What did your dead grandpa drive?

What did your dead grandpa drive?

Mine had a '74 Camaro, no idea where it is now, or if it's even in one piece.

Black 72 F250 as his work truck. Family still uses it on the ranch

Mine had a red 2004 cadillac DTS. My other grandpa who is still alive drives a Dodge Nitro or his 97 dodge ram van. Not very interesting

Some year Moskvitch. He switched to a Mazda 3 later.

Mostly Buicks, always new-ish for the time period.

When he passed away, I think he had like an 03, and it was 2013.

e30 m3 was the most notable car
also a 993 of some sorts

'99 SAAB 93, I currently drive it after my father inherited it and was going to sell it.

Datsun 100A

>Satsuma

An Austin Metro

Not gonna lie, the seats were maximum comfy. Very soft.

His last car was a 2008 Pathfinder with a VK56.

My very live grandpa drives an R8.
My dead one drove an XK140 among other assorted British Sportscars

He had a 72 yellow Pontiac Le Mans.

We saw it years after he passed parked on a street next to us. We still had the key for it. Never saw it again.

>Never saw it again
iktf

On my father's side, they sold the car long before he died.

On my mother's side, he was driving a mk3 Ford Fiesta, which was passed down to me.
After replacing the tires and exhaust, washing the wax off the exterior (he was a beekeeper right up until he died) and scraping it away from the switches, it turned out he was driving TWO mk3 fiestas. Or rather, the front half of one car and the rear half of another.
Shortly after that was discovered, my mother insisted I trade it for the insurance excess on her car (which I bent while borrowing it), and then sold it shortly afterwards.
DESU, I don't want to drive anything without power steering ever again. And after my old car, I'm adding power-assisted brakes to that list as well.

Have you ever tried to stop while rolling when your car is off? It takes so much pressure to stop.

he's not dead yet thankfully, I truly love that man.
his retirement gift to himself was a relatively pristine C4 corvette.

Hearing stories from my dad about this car are some of my best car related memories

Several cars. His last projects were a 1965 Bisquain 454 swapped and a 1957 Thunderbird. The one i remember him having for the longest time were 1929 Ford Model A with a Boss 302 in it and a 1986 Corvette which he left me in inheritence

Tons of old school hot rods and a short bed 1500 as a DD. He helped found a pretty sweet rod run in southern california

Jaguar E-Type, couple old Mercs, a Volvo 240 Coupe, and a 60-something Impala. He also took his honeymoon in an MG Midget and made a Countach limo at one point.

1993 dodge intrepid, bought new.
I remember the back seat being absurdly comfy with legroom for days. Underrated 90s econoyacht

My grandpa was too fucking poor to even feed his wife and nine fucking kids, never mind afford machinery. I never met him, either, he never wanted to leave his country

I know at one point he drove a 62 thunderbird.
My alive grandpa drives a 2016 Chystler 300 C

75 ford maverick

a wheelchair

both grandads drove pic related.

1988 Holden VL with the 6 cylinder nissan engine. one had the auto, one had the manual, both non-turbo.

Somewhat related, my mom bought this new in '84, 2.3 turbo, 5sp GT

In the early 80's my father used this as a winter beater after his Bronco was stolen.

A '65 Pontiac Catalina 2+2 with a 440. Was able to drive from Riverside to Modesto in a little less than five hours; total lead foot.

My grandfather drove Oldsmobiles, my dad said he always got those over caddy’s because they were more subtle.

I am normally indifferent to 60's car styling, but this one is nice.

He drove some variant of the 2106.

>What did your dead grandpa drive?
i dont have a dead grandpa

..yet

jinxed

1975 Cadillac sedan Deville. Still have it and finally got it back on the road. Gas tank gauge doesn't work. Rear drums are toast and both bumper shocks are leaking but it's allll good.

Are you Finnish?

A sixth gen thunderbird with a 460

No, because I use the handbrake to keep the car in place before shutting off the engine.

To stop my old car on a motorway sliproad, I had to stand on the brake pedal, and prop myself against the seat in order to push the pedal down all the way. While changing gears to use engine--braking. That didn't have power brakes at all.
To stop my current car in the same conditions, I press the brake pedal and it stops. I don't have to force it down, it doesn't take more force than is holding me to the seat, and I don't need to engine-brake to assist the brakes. And, as a bonus, it has ABS to stop the wheels locking up when I have to brake suddenly to avoid a fuckwit.

Power assists are the best thing ever when you don't have 300lb of fat to apply against pedal forces.

54 Ford sedan

He owned one of these because it was his only choice. He doesn't talk much about his life under the iron curtain.

