Things that happen

>when you put your car in park, but it creeps forward

Shouldn't have bought an automatic then, or used the parking brake like a normal person.

>he doesn't use his parking brake to park
Ok.

>Implying anyone uses the parking brake in an automatic
I'm literally the only person I know that applies the parking brake in my automatic.

You must know a lot of retards.

>9fag

mine rolls back but never creeps forward. also I got no clue how to park a fucking automatic on a hill how do you do the brake/parking brake so that if you are on a hill you don't get a loud clunk going into reverse from park on an auto?

Put it in neutral, apply parking brake, put it in park

wtf

Lots of people leave their manuél in gear as a redundancy to the handbrake, right? I always thought of the parking brake in an auto as a replacement for that.

>start car in gear
>exhaust crumples

You must not live in the rust belt.

Literally no one uses the parking brake in the rust belt as it'll usually seize up after the first good freeze.

And god forbid you use it after a heavy, wet snowfall.

>bmw in adjacent lane uses turn signals and merges properly

>put your car in park

Nearly all the people I know with automatic cars still pull the ebrake because they all learned to drive in standard transmission cars.

it doesn't fucking matter where you are, you park an automatic the same.
foot on the brake, put it into park, rip the handbrake, foot off the brake.

Mfw retards never use the handbrake and then the cable rusts and breaks

This is not how chemistry and metallurgy works.

Usually seen on 530(x)i

>Calling the parking brake an emergency brake

>park on an incline
>leave it in 1st, parking brake off
>step out of the car
>shut the door
>it moves 4 inches backwards and stops

What the fuck? What country do you live in where people don't apply their parking brake when parking?

That's what you get for leaving it in first, faggot. Just put it in neutral like a normal person.

Its kind of like rusty calipers, they rust if you don't drive the car. But with the parking break cables if you dont use them ever over like 100k kms they will seize right the fuck up if you try to use them.

Gotta be one of the shittiest things about buying a used car is testing whether or not the parking/handbreak work.

>Driving along dirt road
>rip handbrake up for shits and giggles
>nothing happens

Fucking Datsun.

Normal people leave it in gear in case the hand brake fails you fucktard. Did you teach yourself how to drive?

i always apply my parking brake. don't want that little pin to snap and it's a habit from driving standard

>pull handbrake
>rolls back
>release handbrake
>pull it again
>stays still

This so hard. Everyone I know leaves their car in park without the e-brake. And when they let go of the brakes, the whole car moves like 4 inches because they’ve done it so much that there’s that much give now. Compared to my auto cars that are stiff in park because I always use the e brake. Even my ‘94 shitbox was tight in park.

The worst is my mechanic friend, because he should know this shit, but never uses it.

I was told to push in the parking brake with the car in gear, then shift to park to reduce strain on the transmission, no idea if it's true though.

Normal people leave the parking brake on when they park the car.

Bong here, nobody I know leaves it in gear when parked unless it's a big hill.

>100k kms
*100 Mm
FTFY