What’s up with this car?

So this new car was featured heavily at SEMA this year. How come? Why is it so hyped?

Other urls found in this thread:

mercedesbenzofbellevue.com/new/Mercedes-Benz/2018-Mercedes-Benz-AMG C 43-a4fd456f0a0d0c142179c29a453f4ff0.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>west coast customs
>stanced
>kia

>Why is it so hyped?
Correct wheel drive.

Is it stanced? It just looks flush is all.

This.

This is the only reason I can think of. It's competition is either front wheel drive or Haldex style all wheel drive.

Because Kia sponsored a lot of events there, and they literally gave a Kia shill a televised interview.

Kia are marketing it like madmen.

That being said, it's rwd, is available with 300-something hp, borrows good styling cues from other similar cars and, most importantly, it'll be cheap (price-wise and in quality/equipment/finishes) so poorfags can afford to finance and maintain it.

lol

365hp/376tq

There's that, AND a factory turbocharged 6 cylinder option. Would make a good go-to tuner sedan in the same way XR6 Turbo Falcons and VL Turbo Commodores in Ausfaggot land once were.

I’m just looking forward to a luxury sedan that isn’t boring to drive and doesn’t cost $50k+.

>Sedan
They were so close...

I’m actually glad that it’s a hatchback sedan. It’s the only reason I’m considering buying one, considering that I already own a Mustang Cobra and don’t need another boosted coupe.

Also, it’s a smart play on Kia’s part to make it a sedan and not a coupe. Because who would pick it over a Mustang GT, Camaro SS, or M3?

What is this

what the fuck are you talking about?

2018 Kia Stinger GT (though that particular image is of a lightly modded one from SEMA)

lol, It’s already ranked 9th place? That’s hilarious.

Nobody gives a shit what you own.

Who tunes kias?

Getting the blue one. That color doesn't look so bad

It comes in AWD and RWD.

Its too high tech, even compared to like, a 528i or 535 or whatever it competes with. Id rather a V6 Accord for resale value. Ill leave the face melting power for someone else.

No one now, but I can see this getting some minor attention from a few companies like the Genesis did when it came out.

A lot of people tune Fortes and the turbo Optima.

Sorry to hear about your poorfag situation. I hope your welfare check ends up being a little more than usual.

Which blue one? There are like three. But, that orange color is a custom paint job that was on a SEMA custom Stinger.

We know.

fugg, that infinity Q60 coupe looks sexy

How are they tuned, with what software?

Also how strong are Kia engines? I just don't see them as a big power platform. How much more boost can the blocks take before bits start breaking.

>kia
>luxury

> thinking this interior isn’t luxurious

Got pic of the red? I want a bigger screen.

>tablet high, front, and center
Wow this car definitely wants you focused on the drive

You can do both. You have slow reaction?

>shredding through touge while fully enjoying infotainment

This guy probably has something to do with it. It also explains why the new Genesis vehicles have suspension set-ups similar to BMWs.

>Around 25k
>Poorfags

oh geez, kiashill is back.

You went like 5 days without crapping up the board. Fell off the wagon, eh?

It's $33k for the 4-cyl

You mean 6

No dipshit:

(Update: A Kia spokesperson responded with the 2018 Kia Stinger’s official pricing:

$31,900 for base Stinger 2.0T
$37,000 for Stinger Premium 2.0T
$39,000 for GT 3.3 T
$43,500 for GT1 3.3T
$49,500 for GT2 3.3 T
AWD $2,200 for all models
Destination $895

So a loaded 4 cyl is $US 40k. A loaded AWD 6 cyl is friggin above $US 52k for a (((kia))).

I hear the theme from my little pony plays when you turn the fan on when the engine is off and the car is in park.

Damn they really improved the 2018 mustang

Is that stock rims?

>at car show
>styling bits galore
>painted in an eyesore color
>carbon shit all over

Do you think they're the stock wheels?

Yes

>TTV6
>DCT automatic
Yeah, no. It's nothing like either of these. It'll be easier to make a bit quicker than the VF SS, but it isn't going to come close to the XR6Ts.

Factory rice isn't a new thing to the gooks.

It would honestly look so much better if they removed the smaller grill that looks like a mustache.

>>most importantly, it'll be cheap

You fucking faggots are going to be really, really disappointed, it's going to be the goddamn FR-S/BRZ all over again.

Yeah, this car starts at $33,000... for the fucking base model, that is. You get to enjoy all 255hp of Turbo-4 fury in a fuck-huge 5-series sized sedan for STI money.

If you want the TTV6 you're going to have to pony up $40 large for the GT. I will have to give props to the Koreans for giving you Brembos as a base option for the GT-tier of the car, though.

FYI, you guys can buy a RWD 485hp Scat Pack Dodge Charger brand new RIGHT NOW for exactly the same price. Actually since it's a goddamn Dodge you can probably take $5k off of that without even batting an eye.

>OH Look another stinger thread

>lol, It’s already ranked 9th place? That’s hilarious.

this.

Seoulful Racing in PA
BTR in Chicago

>Things literally never change over time if it was bad when I was born it's bad now and that will never not be the case

>It's impossible for people to like Hyundai family products
No?

>naming shitty american cars
No thank you.

I started liking this car but then the massiv shilling operations on Veeky Forums started and now I fucking hate it.
>Kia shills should be gased

Sounds like you need to talk to a Kia salesman at your local Kia dealership about preordering a Kia Stinger. :D

Probably can’t afford it anyways.

>you have to be able to afford something to like it
What a brainlet

> user says he likes it and wants to get it
> then says all the shills saying great things about it made him not want to buy one
Yeah, it’s obvious that this user couldn’t afford one and is just talking himself out of liking it.

