So, my car has started presenting some weird electrical problems...

So, my car has started presenting some weird electrical problems, yet i need to undertake a 400 km journey with it as it is, cause no shop wanted to deal with it asap, only next week.

Cheer me up with your stories how you broke down on the highway, so i can laugh at myself waiting for the tow.

pic related, but not my car

Other urls found in this thread:

autoserviceprofessional.com/article/91503/Chasing-common-electrical-problems-with-the-Ford-Focus?Page=2
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tfw your car has all sorts of issues and took you on a 2000km trip across the country without breaking down

Keep safe, senpai

This, it's a matter of luck m8.
I travelled 400km to a villa in the mountains for New Year and the car made it home through heavy snow and awful weather, only to break down (snapped gear lever cable) once I was already safely home and decided to go to a friend's house.

tfw when the avarage age of cars in legal use is 13.9 years and half of the cars running around are between 11 - 20 years of age in horrible conditions and still most people wouldnt ever buy a new car cause thats bullshit ripoff etc - welcome to Hungary

I traveled from Corsica to Paris and back in an old uninsured, not braking, almost oilless Opel Corsa B and made it out without any problem.

Luck is of the essence my man. Believe in you car, stop when you must, treat her gently, and hopefully she'll make it back to you.

Praise the machine god.

It's the wiring loom that goes into the hatch user.

>be college
>small time pot dealer to frat bros
>need to re up
>nearest dispensary with good shit is 350 miles away
>hop in Focus 9am
>arrive at dispensary at 3pm
>buy 30+ grams of medical grade oil
>hash oil had no legal carry limit, was total grey zone
>risking my livelihood for some pocket cash but whatever
>leave dispensary
>pick up long distance gf to take back for the week
>start 6 hour drive back around 4pm
>30 minutes later car dies
>on a fucking bridge
>have to call city highway dpt for a jump
>get jump, drive 30 minutes
>gotta get gas
>pull into station
>fill up
>car no start
>ask nice asian man for a jump
>get jump
>car is running but dash is totally dead
>fugggg.jpg
>drive another 30 minutes
>car starts losing power
>dies
>now in boonies, have to get picked up by state patrol
>don't want to leave $1500+ worth of hash oil in car
>gf puts it in one of her many travel bags
>trooper shows up, frisks me
>doesn't frisk gf
>doesn't search bags
>takes us to local McDonals, car gets towed to yard for the night
>stay in shitty hotel
>next morning
>buy new battery, limp car to local mechanic
>alternator harness is fucked
>mechanic did a band aid fix, drove home 300 miles more paranoid than ever

made it home eventually, I ended up doing that 700 mile 12 hour trip again a few times with no problems. gf did me a huge solid but also turned out to be a pathological liar and overall crazy bitch so we split a year or two after that.

have you had problemes on focus II like that ?

mechanic said generator and battery are ok, still my headlights and everything electric in the car is going crazy lights dim air conditiong vents go slow and back again

car runs just fine, but in the dark its crazy, not safe

I haven't, but it's a common issue.

autoserviceprofessional.com/article/91503/Chasing-common-electrical-problems-with-the-Ford-Focus?Page=2

interesting article, thx!

i will drop the car at an electric shop next week, wonder what they find, what they will charge me

dont have the time to look around my self, sadly , as i currently thinking about going to school to learn as an auto electrician, thinking about more and more people buy electric vehicles

>push clutch in at stop sign
>*DINK*
>Cable broke c:
>Syncros fucked so I have to be in first gear until I get to work

park car on hill, car pointing down on a grade, few feet from nose of the car is a sheer drop. whole parking lot is on this fucked up place and whole parking lot is tilting downwards. only some shitty iron low fence at the edge

> mfw realize i just finished driving school 2 weeks ago

> mfw no experience whatsoever starting the car backwards on a grade

> fucking driving school never taught me

watch youtube videos on auto driving on a grade for an hour
start car pulling back without rolling 1 inch forward

