/ovg/ - Falken Edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. FUCKING READ IT FOR FUCKS SAKES All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing ARCA and AC on Weekends! Check out our Google doc for more info.
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Y0SwlMohRng
youtube.com/watch?v=VFoin2JH1CM
youtube.com/watch?v=IqVPcN1nJEs
actrackrebootproject.wixsite.com/ac-track-re-boot
youtube.com/watch?v=QH6v8XQ38yw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for RR3

>join WAT1

new forza 6 autocross tournament be there

Name a better game

seeing squid girl pummeling a nissan is always a welcome sight in the thread

>pic related is also a welcome sight

mods are asleep, post flight sims

>tfw not many good looking hatchbacks in Forza 7

The main problem is the Forza wing for me desu
Half of them would look good if it wasn’t so out there

>tfw you unironically like the hatch wing on most hatches
it looks odd on the wagons though

youtu.be/Y0SwlMohRng

>blaming hardware for shitty screen capping software

isn't that like, the same thing you're complaining about?

Fuckin thank you

I have what you want

Put up or shut up.

you have my email money in my paypal and you will get what you want

Worst VGT

better than Forza who still has the Q60 Concept as a car despite it having been in production for years now.

GT still had the GTR Proto all the way through 6. Mind you not only did they have virtually every version of the R35, but it was slower than the previous GTR Tokyo concept

Well I mean kaz has an excuse, the GTR is like if you threw together all the Ford and Chevy fanboys and added in the diesalbros for good measure as far as fan base in Japan goes.
Forza doesn’t really have much ground to stand on considering it’s one of 3-4 Infiniti branded cars they even offer.
But year so many R35s sounds annoying as shit. I got unreasonably annoyed at NFS2015 for wasting 3 car spaces on Toyoburus with different badges

sent ;)

>I make meme coz I funny.

Fuck off...

>user will never cum on a picture of james

Guys, how do I remove 3 seconds off this youtube.com/watch?v=VFoin2JH1CM

cut the track

more throttle everywhere

Don't use brake, use handbrakes

/ovg/ flying series when?

Yes Sir!

Can't do that, limited on grip as it is any more and I start to understeer/oversteer.

This game has a handbrake?!

now youre getting it. its justified because you're on pace too

>can't do that
Bull fucking shit, you have tons of grip left

Brake heavily and shift all weight to one side

I have sent friend requests to everyone on the doc and be sure to accept the request to be able to race. Lobbies will be set to friends only so anyone who isn't buddies with me won't be racing.

Also do the teams thing. these may be pretend race cars but these aren't pretend friendships.

I'l do America proud and cut my own path through the course!

I'm serious

Yeah, that's what I though as well when taking a look at the guys replay that got 1.12
He brakes way more heavy than me and downshifts to engine brake as well. Though when I tried similar approach the wheels would lockup when I downshift while braking in a straight line using the same tempo as him. As for brakes I am already pressing them as hard as possible.

>As for brakes I am already pressing them as hard as possible.
Why are you using ABS? It's not enabled on the server. Same with TCS.

damn straight. hit a few indians to really seal the deal

I'm serious. I uploaded the replay.

youtube.com/watch?v=IqVPcN1nJEs

You turn in too early and it makes you get back on the power too late.

Tbh you drive like a pussy.

>Why are you using ABS?
>Same with TCS
Where can I check if these things are enabled or not?
Also I highly doubt TCS is enabled considering how easy it is to lose traction if I just add a bit more throttle.

Dunno what to tell you man, how much does your server car setup differ from the default setup the game gives you?

>You turn in too early and it makes you get back on the power too late.
I'l experiment with that and see how it goes.

>Tbh you drive like a pussy.
Am I supposed to crash into walls, spin out and cut the track as much as possible?

Server setup is ARCA_WatkinsGlen and should be the default.
All I did was change the steering lock from 8 to 9.

Well I dunno then, you guys seem to be able to carry much more speed and accelerate with less worries, either it's because you are just more smooth than me which lets you put out more, or the fact that my throttle pedal is dying so its wonky, I either I use 50% sens and end up in a situation where even when I floor it, it doesn't register as that I am on full gas, or I increase the sensitivity of the pedal to 100%(which is the setting i used in the video) and I have about 5-10mm to go from nothing to full throttle.

What /ovg/ series should we bring back?

fuck off dipshit

I've been out of asetto corsa for a long time, and i recently downloaded Usui and C1 loop.

What are some other essential tracks? Bonus if it has a working minimap

What got you all bothered all of a sudden?

>use broken controllers
>wonder why youre off pace
besides the fact that youre not good i have a really good idea where youre losing time.

it seems online freemode was advertised and after launch all mention of it was scrubbed from the website

>besides the fact that youre not good i have a really good idea where youre losing time.
Hey I just wanted to know what time I can pull off with no experience and sub optimal equipment. No harm in trying?

OVG Opinion on Pic Related?

>besides the fact that youre not good
you expect some shitter that got the game a couple of days ago and probably done very little racing to be anything other than shit?

i wish i could make tracks for a real racing game instead of Rust v0.02

is this too cartoonishly aggressively banked side to side? are these turns too tight? i dont even wanna begin on off-track geometry or on-track detailing until this like 2 meters or w/e of road is absolutely perfect and sets a standard of what is acceptable for the rest of it

please note that the part in obvious gray/orange dev textures will probably have a grippy natural sufrace later, like gravel or tamped dirt. the pressed concrete and poured concrete will remain level accross their widths wherever that material is used and only be not level to change elevation, unlike the dev textured bit thats all waverly

youd think with how much he plays shift 2000 he would know how to drive

More racing games could use a rewind feature in the multiplayer

Please, fucking delete this. It's disgusting.

>shift
>skill
I am sure PaRappa the Rapper will prepare him for the hardships of racing as well

do you understand the passage of time and people's placement in that line, user

Every day, /ovg/ moves further from the light of God

This is, without a doubt, a post on /ovg/.

going to run a crash team racing tournament soon be there

this is the most pathetic thing i have ever read in my life why would you post that?

this is ironic, but if it were real I'd definitely show up

Is this what it's like to live in a country rife with islamic terrorism?

honestly all of this is semi-ironic since i started doing this shitpost when people were talking about series being too samey so i'm just putting the worst ideas out there and seeing what sticks

why is this allowed

Hope you got the RD version of Usui. Be sure to get Akina 2017 for dat online 24/7 touge
actrackrebootproject.wixsite.com/ac-track-re-boot

is this even a driving game

>tfw no turn based racing games

>No tabletop racing RPG

Why fucking live at all

desu i'd play that, it would be fun to choose your line and then find out if you chose the right one

actually that exists, there are rules for street racing tabletops though i can't remember the names

With as much number-crunching is involved in tabletop, I guess that could work out, yeah

such nuanced tire physics

It fucks with the fidelity of the replay function, but it does not make the drag cars randomly roll over. As you can see in my webms, even trying to make the cars behave as they do in your webms is impossible.

>he wasn't there for /ovg/FormulaDe

What the actual fuck is this?

what is this

what the fuck are these

Tabletop Simulator
Formula Dé is a real board game.

Why is this a thing?

oh well that's darn cool, i should play it sometime
i've been thinking about how to translate racing into a boardgame before, so that's exciting to see

play GURPS

going to set up a generally 2 alpha tournament soon be there

>2 alpha tournament
youtube.com/watch?v=QH6v8XQ38yw
???