/smtg/ - 真・女神転生/Shin Megami Tensei General

New 3DS game is called "Deep Strange Journey/Strange Journey Redux" further info and teaser:

atlus.com/strangejourney/home.html
shin-megamitensei.jp/dsj/
[YouTube] A Stranger Journey Awaits in Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux (embed)

SMT HD Project teased at Nintendo Switch Presentation:
[YouTube] Nintendo Switch: New Shin Megami Tensei Teaser (embed)

>Starter guide
i.imgur.com/zJcYpuE.png (embed)

>Tips and tricks
pastebin.com/J6ER3Eve (embed)

>Artbook, soundtrack, manga, and other downloads
pastebin.com/NqLRYf5n (embed)

>OST links
pastebin.com/kLbYxjFU (embed)

>Misc. translations
pastebin.com/pgEWmYfH (embed)

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX (embed)

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8y-dHKkp2zU
youtube.com/watch?v=TvSjDIxgG7o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Can I consider myself a TRUE Shin Megami Tensei if I never beated Nocturne on Hard Mode or never defetead Demi Fiend in Digital Devil Saga 1?

>Fem Demifiend
We should have stayed dead.

ASUPEKUTO RAIDOU

geez what's taking so long to link this back at the last thread

So after you kill Merkabah the plan is that everyone from Mikado move to Tokyo.... why?

It's completely retarded. Why doesnt everyone move to Mikado instead? Mikado has lush green plains, mountains, lakes, forests and pristine architecture and agriculture and cattle. Not to mention NO demons outside of Naraku and Kiccigiorgi Forest (even in the endgame the citizens are only just discovering demons exist). On the other hand Tokyo is a rotting city with destroyed buildings, several unlivable poisoned areas, no reliable source of food and water besides scavenging, pollution, and of course fucking demons everywhere. Even if Masakado can fix Tokyo to an extent it's just a no brainer that Mikado is a better place to live in once the Lawfags running it are dead.

It's stupid, this game is stupid. Seriously I was 'mirin the gorgeous backgrounds and architecture of Mikado so hard before the ending, such a shame it literally gets all rekt for stinky Tokyo.

ur joking right

Is this how world of Chaos looks like?
youtu.be/8y-dHKkp2zU

I never did both either so i say yes.

Besides normal is the intended difficulty so thats enough for SMT cred points.

What game have you played?

Nocturne on hard mode is just tedious and unfun and most haven't bothered with the rng Demifiend boss, whatever.
It's a good genderbend for what it is (and the two other demons got the same treatment.).
They gave her actual breast support for one.

Muh Goddess.

What do you want to see both gameplay wise and story wise in SMT V?

Nocturne style fusion autism
An ending that actually solves some of those Great Will-related problems without making a black hole

Heroine back and make her have combo magic with the protag.
I want something more in the feel of Megami Tensei 2.

>nearly died again

For fuck sake lads, keep it together.

Gameplay
>everything from SMT4A including smirks
>maybe some new damage types like nuclear or weapon types
>heroine
>open world or somehow close to that
Story
>Setting like Tokyo Millennium would be good, but judging from trailer it probably be another fucked up Tokyo
>designs like in old SMT
>enemy characters like Krishna
>something something law vs chaos vs neutral

>A soundtrack that can compete with IV's
>Apocalypse affinities and fusion
>Game is like the start of SMT1 and things get fucked up later.
>Human party members and heroines.
>And pic related

Sacrificial fusion and controllable partners if they are kept

>smtg told me 4A had good voice acting
>hear the Black Market shopkeeper's voice

We lied. Only Dagda and Krishna are any good

>Odin
>Gaston
>Shesha-Flynn
>Fagdramelech

Also Inanna's "Fill me with your blood"

Come to your mother

Man that Maria clip from DSJ has me hype.

I wonder where does she fit in the hierarchy of Mothers of the schwarzwelt.

Also wonder if Demiurge will remain the ultimate boss, also if they will reveal from who the voice is after you defeat Demiurge.

Gaston's voice is nothing special though. And SheshaFlynn is just modified Flynn who sounds a bit gayer.

is there any significant QoL change from vs the Soulless Army to vs King Abaddon?

King Abbadon has:
>Better demon roster, like much much better.
>Now your demons drain your mag to use skills, making filling mag by exploiting weakness much more important.
>No longer random encounters in towns.
>Raidou runs faster.
>Now you negotiate with demons, demons also helps you negotiated if they have certain skills-
>Much more side game content.

SA has a better story but KA has better characters like the Tsukigatas siblings.

now I really need to push myself to finish the first game, thanks for the info user google was being a bitch about it

>adding negotiations to an action rpg
>good

Honestly tube cramming was a little lame plus i like getting materials from hte demons.

Oh yeah forgot that the whole bullet stuff is gone, your gun just stun enemies since demons now inbue your gun or sword with elemental properties.

Negotiations are way better than the tube shit.

Three things:

CRAFTING
OPEN WORLD
SURVIVAL ELEMENTS

And SMT will be saved.

Choose your boy.

>OPEN WORLD

I'm ok with this

Aleph looks best.

this, but I will always love Hero most

>SMT will never have those cancerous elements
Feels good, man.

Better list.

Gameplay wise I think demons should also have affinities with certain other demons. For example if you have Cu Chulainn and Scathach in your party they should get combo moves or a boost in stats. Likewise with negotiation if a demon in your party like Thor sees an enemy Loki or Odin then there should be some unique dialogue between them.

