's partially a wrx and the engine is shared with other cars.

he's kinda right for all sports cars below $50k

you understand non M bimmers are slow too then, right? Even stock sw20 NA beats them

>he thinks a stock sw20 NA beats a 340i or evena 328i

That's what Im assuming for the OP. The only reason to compare these two is because they can give sporty performance and be owned for less than supercars or European sport brands.

I don\t think I've seen it happen. Multible times.
Bimmers are fucking slow user. Maybe against your pigfat slow american landbarges. But here in europe,
They\re the pigfat slow european luxobarger.

american muscle sucks dick they all sound terrible have shitty pushcuck v8s that make like 5hp per liter its no wonder they died out I mean a 3k eg hatch can pull on any real muscle car with their shit ancient technology, american performance is such a joke

maybe you just live in a poor area, the bmw's people own around here are all the new turbocharged ones.

The 335i with the n54 engines are basically the poorfags supra here.

>no japanese car has ever won the nurburgring

They think 275 section tyres magically give out good handling

>won the nurburgring
americans lol

they think displacement or cfm matters when in reality all the real car guys are just using turbos

yea

have you been living under a rock lol

I wish who ever gave that ecopoop instead of a god-tier modular were thrown under a rock.

sorry burgers but the fastest car on the nurburgring is a porsche 911 and the gt-r btfos either of those anyway

Implying that's not how it's always been?

by "win" i mean racing.
>gt-r btfos either of those
>7:08 is faster than 7:01
>0 wins is better than 3

Wasn't it the N55? I thought the n54 had reliability issues.

Bad opinion

>LFA

Good taste my man.

youtube.com/watch?v=zAvXKXn1nSU