I'm looking to buy an older (04-08) Honda Ridgeline

I'm looking to buy an older (04-08) Honda Ridgeline.

Any issues I should be aware of? Any years to avoid? I can do most repairs and maintenance at home, up to a point.

Btw I could also consider a Tundra from the same era, but the frame rust issue (I'm in Ontario) and the worse eeem peee gees kinda puts me off.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4iq_6TI57v0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

IF it's anything like the Honda Element LOL CV joints

and the Tundras from that year suffer from LOL BALL JOINTS

nigga can't catch a break

For work. I haul shit and carry passengers

>Any issues I should be aware of?
it doesnt have a bed

The lack of a V8 is a big issue

It's got the fuel economy of one though.

is your company paying or are you paying? do you own your own business? what do you haul?

I'm paying, I own it, I haul light stuff (cans/material/tools)

ford ranger 2.3 duratec.

[citation needed]
>compromise comfort and power for utility that's not needed

The rubber ring that seals the trunk isnt very effective if there's weight on the trunk.

Ive got an 06 ar around 117k and she's fuckin minty. My rack and pinion is leaking but I havent had any other problems.

youtu.be/4iq_6TI57v0

What are you doing user? You need an $80k truck to carry around your toolbox and portable air compressor like everyone else or you're not a manly man

ridgeline mpg

I'd get a Fridgeline just to trigger truck cucks
There's plenty of off roading stuff for it as well like lift kits and skid plates

Also they're very comfortable, basically fancy Pilots with a bed. They even have a ladder frame built into the unibody for strength without compromising the ride

The frame

which makes it heavier and inefficient.

Gotta appeal to truck cucks

>There's plenty of off roading stuff for it as well like lift kits and skid plates
>those wheels
>a fucking honda ridgeline
lmao get a load of this guy

t. Bus rider

There is a big problem with the ridgeline. Its not an avalanche

Fucking hell it gets 1-2 more than a V8 Silverado. Gee and Honda wonders why they don't sell...

They sold plenty and they hold their value really well on the used market

I'm curious as to why you'd go for a Ridgeline over a Ranger or Gen-1 Tacoma?

As a 96 Taco owner I see little that you gain with the Ridgeline over a conventional compact pickup;

>Although the rear gate is cool, it's apt to bend if you put any weight on it since it's only held by a cable on one side
>You can't redo the bedliner if it gets covered by paint or scratched to shit by something
>It's impossible to replace the bed or cab since it's unibody
>You can't carry a full sized spare, this is super important if your towing
>you've got no low range on the transfer case (if you go with 4wd which isn't something I can speak to)
>Comfort isn't that much different (comparing a 96 Taco to an 08? Ridgeline)
>No manual transmission option
>Tons of electronic BS that comes standard, if you live in a state with inspections on older cars they will break and cost tons to replace

My biggest issue is the lack of a stripped down base model, I live in Virginia which has pretty lax inspections, but with my friends who have older cars with safety equipment like TPMS,ABS, or Traction control here if your car came with it, it has to work otherwise you'll fail inspection even if the car is perfectly drivable without it, with a base model Tacoma or Ranger you leave out a lot of that which makes repairs far simpler and it's not an issue if you're not an awful driver. I suppose generally it's just that the Ridgelines stray too far to the luxury side of things at the cost of durability and ease of repair, although this seems to be a trend with most modern trucks so I suppose it's something you really can't avoid if you buy newer.

Because people don't need a truck 95% of the time. This is a Pilot with a bed and rides far nicer than any truck

>electronics BS
Please don't tell me you actually believe this meme. That's concern if you're buying a 15 year old 7 Series, but a Honda isn't complicated and thing don't really go wrong

Then get a pilot, faggot

Sure but if you don't need a truck 95% of the time you'd be better off getting a sedan or hatchback with a trailer hitch, and the electronic BS meme is true to some degree, for my Tacoma a replacement side mirror is like 25$ for the manual version whereas the automatic one will run you north of 150$ and it's a similar story for pretty much every other component that's automated at higher trim levels, sure things don't break often because it's a Toyota, but it's way less of a pain to fix when they do if you avoid electronics.

Ridgelines don't have the Toyota tax, Rangers are anemic and too small. I'm going for an older RIdgeline because of less amount of electronics, and so far I haven't read any negative comments about the amount of electronics on the older models

Had an '06 I purchased with 96k, also had rack and pinion leak, and one caliper went bad.

Other than that, ran great for another 50k until some idiot hit me and totaled it

Unless you're a dumbass and manages to break your own side mirror, insurance is supposed to replace it

Pilots don't have beds

Not to mention when you come across wiring issues.