All cars these days look like this. Honestly cars in 2017 are boring as fuck because they're all basically the same and they're all really good.

> all cars these days look like this
Apparently Dodge, Chevy, and Volvo are stuck in the hard plastic age.

Fuck off ugly. You don't even have a job. No KIA will shill Neet fags on Veeky Forums.

I drove a Cadenza a couple weeks back and it felt pretty luxurious. I had a hard time believing it was a Kia I was sitting in.

He was lying to you
I only know maybe 2 shops that tune Korean cars, Hyundai doesn't really like their platforms to be open source so tuning is a bitch. The lambda v6 is rock solid, but finding someone who knows how to tune one is like finding a needle in a haystack

I wish the tau v8 was easily tunable

This just all depends on where you live. In my state, it’s a big race culture and multiple shops can tune them.

see
BTR even officially tuned engines for test cars for the new N badge.

Oh and not sur ehow I forgot Rhys MIllen. He literally set a pikes peak record in a Hyundai and tuned another for drag racing.

why does the dodge have a cane for a shifter?

Because old people want to feel young again in their new V8 Chargers and Challengers.

It's so hyped because it has a lot of things that people have been asking for for years and KIA has been riding a wave of improved build quality and popularity since around 2010. However, everything that isn't one of those headline-worthy new features about the car is still disappointing. So it looks good and has nice features but the sales won't match the hype in the long run

I think that the hype is only held within the car culture bubble and not with the rest of the world. Most people haven’t heard of the Stinger and would probably say “fuck buying a Kia for “$40k+” even though it’s drfinitely worth what you get out from it.

Underrated

Buying a chevy ss would be a much better investment, and a more enjoyable car to drive.

>376hp
Awww that's so cute, it thinks it's a grown up car

Holy shit it's a carbon copy of a mercedes interior.

> buying a car that is literally all hard plastic and old 60’s mechanical engineering and is now put out of production because no one wanted it
> much better investment
You what now?

Price difference......

> comparing a $62k car to a $39k car
Hmm.

It's a very good car. It wasn't advertised and it looks like a Malibu. It is only now after the end of production people are realizing how good it actually is.

It will hold its value better than the Kia. It's also faster. It's also cheaper to fix and maintain.

>rank 15

>Alfa
>1st

What kind of crackerjack bullshit list is this?

It’s not faster than the Kia. Not by a long shot.

>paying 50k for a KIA
A NEW MEME IS BORN

The GT starts at $39,000.

its only really worth it if you get the fully loaded GT2 package for $50k, and you might as well get the AWD option if you live anywhere that gets slightly wet or snowy.

honestly if i had to drop $50k on a new sedan, a Stinger GT would be pretty high on the list. most equivalents at that price are high trim FWD cuckboxes or something like a base BMW 4 series that lack the technology of a fully loaded Stinger.

Who the fuck cares? We talk about the 3.3l V6 here. No one cares about the based model because it has tiny 255hp on a 4200lbs car. If you pay 55k for a KIA you should see a doctor.

a base RWD I4 Stinger only weights 3600lbs, even the top trim AWD model is only a hair over 4000lb.

Are you fucking KIA shills retarded? This shitbox is 55k here in Germany. For this price I get a MY 2017 Mercedes C450 AMG. I hope all this fuckers here are trolls who pretend to shill.

>imports are priced differently than domestics in protectionist markets

Mercedes are much more expensive in the US, this C43 AMG with similar equipment packages to a Stinger GT2 costs $73,000.

mercedesbenzofbellevue.com/new/Mercedes-Benz/2018-Mercedes-Benz-AMG C 43-a4fd456f0a0d0c142179c29a453f4ff0.htm

$50k would get you-
>440i xdrive
>C43 AMG
>Q50 Red Sport
>Audi S4
>Jaguar XE-S

or a KIA

i xdrive
Fair
>>C43 AMG
>fake AMG
>>Q50 Red Sport
Fair
>>Audi S4
>rebadged VW
>>Jaguar XE-S
>pooinloo engineering

>rebadged Hyundai
>gookshit

In the real world, it's not. It's weighs about the same but has more power. The SS base line whp is the same, if not more than the Kias engine hp.

looking through local dealers actual prices, none of those even come close to a $50k price point.

>440i Xdrive - 61,385
>C43 AMG - 62,065
>Q50 Red Sport - 57,460
>Audi S4 - 52,950
>XE-S - 57,820

note that those are all the lowest priced models of those trims, most are $10,000 or more expensive once you add on options.

1) It’s worth it no matter what model you want to get considering the features it all comes with.

2) I’ll be getting the GT1 with RWD. It’ll be faster, lighter, and weather is never bad here.

3) The only thing I like from the GT2 is the nappa leather, automated trunk, and the hud on the windshield. I don’t really need all the proximity sensors and driving assists.

The GT is the Twin turbo 3.3L V6. And it starts at $39,000. The base turbo I4 starts at $32,000. And the V6 is ~4001 lbs while the I4 is under 3.6k lbs. Also, stop being poor. People can buy whatever they like.

Then buy it.

This.

And I’d rather have the Stinger GT than any of those.

All this except the BMW. Fuck that piece of shit.

Except the Kia has launch control, is boosted, and can come with AWD. Hell, Car and Driver got a 4.6 sec 0-60 in the AWD GT. The SS cannot compete what so ever.

>quotes KIA's msrp
>guise why are posting the msrp?!

> correcting incorrect information
> labeling it as damage control
Not even the same user, but you’re a colossal faggot. Go back to your sissy threads on

Holy shit! 10 min after KIA shills get called out on their bullshit they go full damage control mode like a swarm of killerbees. This is like when the GT86 came out.
>my face right now