For story I just want an intro like SMT I

Aleph and Flynn have the best aesthetics

>is now magically a v thread

Somebody has the pic from Apoc while fighting Adramelech "your face twists into a smile"?

Has anyone ever drawn him with his hood up? It reminds me of Kikuri-Hime kinda.

Why are the first three trying to be such fucking show offs with their COMPs?

Raidou 2 negotiation system a best desu.

It is really difficult for me to enjoy DDS1 with this frame rate

I wanna kill the Axiom.

Odin is literally COMPLEX MOTIVES MINDHACC

Are you emulating? I played most of that game at like 15fps on an ancient toaster.

what do you think of this woke negro?

I was afraid that he will rape me if I would go any other route

this

more 80's post-apocalypse with punk rockers

where's nakajima and the MT2 protag (who has a fucking robot arm by the way)

Man smt iv gets fun around level 34, having minotaur, frost ace, and black frost in my party is a blast.

>CRAFTING
>OPEN WORLD
>SURVIVAL ELEMENTS
>the three red flags of cancer of modern videogaming in my SMT
Dropped.

Most SMT games don't get fun until you unlock the cooler fusion options.

Which is another reason to go Law and just destroy the fucking city. It's an utter shithole filled with demons and batshit insane fucked up humans. I just can't imagine the people of Mikado mixing, and living with the people of Tokyo. They are exteremely different, I bet after a while they would try to kill eachother.

Is this the Neutral route? You're going to remove the dome, aka most of Mikado.

Personafag here, bought SMT IV a few days ago.
30 hours in now, never would I have thought that these games get so fun. It was a slight drag to get through the initial 10-15 hours, crippling rng-driver difficulty aside, nothing happened story wise, but now that the game picked up? It's awesome.

I hope I'm doing everything right, I want to finish this game the way I intended and play Apocalypse too when I find it in a store.

You guys were right all long.

You are a big oni

Glad you're enjoying yourself. It's a pretty fun series.

>apoc
hope you don't care too much about story
that aside, yeah, IV picks up a lot after early game hell, smirk+press turn is still messy as hell all the way through, though

>you can explore most of the overworld freely
>you craft swords and demons
>you need items to heal and survive

Maybe it was cancer all along.

After IV and IVA what game will you try out next?

The story is not bad, the problem lies with how the cast reacts to it, and the narrative is fucking shit.

>Man that Maria clip
Wait what? More new info was shown?

>youtube.com/watch?v=TvSjDIxgG7o

Anyone can translate please.

>this city is a shithole because we killed a ton of their people and forced them to seal themselves underground to avoid annihilation, resulting in a demon-infested dystopia where power fell into the hands of demons and autocrats
>they show desire and potential for peaceful existence and the actions of the samurai suggest it could be made a reality in a few years' time
>let's ignore the moral objections of those able to work towards peace and wage a genocidal war on them
lawfags, everyone

>the story is not bad
>the narrative is fucking shit
uhh

DDS or Nocturne, I don't care much about negotiating with demons, as it's frustrating enough so might as well go with DDS.

TBQH, I'll prolly just play all of them at some point, I really like these games.

What I mean to say is how, despite the game presenting you with to options
>kill your friends
>be a anime protag
it REALLY shoves your throat the later, the whole game. It does not make any sense for Nanashi to be an edgelord. I dont know what to call it but the story itself is solid just the final choice is fucking shit I guess.

It works well in Breath of the Wild but Atlus will never make an AAA game.

My nip is bad but I think it's
>Human...? you're human... then what am I...?
>Human...? No, that's wrong... O-Oh!
>That's right... Remember... I remembered...

Having watched over 100 animes, I can confirm this is... more or less, what she says.

>i will go neutral so that i can achieve false """"peace"""" for a decade

even if the unclean ones "show" their desire for peace as long as YHVH doesnt approve it everything will start over again. what you are doing is literally just looking away from the reality that either law or chaos MUST win. go law or chaos i dont care but going neutral is jus t fucking retarded.

He is proto-Gale.

Whats the consensus of Devil Survivor 2?

Good game overall.
I liked DeSu1 better personally, but DeSu2 is good.

Don't worry about the consensus, just play it.

>law or chaos must win
all you have to do is push their shit in every time they show up
it happens to be a valid tactic in every game

Lighter and goofier than the first with a polarizing cast of characters but the core gameplay is intact and better than ever.

Not really, just have your demons on buff/healing/ailments and have Nanashi and Gaston do the work.

Shesha is easy, just boring.

No, just punch him with your magic sword. The first fight is pretty scripted, so it shouldn't be a problem no matter what you have.

HELLO ADVERTISING MY NEW STREM HERE PLEASE FOLLOW twich dot tv slash althazarsama

Fuck off

Speesh Marine still best boy.

When is If... coming?

Sometime in 20XX. Gideon Zhi has very little time for it nowadays and refuses to hand the project off to other people

Never ever.

It won't be out any time soon
If...ever.

The voices need to be raised the fuck up.

the best way to stream

My waifu is so beautiful.

>Waifuing a character based on entirely on looks
fucking degenerate

yukiko amagi looking ass

I'll waifu my chaotic lawful dick in your ass if you ever talk to me or Alex like that again.

i want larry to leave