So is RAM slowly turning into Tesla now?

So is RAM slowly turning into Tesla now?

Other urls found in this thread:

autotrader.com/research/article/car-news/270469/are-gauge-cluster-screens-the-greatest-threat-to-automotive-longevity.jsp
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

or companies realize that touchscreens are much better and that people want them

lets just put a tablet in the dash bruh

autotrader.com/research/article/car-news/270469/are-gauge-cluster-screens-the-greatest-threat-to-automotive-longevity.jsp

who cares about longevity?

its a non issue

just get a new car when your lease is up

>wanting disposable cars

every car is disposable and nearly every car has been about planned obsolescence since what the 20s

>wanting an old piece of shit

What if I fall in love with the Ram and pay upfront to keep it?

its very wasteful

dont fall in love with technology?

especially cars

once you do that youre already making irrational decisions and may as well commit to your money dump

welcome to capitalism

why should i buy a car designed to fall apart over an older vehicle that was designed properly that will last for decades?

thats true capitalism

>or companies realize that touchscreens are much better

do please elaborate..

planned obsolescence has been a thing since the 1920s tho

only way cars last so long are when you spend more money than theyre worth on repairs or put up with the problems

its cheaper to maintain an old vehicle than buy a new one

why have a bunch of ugly controls everywhere when you can have a touch screen that handles everything

Why have an obnoxious bright tablet shining at you at night?

I'll take pic related any time unless a tablet can somehow emulate it.

there was nothing wrong with that, to me personally.

of course i haven't seen a cluster of buttons in a long time because i have succumbed to touch screens.

Turn it off, or either dim your screen by using the settings.

the quality of a newer vehicle is much higher and much more reliable and less of a headache tho

then if something does happen you have warranties or even recalls to help out

like damn I friends truck is getting a $14k usd job done for free because of a recall

its not that bright and its adjustable

blue lights are also horrible at night just a so you know kinda thing

>then if something does happen you have warranties or even recalls to help out
Warranties are nice but expensive to maintain and new cars are grossly overpriced.

I'm surprised more people don't just buy fleet vehicles if they care about reliability. We had an E350 that ate 450k miles of pure abuse before it needed a major repair and we picked it up for 2k. Vehicles designed for fleet use are built to a completely different standard.

a family member just got a brand new engine in a 120k mile kia because of a warranty

Except that has been a proven failure for every brand since the dawn of the automotive. No matter how hard manufacturers try to push new shit, there is a level of romanticism attached to cars.

Normies are even subject to it. There are shittons of average people who prefer to keep their old beater out of sentimentality than trade it for convenience.

It's why a decent condition 70 Challenger will go for more than a brand new, no miles Demon. Objectively, the 1970 is far, FAR worse than the brand new car, but some people just prefer the older one.

You can plan to make your own product obsolete, but deliberately doing it like your Apple ruining the last generation of phones with an update is retarded.

I guess because people want more features

that said I know a family that bought 2 fleet Malibus (momma and daughter) for the family and theyve put up with them for years now with little hassle

hes getting an entirely new frame because lol Toyota rust

your average 1970 Challenger doesnt sale for shit compared to a Demon

only HEMI cars and T/As are really valuable and thats because theyre rare

at that point youre buying it more as a art piece or collectible to have as an investment than as a car

This is a very capitalist pig mindset

>just keep buying our new cars you mindless consumer, yesss!!!!

its not buying its leasing

>I guess because people want more features
Fleet vehicles will always be behind on features sure but they've come a long way recently especially when it comes to comfort. A 2010 or later fleet vehicle has about the same features as a base 2005 vehicle but with a better upholstery and seat ergonomics (except the transit connect, those seats suck). Besides I'm specifically talking about people looking for reliability, fleet vehicles have to be reliable to win big contracts and make sales and the market is very competitive. I've owned quite a few personals and driven probably 60 different models at this point and have had dozens of fleet trucks for work (some same models mind you) and the shit my work trucks put up with is insane. I'm honestly thinking about adding a e350 to my personal lineup due to how cheap and hassle free they've been for us although pic related was my favorite truck ever.

I've got a fleet model Tacoma, and agree with you completely. Truck has been fantastic, and after a couple oem mods it's become perfect.

Until it shits the bed and nothing, not even your fucking heater, works

I don't. my hands are dirty all the time from work and the last thing I want to worry about is if my fucking dash will work because I have a minor smudge of fucking dirt on my finger.

My ranger is older than you and runs better than whatever shitbox you drive. I know you're just a baiting tripfag so enjoy your (you)

no need to be so triggered

your truck is just an old piece of shit