> almost head heartattack

neverforget

Hold on boys, this may take a bit

>need to head from Vermont to Tennessee and back
>Choice of 93 4 cyl jap pickup that leaks oil at the balance shaft and power steering fluid with stock exhaust or Volvo 240 that surges cuz it's running lean with no exhaust and misaligned cuz I tagged it with a crane truck foot, long story
>300 dollar pickup it is. 7 year old battery and presumably stock alternator, whole front of engine and alternator covered in thick slime and coolant too. I know it's never gonna make it but no time to fix
>Jesus take the wheel, i sleep in back of open pickup in Syracuse; cannonball to Nashville
>Surprisingly make it, gently optimistic
>On way back with grill, outside of Louisville I mention the dash lights seem dim
>Radio cuts out
>I know exactly what's happening and how fucking fucked I am, kill all electronics and floor it
>Stumble into gas station, grab meter and pop the hood
>10.2 volts, wew. I spray with some fluid and wipe slime off, trying not to lose any fingers. Miraculously voltage is ever so slowly climbing as I check it.

Cont
>We get food, fuel up. Battery climbed up to 12.8 volts, I say fuck it let's go. It's 11 pm so nothing is open, waiting won't help us
>Head north
>Hmm, the windshield wipers aren't that strong
>radio cuts out
>FUCK I'm cursing myself silently. We're like 10 miles up the road, with an exit 12 miles north of us. We're so fucked. I did this
>Illegal u turn, fuck it
>Kill all electronics except low beams turns out the brushes in the alternator were going, it would charge a little but not enough,bso we were less fucked than I thought. Still, I heard banjos.
>Make it to exit, pull truck apart and clean the alt with starting fluid, that doesn't change anything so we stay at super 8. 2 vermonters Head to Denny's in fucking louisville Kentucky at 3 am, good times.
>Get drunk, have hot hotel sex
>Miraculously, there's an advance with an alterator for a 93 mighty max 1,4 miles away
>Idle truck to charge, we limp there. I switch alternators
>Battery is charging at 14 volts flat, we're good to go, luckiest fuckers alive

Or so I thought

>about 40 miles up the road, daylight now so cruising with Windows open and no lights
>Radio cuts out
>Fuckmylife. We're so behind already and I've already got so many burns on my hands from removing the alternator.
>Barely limp into gas station. Pop hood, watch voltage go 9.9 9.8 ... Battery is dead, killed by the alternator going
>I'm broken. Pull off the pumps. The hood is up, it's 100 degrees, I've got a Mitsubishi in the middle of NOWHERE Kentucky full of weed, fireworks, beer and my girlfriend
>The truck goes through it's death throes and sputters out
>Google says there's an auto parts store 12 miles in one direction, a Walmart ten in the other.
>My GF, who thinks I can make anything work, has the "I know you'll think of something" look on. I'm just... Broken
>Slam a beer, hit a bowl. Slam another. I don't want to leave the truck, I don't want to send my girlfriend off, we have little water, it's hot and we're fucked.
>11 percent battery on my phone, I grab it and look up the auto parts store
>Turns out it's a federated auto parts store, I ask if he could maybe drive one to me with one of his guys?
>Miracle happens, he can. He also lets me convince him that even though he doesn't have one that "fits" I just need.one with 12voltd
>My phone dies. I'm not 100 sure they know where we are.
>Hour later, a Chevy aveo and a battery pull up, only charged me 100 bucks and the guy tried to refuse a tip
>We're back in business, head north

Jesus. Talk about stressful. Made it home only needing to replace a belt...

>be me
>highschool senior
>did oil change day before
>driving to school
>oil pressure suddenly drops
>panic and pull to the side of the road
>oil slick down the road leading to my truck
>looks like it came from the gasket on the oil filter
>hitch hike to town
>get oil and filter at auto zone
>there were two gaskets on the oil filter
>WTF?
>put in new filter and fill with oil
>am 30 minutes late to school

I hope that tow truck gets there user

Easy beginners mistake, at least you cut it out early.

I think i got lucky. Idk why the seal didnt burst when i first turned it on

Take all your fuses out and clean them. Don't get them mixed up. Take the fuse for the fuel pump out, start the car, let it die from lack of fuel, put the fuel pump fuse back in. Also clean your battery terminals

Not a car issue but I had a tire blowout on my snowmobile trailer on the freeway and I almost lost control of the situation. Why must my weekends be plagued with shit like this?

Lol get rekt. My trailer came off one time when I hit speed bump. Holy shit, I had really really bad day.

OP here, car made the journey today, without problems, 150-160 kmh no problem.
Car goes to service next week they will probably change everything and charge me more than the car is worth.

this everything just sounds weird an unnecessary