Thankfully one of my grandparents are still alive, he sold off his 65 corvair to my brother and I am trying to buy his 65 Greenbrier that is rusting in his backyard. He also has a 64 impala that never moves from the garage.
The car that he is most famous for in the community is his ramp side though.
Pic related is a picture someone drew of him with it

My other grandpa had this 64 spyder that he and my dad just finished restoring before he died.

Both my grandfathers are still alive, one drives a green 91 oldsmobile cutlass which always has his canoe tied to the roof, the other drives an 05 ford expedition.

My grandparents are alive tho.

Some may say it's the communist Cadillac

What do you mean did? He had a Zaporozhets, then a Moskvitch, or maybe the other way around, then a Lada, then a Wartburg, then a Renault, then a Peugeot and another Peugeot, then a Toyota and now a Hyundai.

jinxed

gee, thanks OP for reminding me he's gone.

anyways, he drove an aerostar

Probably the coolest one of the four cars in total he ever owned was a 124 Special.

Spyder? The actual turbo one? Super cool.

International scout. Uncle sold it for practically nothing. Kept the money himself. Turns out it was willed 'to the kids who need cars' if you ask me, that means 16 year old me, and not 45 year old child of grandad who thinks kids means grandpa's kids, and not actual kids.

I'm still salty about it. Update your will.

Some year of second generation Lincoln Town Car. Sold once he became too demented to drive safely.

84 Corolla wagon

Not exactly sure about his cars but he used to own a Tiger Moth when he was young.
Kind of cool to think that my grandfather flew over the New Zealand countryside in one of these.
He even kept a little honda motorbike in the passenger seat, a Z50 I think.
Pic related, not his one obviously

willies from 1960-1990, then got a hardbody. Was a cement drainage pipe salesman, worked at the same company for 30 years and had 1 car for 15 years that was a jeep without a top. He had 5 kids and a wife that also worked.

fucking nutters

My uncle drove a two door land Rover with fives kids. Those little bench seats had two kids each and one on the floor. That looks down right reasonable in comparison.

1997 Toyota Land Cruiser and later a 2006 Hyundai Santa Fe and a 2003 Honda CR-V

Idk whether to laugh or not.

From what I've heard, great grandpa had a first gen ram like me

If going with living grandpa, maternal one had about every meme muscle car+a vette

bmw motorcycle
Plymouth valiant
subaru loyal wagon
ford Taurus

My Gramps took a flight to Germany and drove a brand new pic related all the way back to Tehran. He almost got car jacked on the way but was able lose them driving. Certain country roads also had kids threatening to throw rocks at your car if you didn't throw change/goods out of the window .

My grandpa drove ZHIGULI. Red one like this.

1986 Chevy C10 Wrangler

My grandpa was a farmer and needed a good solid work truck. Grandpa has been gone for twenty years now, but his truck is still going strong!

1988 Ford F150

1956 Ford in baby blue.

Granddad bought it new, it later became my dad's first car in high school, now it sits in the garage almost restored.

1981 Oldsmobile 98 Regency Brougham in this exact goddamn color. That car was a comfy boat.

1st gen T bird, I miss him

Forgot pic, this exactly, Dad Sold it a long time ago, so comfy

1985 VK Commodore Group A SS, literally the coolest guy ever when i was a kid.

I find that lil picture insanely cute. He just looks so happy. I hope Fred is happy with his life.

Mine was a farmer so if you don't count the numerous trucks and agricultural equipment the last thing he had was a 1998 Buick Park Avenue Ultra.

Not at all exciting really

My grandfather was in the Seabees in Dubja Dubja Two.

Unfortunately he passed before I matured into a functional adult who could actually ask him about his experiences in any meaningful manner, but he did mention once that he drove bulldozers.

Pic maybe related? Only model of 'dozer I could find when I googled "WWII Seabees Bulldozer", so probably something like this.

>kids threatening to throw rocks at your car if you didn't throw change/goods out of the window .

Fucking low life piece of shit gypsies

Yes

Mercedes Benz W114 or maybe W115 (in this colour)
this was the most significant one he owned
sold it some point mid 90s
pretty sure it doesn't exist anymore, not to mention i never knew the VIN so no way of tracking it down anyway
might buy one like it down the line

Old Cadillac, which is long gone, and a 1963 Corvair Monza, which is in my uncle's shop and hasn't moved since 1978. I think we might have actually convinced my uncle to let us start helping him fix the Corvair though.

He had a '55 Bel Air for awhile was the most impressive thing he owned that I know of and have seen in pictures (never got to meet him died two months before I was born), also Rode a Goldwing which he rode around the country with my Grandma before he died.