Is my differential fucked Veeky Forums?

>driving on sloppy wet mash potatoe level slush
>car in first gear
>feels like a light jerking sensation along with the tach hesitating while accelerating
>go into second
>literally feels like car is hitting the brakes and letting off in the span of half a second
>get up to 60mph
>feeling goes away

What the fuck is it Veeky Forums?
No it's not the fucking U joints I already checked them their fine
>it's the transmission user
Wrong the trans fluid is fine and it's been doing this for about 3 months now

It's RWD btw just so no one gets confused
I also want to say it doesn't feel nearly as bad as when the pavement is dry

Maybe traction control is fucky?

When the diff is failing you'll know. It will either whine,howl,whir, or clunk. Doesn't sound like a diff to me. Give us more details. Does it drive like normal i dry condition? Doest it sound odd?

Does the vehicle have traction control? What is the make, model and year?

There's no traction control to speak of there isn't even ABS
It's a 2001 Ford Mustang auto transmission (I know auto...)

Could be a fucky FI issue (my FWD manual shitbox does it in first)

Could also be your transmission despite the fluid being fine. Engines fail even with fresh oil in them.

I LIKE TURTLES

It's probably something with the transmission or the computer controlling it. Diffs are pretty simple. They will whine like a cunt leading up to failure and will fuck you in the arse when they finally do shit the bed.

It's not my trans it just simply can't be i had it checked out by a friend and we watched the real time data on the ECU and none of the numbers were going fucky when it was jerking

When you said the tach hesitates, what exactly do you mean? Does it seem to stay in one place or does it move up and the car just wont move any faster despite throtle application? Could be clutch slip. Idk if you throw in more details. Might even be not enough fuel/air problems.

Heres roughly how it goes:
Tach goes up to let's say 1k RPM's car wants to keep going but then the jerk starts after the jerk is over (it's only a 1/4 of a second at longest) tach rises 2-300 RPM's repeat process until over 2.3k RPMS

Well, nigger. If you have all the realtime data, why are you asking Veeky Forums? I've never seen a diff do what you're describing and it sounds like a fucked tranny to me or maybe something is fucking up your engines vacuum?

Maybe your torque converter is failing?

Since you say it isn't the tranny and I have never heard of a differential acting up like that.

I think you're experiencing wheel hop
>2001 v6 mustang low mile
Uh, you do know salt will absolutely destroy this car right? Like, it's pristine now. You sure you wanna do this?

That's called an upshift and it's perfectly normal.

pretty sure its just an ignition issue user, check plugs and wires

I'm only driving it for one more week then putting it away for winter that's why I want to solve this problem so I can save for it if it's a big part that has failed

>up shifts
>only a 5 speed
So your trying to tell me it's upshifting 3 times in a second?

If this threads still alive by tonight I'll get a vid posted if the tach so you all can see what I'm talking about

probably tranny computer considering it's not making horrific diff failure noises
could be torque converter as well.

If it was the diff it should be making load poping or knocking noises. I know. Diff blew on me about a month ago

Cam position sensor failing?

Alright guys here's the deal it's starting to do it worse but
I'm noticing a pattern however that the jerking ramps up with the added fuel demand as it rarely does it in low RPMS but get over 2k RPM's and it starts doing it ALOT so I'm thinking it's something fuel related
I'd also like to point out that almost everything on here aside from a little gromit between the fuel tank and the filler neck is still the original Ford part I.E the fuel filter has the Ford logo stamped all over it and it's the one that came from the factory.
I feel as though the fuel pump or fuel filter may be to blame.

check you fuel injectors with a multimeter

Check your ignition wiring

Bumping for common interest.

I know a guy with an '83 GMC High Sierra 350ci automatic and another guy with a '96 Chevy K1500 4.3L automatic. They both do exactly as OP described unless you punch the throttle. Specifically in 3rd and 4th.

Update: my auto is a DCT so I checked to see if it was gear related
It is not it doesn't matter what gear I was in if I went above 2k RPMS unless I punched it it would jerk and stutter
Therefore I'm deducing it to be
Injectors
Fuel pump
Or fuel filter
I'm gonna try the fuel filter and run some sea foam through and see what happens to the injectors

IAC valve

Update: I got injector cleaner and took it to a mechanic and they said it may be the MAF sensor so I put the injector cleaner in just in case and then tomorrow I'll be cleaning the MAF sensor

A v6 mustang does not have a DCT.

This sounds reasonable. It was my first guess

Sounds like a vacuum leak

Update:
Well boys we may be coming to a head and it might just be time to face the music
It was snowing so It may be just an issue with the tires not having much traction but the jerking occurred between 30-45 MPH which when I looked it up says that it is a common sign of the torque converter.
Luckily Vatozone has torque converters for a pretty reasonable price
I'll go find a dry area tomorrow to confirm it does it only in 30-45 mph and if so I'll come back and give a definitive answer on the torque converter however given what happened tonight Im definitely giving it a good thought

>inb4 driving a mustang in the snow
Again, I'm putting it away for the winter in about 2 days and that's why I want to solve this problem